Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751483 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16650 on: September 21, 2021, 11:17:52 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16651 on: September 21, 2021, 11:21:36 AM »

I'll ask Hamilton Samuels the same question I've asked Red.  Why do you keep returning to a place where you dislike everybody so?

I'll answer your question.

I don't "dislike everybody so".

Actually, I don't even think about liking or disliking anyone here. Realistically, no one here truly knows anyone else. You may think you know, but you don't.

The weak-minded try to surround themselves with those who think exactly like they do. They prefer the echo chamber to being challenged as to what they believe or think. (Larry, josh, fac, the lying lawyer of AZ, etc)

It should be one's responsibility to expose and educate the weak-minded here and elsewhere.

Call it a public service, if you will.

I could sit on the sidelines, like you, and pretend not to see the blatant hypocrisy that permeates this forum.

But that's not me.

As to my rant here this morning. Imagine that YOU wrote to me in the My Messages, and it was your way of addressing a thorny issue with another poster in as private a way as was available to you, and then the other poster went public with the discussion, but greatly distorted what you had written. How would you feel about that? This is the second time that has happened here. I'll leave out the first time.

We are told to try to keep the place civil, and then when I take the path of doing just that, the "moderator" goes rogue so he can "win"?

WTF.

So, it's not about disliking anyone. It's about disliking what some (particularly on the left) do.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently.

if you have more such questions, use the My Message, button.
Ah.  You think you're making a difference.  Hysterical.

Why do you come here, yank?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:25:25 AM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16652 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »

NOTE: Hamilton has expressed an ongoing lack of clarity on the cause of his most recent banning (and the one before it).

So, let me make it clear:

Stay away from other posters' personal real life events, families, and friends.

This does not forbid expressions of sincere condolences. (But does cover "I'm sorry your spouse died of stupidity" and other forms of fake comfort.)

Anybody other than Hamilton have any doubts about what this means?!

josh is now taking personal messages and posting them here for your approval and disapproval, but only after first seriously distorting that private conversation. Anyone have any doubts that josh has lost his ability to be a "moderator" as his personal biases have infected his "work" here?

The My Messages vessel was used in order to keep the discussion off of here. Josh is now violating that concept. Clearly, he has an agenda. Eliminate anyone who disagrees with his politics.

Soooooooooo leftist.

Pretty feeble.

I didn't post your note, though I can if you would like.

And you are still not "eliminated."

Is the rule clear to you, now?!

But, as ever, Ham, feel free to complain to the Admin.

There was no reason to bring this back on the board, when you had the means to keep it within the "My Messages". Look at the fucking mess you've made, and continue to make.

Stop blaming me for your mistakes.

There was no need to compound your error of misinterpreting and recharacterizing my comments.

But you did.

And apparently you want to bait me into "violating" the "rules".

GFY.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16653 on: September 21, 2021, 11:33:34 AM »

I'll ask Hamilton Samuels the same question I've asked Red.  Why do you keep returning to a place where you dislike everybody so?

Actually, I don't even think about liking or disliking anyone here. Realistically, no one here truly knows anyone else. You may think you know, but you don't.

The weak-minded try to surround themselves with those who think exactly like they do. They prefer the echo chamber to being challenged as to what they believe or think. (Larry, josh, fac, the lying lawyer of AZ, etc)

It should be one's responsibility to expose and educate the weak-minded here and elsewhere.

I could sit on the sidelines, like you, and pretend not to see the blatant hypocrisy that permeates this forum.

But that's not me.

As to my rant here this morning. Imagine that YOU wrote to me in the My Messages, and it was your way of addressing a thorny issue with another poster in as private a way as was available to you, and then the other poster went public with the discussion, but greatly distorted what you had written. How would you feel about that? This is the second time that has happened here. I'll leave out the first time.

We are told to try to keep the place civil, and then when I take the path of doing just that, the "moderator" goes rogue so he can "win"?

WTF.

