Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756659 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15885 on: September 09, 2021, 02:26:55 PM »

White parents are also far more likely to oppose school mask mandates, with 42% opposed versus 6% of Black parents, 15% of Hispanics and 25% of those of other races.

Parents opposition to mask mandates increases as their income goes up only 19% of parents earning less than $50,000 per year oppose the mask requirements, versus 36% of those earning between $50,000 and $99,999 and 40% of those making more than $100,000 annually.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/09/07/these-are-the-parents-most-likely-to-oppose-school-mask-mandates-poll-finds/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm&sh=70c7c1e15b5b
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15886 on: September 09, 2021, 02:27:15 PM »

bambuworld plays cricket against Afghanistan, Pakistan (not over there)...Test cricket (the highest level).
Afghanistan due to play a Test match in Australia this summer...it looks like being cancelled now the Taliban are in control again.
"The Taliban are in control of Afghanistan again and are stronger than ever". tv news
Here we go again!
Hope the 'Christian' West is more awake than it was 20 years ago.
Not as sleepy, not as loving, and not as tolerant.
Learning to fly planes, but not learning how to land them!
Hellooo!
Terrorists would love nothing more than to blow up that new 9/11 tower building in NYC.
Are the US war planes gassed up ready to fire at a moment's notice?
Hopefully terrorists can't just drive truck bombs under the building.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:37:49 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15887 on: September 09, 2021, 02:32:28 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-hospitalizations-nonvaccinated

Simple stuff =

GET THE VACCINE, minority Democrats.

Larry's folk - get fuckin stuck already.

I agree that minority folks who are not yet vaccinated should get vaccinated.

Can you agree that the vastly greater number of Republicans who are not yet vaccinated should get vaccinated?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15889 on: September 09, 2021, 03:00:50 PM »

Simple stuff =

Can you agree that the vastly greater number of Republicans who are not yet vaccinated should get vaccinated?!
LOL  a fiction of yours

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15890 on: September 09, 2021, 03:11:41 PM »

Simple stuff =

LOL  a fiction of yours

Comparing rates for Whites and Blacks does suggest that there is greater hesitancy with the latter group, a population that overwhelmingly votes Democratic. But if Black is being used as a proxy for those on the left, White is necessarily being used as a proxy for those on the right  which is not fair, since so many White Americans are also Democrats. In other words, Republicans are (probably subconsciously) trying to use the fact that most Republicans are White to imply that most Whites are Republican, which is not  true. The reality is that Black vaccination rates do reflect a greater hesitancy than is true of Whites overall, but Blacks are less hesitant that White Republicans, the focal point of the aforementioned criticism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/24/republicans-keep-hiding-behind-white-democrats-shift-vaccine-hesitancy-blame-onto-blacks/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #15891 on: September 09, 2021, 03:46:49 PM »

"He would have been an exemplary Director of the ATF and would have redoubled its efforts to crack down on illegal firearms traffickers and help keep our communities safe from gun violence," Biden said in a statement on Thursday. "Unfortunately, Republicans in Congress have made clear that they intend to use gun crime as a political talking point instead of taking serious steps to address it."   

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/09/1025428281/biden-withdraw-david-chipman-nominee-atf

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15892 on: September 09, 2021, 04:23:11 PM »

Here is a story about Roy Rogers...

As you know, my Brother married Roy and Dale's Granddaughter, Kristen, and one year my Brother took me to Roy's Daughter Dodie's house on Christmas Day, and Roy told us stories all day, it was wonderful. It was a very special Christmas.

One thing that Roy left me with was the lesson that we need to go through the hard times so that we better appreciate the good times. Roy experienced the Great Depression and extreme poverty, he lived in the homeless camp that John Steinbeck wrote about that was in the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" and Roy lived through a lot of hard times, before becoming successful and before he became a living legend. When Roy became successful he really enjoyed success because he knew what it was like to be poor and hungry.

Then, later in life, I met George Lucas, and he told me not to let the hard times ruin me before I succeed, and not to let success ruin me after I succeed. So many people become bitter and hardened from the hard times, and then they become spoiled and arrogant and ungrateful after they become successful. It went along with what Roy Rogers said.

I am very grateful for my blessings, and even though I have been through a lot of hard times I will not become bitter and hardened. And when I am wealthy then I will be good to my workers, and I will treat other people well. I have had wealthy friends, so I have seen good wealthy people who were wonderful people, such as Suzanne Pleshette who I worked for, and my friend Lisa who helped the homeless, I have had wealthy friends and also I lived in Malibu and stuff, so I know how to remain graceful as I become wealthy. And I will help the orphans and stuff like Roy did. And I want to help the homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15893 on: September 09, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »

Simple stuff =

LOL  a fiction of yours

The facts have been presented here multiple times.

Your denial doesn't change them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15894 on: September 09, 2021, 04:43:53 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/us/north-carolina-covid-school-sports/index.html

Sports in school is behind the major COVID centers in NC.

Probably other states, as well.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #15895 on: September 09, 2021, 04:45:36 PM »

Simple stuff =

LOL  a fiction of yours

you have no facts
You never do

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15896 on: September 09, 2021, 04:48:24 PM »

"He would have been an exemplary Director of the ATF and would have redoubled its efforts to crack down on illegal firearms traffickers and help keep our communities safe from gun violence," Biden said in a statement on Thursday. "Unfortunately, Republicans in Congress have made clear that they intend to use gun crime as a political talking point instead of taking serious steps to address it."   

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/09/1025428281/biden-withdraw-david-chipman-nominee-atf

Angus King
Joe Manchin

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15897 on: September 09, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics/proxy-voting-mccarthy-supreme-court/index.html

McCarthy is trying to block the proxy voting rules in the House.

Seems he thinks the House only gets to set its own rules when the GOP is in power.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15898 on: September 09, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »

"Evacuees from Afghanistan who are on terror watchlists won't be allowed into America"...tv news.
Hooray!

Obviously modern man cannot change their mideival minds about anything.
Modern men like yourself should spell correctly.

OMG it is medieval!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15899 on: September 09, 2021, 05:03:51 PM »

Simple stuff =

LOL  a fiction of yours

you have no facts
You never do

I posted facts with links to articles.

Have a seat, shill.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 2927