Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760913 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1560 on: February 12, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »

The sad thing, is that no matter how overmatched Trump's defense team was, and how ill-prepared they were to defend the indefensible, there's not enough decency, among the Repubs senators to do the right thing.

You have it backwards.  Nothing close to a crime was committed.

The 56 votes will be rightfully long forgotten

You're an idiot.

some 300 people have been arrested for the insurrection and the crimes they commited., many seen on TV by millions.

What the Repubs need to do, for the good of the country, is find their balls, and convict Trump,

Convict because they don't like his behavior?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 12, 2021, 07:07:53 PM »

No you moron because Trump incited a mob to overthrow the legally elected government and ignored his sworn duty to uphold, protect and defend our constitution.

I happen to think he's a swell guy, but he a fucking traitor.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1562 on: February 12, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »

The sad thing, is that no matter how overmatched Trump's defense team was, and how ill-prepared they were to defend the indefensible, there's not enough decency, among the Repubs senators to do the right thing.

You have it backwards.  Nothing close to a crime was committed.

The 56 votes will be rightfully long forgotten

His defense admitted to the crime by saying he should be tried n a court of law.

None of their shit stuck to the wall.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 12, 2021, 07:13:36 PM »

No you moron because Trump incited a mob to overthrow the legally elected government and ignored his sworn duty to uphold, protect and defend our constitution.

Sounds like exactly what I said.  You don't like Trump's actions as he by right was trying to get re-elected

Not criminal
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1564 on: February 12, 2021, 07:15:05 PM »

If his lawyers didn't get paid upfront they're gonna have to come put of pocket for their ethics investigation.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 12, 2021, 07:18:37 PM »

Sounds like exactly what I said.  You don't like Trump's actions as he by right was trying to get re-elected

Not criminal

We're talking about Trump's impeachment not a criminal proceeeding.

His criminality is not an issue in this matter.

You created a strawman that no one argued.

So congrats you argued with a strawman and came to a draw.

You're a moron

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 12, 2021, 07:19:49 PM »

Biden wants to restrict travel to Florida?
Probably insures Florida will be solid red forever and
DeSantis or Rubio becomes President some day.
Surely Biden is in over his head.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1567 on: February 12, 2021, 07:27:33 PM »

he legal case against Trump is strong and relatively easy to make. The difficulty is that the entire GOP is the “but for” cause of Trump. It’s the Republicans who created the conditions for Trumpism; Trump merely took advantage of those conditions for his own selfish ends. How many Republicans are ready to reckon with their own complicity in the attack on our democracy?

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/republicans-impeachment-cowards/

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 12, 2021, 07:52:12 PM »

So Trump's two most profitable buildings he has one-third ownership. The two-thirds owner is considering a cram down. Starving him of cash to force him to sell them at a discount. So sad I know

Also not a crime, right?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 12, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »

Jim Jordan, the Ohio "Whiz": How do you incite a riot that was already going to happen?

-Pipe bombs were placed near the Capitol before President Trump’s speech.

-The FBI knew about potential violence before the speech.

-Capitol Police requested help from the National Guard days before the speech.

So, he acknowledges a planned conspiracy to overthrow the government was in motion. He shows that he grasps that the crowd was already greased for violence and that they just needed permission to act, which Trump gave them, and Trump said he'd join them in doing (before he, of course, he bailed and went home to watch them on his tv).

And Genius Jim, the Wrestling Pedophile, doesn't understand how this happened?

Are all the Ohioans as dumb as this jock-ass?

What a fucking embarrassment to the country!

Small subsection of supporters who never could be expected to act as such

Even knowledge of the advance planning doesn't change this

And "peacefully and patriotically" is really all you need to be on the side of acquit - if common sense doesn't already have you there.

Seems you're more of a fucking partisan than other people have been giving you credit for being.

Or you've fallen and hit your head.

Murder. Insurrection. Sedition. Treason. Inspired for months. Advanced planning makes it a conspiracy.

Called to arms by the person who said he was going with you to the capital to fight, fight, fight.

This is like someone gathering a group together, daily, for months and telling them, "The bank has your money. The bank has your money. Meet me at the bank on this date to get back the money that truly belongs to you."

They meet you on the appointed day. You tell them, again. "The bank has your money. They are stealing your money. Go to the bank! Stop them from stealing your money. Get back your money. Let's all go to the bank. Fight the bankers who have your money. I'll be there with you."

They go, you go home. Then later you say, "Wait, What? They broke into a bank and killed people while trying to rob the bank? Where did they ever get such an idea? And btw, I'm only practicing free speech. I've heard others talk about fighting the bank."

STFU, kid. Either admit you know right from wrong, or continue to show that you're complicit in perpetuing this kind of wrongdoing.

And why? Because members of your "team" went off the rails, but you can't man up and declare them as the criminals that they are?

Grow a fucking set.

Your words are as empty as your head.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #1570 on: February 12, 2021, 08:12:24 PM »

The lead guy today was Michael van der Veen

Yep.  You're right.

Dems - and media - getting their ass kicked.
Kid continues to “move on.”
Oddly, his signature line is spot on today.

Good catch.   BTW what is the source of your new signature line?   Perhaps due to minus twelve temp here,  my search engine has failed.

The late lamented and underloved band, Big Star and their song O, Dana:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Big-Star/O-Dana
Great, great band. Especially their first two albums when Bell was (mostly) still with them.

Define "Great, great band", because that term doesn't apply to that group.
They took the jangle of the Byrds, the homemade, quirky sound of the Velvet Underground and with two great singers in Bell and Chilton made their own sound. One that was hugely influential for bands like REM, Wilco, Son Volt (both spun off from Uncle Tupelo) and many others. Maybe you should give them a listen.

I will.   I recall hearing of them,  and a high mortality rate,  sadly.  I remember Chilton doing vocals for the Box Tops, too.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 12, 2021, 08:13:59 PM »

Biden wants to restrict travel to Florida?

I heard he wants to confine all fucking idiots   Ohio. The problem is that Ohio is running out of room for fucking idiots, as it is quite full of them already.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #1572 on: February 12, 2021, 08:27:27 PM »

When did all Americans start saying "you all"?
Castro from San Antone did frequently.  The Philly lawyer for Trump picked that up too.  The WaPO reporter Libby Casey just you all-ed.

We need a linguistics thread,  for all the cunning linguists here.   When I was a wee child in the sixties,  "y'all" or its uncontracted form,  were most definitely Southern,  and deployed at the end credits of The Beverley Hillbillies -- " y'all come back now,  ya hear? "
It seems to me that it became universal,  in the uncontracted form,  by the eighties,  at least where I was in the northern plains.   Before that the plural you was either understood from context or expressed as "you guys" or "you folks. " 

barton

« Reply #1573 on: February 12, 2021, 08:31:48 PM »

“If a President spins a big lie to anger Americans and stokes the fury by repeating the lie at event after event and invites violent groups to DC on the day and hour necessary to interrupt the electoral college count and does nothing to stop those groups from advancing and fails to summon the National Guard to protect the Capitol, then expresses pleasure and delight that the Capitol was attacked, is the President innocent of inciting an insurrection because in a speech he says ‘be peaceful?’” ---Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Mass.

Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Mass.

We both have a Salem on the shore, but no, not quite.

Oregon's is in the Willamette Valley.  Inland.   Used to live near there and the spouse went up there for occasional gigs.   Mindbendingly cloudy.   People would buy sunlamps and sit by them to ward off depression.   Or drink.   Or both.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1574 on: February 12, 2021, 08:32:55 PM »

Trump put out a it on his VP.

End of story.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2929