Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750850 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16035 on: September 11, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »

With China and Russia joining together recently in military exercises....what better place and region for the US to add to its defences than Australia, Pacific.
China is moving on the Pacific...using money as its weapon.

US is the largest investor in Australia.
US could *own* all that land, access to the uranium, clear skies, deep water ports...without firing a shot.
Plenty of room for air bases.
Plenty of room to build and bury nukes...not far from China.

US goods and services trade surplus with Australia was $28.5 billion in 2019.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: September 11, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »

Hopefully the US will start making those nuke missiles in Australia soon...as reported recently.

If we have a good CIA, then we will not need nuclear missiles. We just surgically remove problems early. We keep the problems small, and we do not let the problems grow so huge that we need nukes.

When I worked at China Lake we were working on the Star Wars Missile Defense Program, we wanted to be able to shoot down missiles. So, there is that too, soon we will be able to shoot down missiles. And we already have a pretty good missile defense program, and so does Israel.

Salute,

Tony V.

A good missile attack program is also needed, to scare the enemy and let it know what will happen to it if it goes firing missiles.
Rockets get fired into Israel ...Israel fires missiles back...then the rockets stop.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:13:37 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: September 11, 2021, 02:54:33 PM »

On the issue of influence...

If you change how people think and feel, then you can change how they behave.

Carl Rogers, who helped to create the program at the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs, taught the world that in order to be happy we need to keep our thoughts, feelings, and behavior, congruent, or we develop cognitive dissonance and become uncomfortable. In order for people to be happy, they need to keep their thoughts, feelings, and behavior, congruent. If you change any of the three, then the others must change as well, for the person to be happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Rogers

So if a movie, or a poem, or a song, or a book, or a television show, etc, can change how a person thinks and feels, then you can change how they behave.

Hollywood has a huge influence on the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: September 11, 2021, 03:13:26 PM »

Bambu, I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a General in China, in spite of her wealth and power in China she learned English and moved to live in Malibu. The Chinese love Malibu. Her and I talked for hours and hours about the situation with China, and we concluded that it will take patience and wisdom to work out the situation with China, and we hope that our leaders will be wise.

On the issue of Russia, they love American Rock and Roll. Here is a video of the band Pantera in Moscow, they were from Texas.

https://youtu.be/cf-GLpLj5kY

Russia loves Rock and Roll.

And as an actor I studied Stanislavski, and Chekhov (Anton, as well as Michael). Hollywood actors have been learning from the Russian teachers for a long time, and the Russians taught the theatre teachers in New York. The Russians have had a huge influence on the actors. As well as Ballet, etc.

We can get along with China and Russia, we just need to have a good CIA, and we need wise people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:17:07 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: September 11, 2021, 03:39:35 PM »

Hopefully the US will start making those nuke missiles in Australia soon...as reported recently.

If we have a good CIA, then we will not need nuclear missiles. We just surgically remove problems early. We keep the problems small, and we do not let the problems grow so huge that we need nukes.

Tony is in favor of assassination, guilt without a trial, and summary execution for those we wish "out of the way."

How... American of him.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: September 11, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »

Tony is in favor of assassination, guilt without a trial, and summary execution for those we wish "out of the way."

How... American of him.

Israel turned the Hamas leader in a wheelchair into Swiss cheese.
Sometimes "surgically remove" is the best way.

bin Laden was surgically removed...not a bomb or dead civilian anywhere.
Look at all those computer hard drives, tapes and files that accompanied his body on the chopper.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:17:45 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: September 11, 2021, 04:23:43 PM »

I still have high hopes for the United Nations.

I worked for a World War II veteran who had a picture of the United Nations on the wall, he said the United Nations was our best hope of never having another world war.

The United Nations has said that we will judge the Taliban by how they treat the women and children, in such case we as a planet need to step in and help the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election to choose a new legitimate President and Government. We keep trying until it works. I will always choose civilization and good human rights. The United Nations needs to support civilization and good human rights.

And yes Josh, if I could have shot Hitler before he did what he did, I would have shot him and saved all of the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: September 11, 2021, 04:25:26 PM »

In the war on terror it's a very good idea not to be afraid to stamp visa and immigration documents DECLINED
If they're not on your soil they can't blow you up, or hack your head off on London Bridge or a bridge in Chicago.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: September 11, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »

I still have high hopes for the United Nations.

I worked for a World War II veteran who had a picture of the United Nations on the wall, he said the United Nations was our best hope of never having another world war.