So, it's not about disliking anyone. It's about disliking what some (particularly on the left) do.

Nice way to kill time.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16654 on: September 21, 2021, 11:34:54 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/black-americans-resettling-ghana-130501802.html

Interesting. Going back to where your ancestors were sold into slavery by other blacks.

Some folks get it, though: https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-08-20/willful-amnesia-how-africans-forgot-and-remembered-their-role-slave-trade

Complicated stuff, and worth examining, when teaching world history. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16655 on: September 21, 2021, 11:36:00 AM »

But that's not me.

WTF.

Nice way to kill time.

Seems I got it right.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16656 on: September 21, 2021, 11:37:10 AM »

So the shit show known as the Biden Presidency is crashing and burning.
And it appears that the people best positioned to keep it alive are none other than the GOP.

Really need to wait and see what passes,  and in what form,  on infrastructure,  green energy,  educational assistance, voting rights,  before anything can be dubbed a crash.
The democrats have the votes to pass the Biden plan but cannot seem to agree on what it is.
The GOP would be nuts to help them.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16657 on: September 21, 2021, 12:30:22 PM »

Why don't you post a direct quote from somebody, anybody, who has said that  those who are not getting vaccinated are "solely...white Trump backers."

Mission accomplished!!!!

Yep.  Haven't seen anyone make that claim. Just another strawman. The more accurate claim is that Trump followers have adopted the anti-vax liturgy in greater proportions than other groups/factions.  And they went so far as to loudly boo Trump at a rally when he suggested they should get vaxxed.  When you can get a Trumper to boo Trump, you've got a seriously potent belief system there.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16658 on: September 21, 2021, 12:31:02 PM »

Hey, we're on the corduroy page today! 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16659 on: September 21, 2021, 12:36:40 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/politics/iowa-poll-joe-biden-approval/index.html

Not a good sign for Democrats and the 2022 election.

Biden got walloped in the Iowa primary (caucuses) by Bernie and Mayor Pete and he got thumped by Trump in the general.

Iowa is not a good representation of the Democratic Party
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16660 on: September 21, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »

Biden got walloped in the Iowa primary (caucuses) by Bernie and Mayor Pete and he got thumped by Trump in the general.

Neither is Georgia.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #16661 on: September 21, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/joy-reid-calls-missing-white-145741309.html

MWWS.

As I noted the other day, and which you all ignored.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16662 on: September 21, 2021, 01:34:16 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/joy-reid-calls-missing-white-145741309.html

MWWS.

As I noted the other day, and which you all ignored.

I replied to that other post.  While I generally agree that young white girls do seem to capture the media spotlight more than BIPOC, I think the national fixation on the Petito case is best explained by its stark peculiarities and the fact there was already a social media following of her van journey.  The media like to give us drama and weirdness.  (for example, there was a really weird and troubling case in my town of a native girl found dead underneath a trailer, which got a lot of attention, so there may be journalistic criteria other than whiteness) 

To be fair, I think some posts get ignored simply because there are several topics are being batted around at the same time, and others had limited time and picked the one that most drew their interest.  I always figure at least 50% of my posts will be skipped or skimmed, for that reason. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16663 on: September 21, 2021, 01:57:56 PM »

Why don't you post a direct quote from somebody, anybody, who has said that  those who are not getting vaccinated are "solely...white Trump backers."

Mission accomplished!!!!

Yep.  Haven't seen anyone make that claim. Just another strawman. The more accurate claim is that Trump followers have adopted the anti-vax liturgy in greater proportions than other groups/factions.  And they went so far as to loudly boo Trump at a rally when he suggested they should get vaxxed.  When you can get a Trumper to boo Trump, you've got a seriously potent belief system there.

Deadline Whitehouse - MSNBC

Every day
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16664 on: September 21, 2021, 02:02:52 PM »

Neither is Georgia.

Yeah.

That is why Biden won Georgia and Georgia elected two democrats to the Senate one who is Jewish and the other a Black Preacher
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 2924