The United Nations has said that we will judge the Taliban by how they treat the women and children, in such case we as a planet need to step in and help the people of Afghanistan to have a free and fair election to choose a new legitimate President and Government. We keep trying until it works. I will always choose civilization and good human rights. The United Nations needs to support civilization and good human rights.

And yes Josh, if I could have shot Hitler before he did what he did, I would have shot him and saved all of the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Rumour has it that:..
"In 1938, Adolf Hitler himself is said to have told British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain that Pte Henry Tandey had spared his life 20 years before."
If only Hitler had been turned into a corpse then.
But that would've been a war crime...and you'd get executed yourself for doing it.
See Germany, Japan, Italy, Taliban, ISIS etc having war crimes trials of their own?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: September 11, 2021, 04:46:45 PM »

Notre Dame in Paris burned.

Churches have been intentionally set on fire.

Priests have been murdered, along with Nuns.

The Churches need to have security cameras, and security guards now.

And in the USA right now people are all carrying guns. Terrorists have been stopped quickly in Texas by good guys with guns. It is a sad fact of life. But, the people in the USA are not easy victims. After 9/11 twenty years ago the people have become stronger. And imagine if you are a poor young beautiful woman from Iran and you come to the USA, of course you are going to buy a gun to protect your human rights. The people in the USA are not easy victims. And in Nevada they are all Cowboys, the terrorists would not last long in Nevada, and Las Vegas is stronger now after the terrorist attack. Gun sales have been brisk in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: September 11, 2021, 05:25:55 PM »

The things that hurt the USA the most in my life-time were things such as illegal drugs, and losing all of our jobs to other countries.

People built prisons, and they called it "job creation" and people flooded the streets with illegal drugs and then they arrested the people for getting addicted to the drugs.

And for me, a cop is like the opposite of a Christian in some ways, a Christian wants to help you and to forgive you and to save your soul and to help you go to Heaven, whereas a cop wants to catch you doing a crime so that they can arrest you and send you to jail. A Christian wants to save you, whereas a cop wants to bust you.

And now the streets are full of homeless people. Some of the homeless people are mentally ill, some are drug addicts and alcoholics, some are criminals, and some are just poor people who could never earn enough money for a home.

Somehow we need to help all of the homeless people, get them treatment, and get them into housing, and then get them training and get them back to work.

And we need to get the people out of prison, rehabilitated, into programs such as Homeboy Industries to build houses for the retired people who are homeless to get the retired people into housing. etc.

And we need for President Biden to fight to get us fair trade deals, and to help our economy. The Infrastructure plan will help. And we need high speed trains, etc.

Right now times are hard, and I see homeless people everytime I go for a walk. We need task forces to help the homeless, and to take the homeless people to Wellness Centers where they can get help, etc.

And we need to build colleges instead of prisons, and we need to train doctors instead of homeless people and criminals. Biden has a good idea with free community college for everyone.

We also need to train people for home jobs, which will get cars off of the road, and it will also be good for the children to have their parents at home. And we need to plan communities better, so that people do not need cars.

Illegal drugs and prisons and streets full of homeless people, that is what is wrong with America. And the corona crisis only made things worse.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16046 on: September 11, 2021, 05:26:11 PM »

Thanks to Fac, for the Vox interview,  and also Josh,  for trenchant response - it does seem we've been lied to.

When will we learn that American exceptionalism, and exporting values by force,  is what breeds terrorism rather than prevents it.     

Black folks been telling you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16047 on: September 11, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »

Sucker
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16048 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:53 PM »

When I worked at China Lake we were working on the Star Wars Missile Defense Program, we wanted to be able to shoot down missiles. So, there is that too, soon we will be able to shoot down missiles. And we already have a pretty good missile defense program, and so does Israel.

Salute,

Tony V.

A good missile attack program is also needed, to scare the enemy and let it know what will happen to it if it goes firing missiles.
Rockets get fired into Israel ...Israel fires missiles back...then the rockets stop.

Maybe we should beat the enemy by figuring persuasion over profitable brute force?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16049 on: September 11, 2021, 05:32:05 PM »

In the war on terror it's a very good idea not to be afraid to stamp visa and immigration documents DECLINED
If they're not on your soil they can't blow you up, or hack your head off on London Bridge or a bridge in Chicago.

I am not afraid of Al Qaeda ...

Pay attention, bitches.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 2924