Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751333 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16755 on: September 22, 2021, 03:54:34 PM »

Did you receive any kind of education, Kid?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: September 22, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »

On the border crisis

The federal government is guilty of dereliction of duty, plain and simple.  And when you are missing in action to the level that they are missing right now there is no other choice but for we the people to go do the job they should be doing.  I think they give up their right to criticize anybody if they are not going to do the job themselves.  Ask yourself this question:
 If you love America, would you allow this to go on?

-  the great JOHN RICH
I cannot begin to count the number of ways this is wrong. But the appeal to vigilante justice is fucked.

Pretty sure Rich's comments were aimed at those in government critiquing those on horseback trying to DO THE JOB BIDEN WON'T DO (as in control the enormity of border crossings).

But those in the pic had dark skin - and there was sort of a rope looking thingee - so they couldnt help themselves - it was a good PR move to blast the agents doing great work - to make it a race thing as well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: September 22, 2021, 03:55:16 PM »

Vaccines. Antivirals.  Therapeutics.  Imagine that.
Pretty sure no one is against finding effective treatments for COVID. But treatments won't end the pandemic. Vaccinations will.

I disagree that COVID will ever be ended.

But glad you are aboard on therapeutics and prophylactic use - tell your friends
Everyone is in favor of treatments. Who do you think isn't?

This is the art of insinuation.   Imply a false narrative that somehow vaccines aren't necessary if we have really good antivirals.   And that just stressing antivirals will somehow distract us from the reality that unvaccinated people will keep the pandemic going and result in untold numbers of dead.

This is so disgusting,  false,  illogical,  and culpably stupid that I'm going to have to make this my last post on this 20.month old topic.   There is no point in reasoning with,  or bringing facts to,  complete shitforbrains cultists.
(Barton stomps foot loudly)
SO THERE!

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16758 on: September 22, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »

"Progressives"* in the Democratic party fucking up, again: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/21/democrats-funding-shutdown-debt-limit-513407

*They never fail to walk away from a real fight.

The Iron Dome money, which Israel views as critical for its protection from rocket attacks, will be included in the annual defense funding bill instead, according to an Appropriations Committee spokesperson.

AFTER the fall elections. Dope.

They stomped and yelled and worked hard to impair a DEFENSE SYSTEM, thereby showing their love for Hamas and friends.

They gave the GOP an issue, plain and simple, simpleton.

The bigger issue will be when the GOP votes against the disaster relief included in this bill.

Republicans have already said they plan to reject the funding package, which includes $28.6 billion in disaster aid

So why give them ammunition?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: September 22, 2021, 04:06:42 PM »

(Barton stomps foot loudly)
Barton is way off base

Yes, some of these drugs have been said by some to potentially be effective as prophylactics.

But most of the talk is what the drugs  can do - and ARE doing - with folks that have already been saddled with COVID-19

So no, Barton - this is not a "why take the vaccine when I can just take the drugs" thing.  It IS good to have that in the back pocket - that if you do get the virus there are drugs that can help - if you - for your reasons - decide not to get vaccinated.

If someone does get COVID-19 and the drugs then do nothing to save them - well - that was a poor play - and why most of us with little reason to NOT get the shots HAVE got the shots.

Barton - what percentage of US adults who have not been vaccinated have already had COVID-19?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16760 on: September 22, 2021, 04:08:38 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2021/09/22/gabby-petito-found-missing-people-color/5798347001/

Yes.   There's a bad mental habit people out here have, when it comes to missing Lakota women and just dismissing them as "that's what Indians do,  they drink, they drug,  they abuse,  and the girl runs away and hides."   Other impoverished groups get viewed through that lens of indifference, too.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: September 22, 2021, 04:09:13 PM »

Pretty simple, kid.

If get vaxed, you won't be so vexxed.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16762 on: September 22, 2021, 04:11:09 PM »

Those who have been speaking publicly - here or in the press (TV, print) - against many drugs put forth to battle COVID-19.

You should sue your school district...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: September 22, 2021, 04:12:43 PM »

Yes.   There's a bad mental habit people out here have, when it comes to missing Lakota women and just dismissing them as "that's what Indians do,  they drink, they drug,  they abuse,  and the girl runs away and hides."   Other impoverished groups get viewed through that lens of indifference, too.

I always want to know the story.  Law enforcement has the task - of how far to take an investigation.  And anyone with a phone can call the press.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16764 on: September 22, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »

Those who have been speaking publicly - here or in the press (TV, print) - against many drugs put forth to battle COVID-19.

shhhhh....

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16765 on: September 22, 2021, 04:57:53 PM »

shhhhh....

You should follow your own recommendation

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16766 on: September 22, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »

This was a different kind of story, as was the Holloway case, which lives on today.

Yes.

She's white, pretty, and popular.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16767 on: September 22, 2021, 05:04:02 PM »

On the border crisis

The federal government is guilty of dereliction of duty, plain and simple.  And when you are missing in action to the level that they are missing right now there is no other choice but for we the people to go do the job they should be doing.  I think they give up their right to criticize anybody if they are not going to do the job themselves.  Ask yourself this question:
 If you love America, would you allow this to go on?

-  the great JOHN RICH
I cannot begin to count the number of ways this is wrong. But the appeal to vigilante justice is fucked.

Pretty sure Rich's comments were aimed at those in government critiquing those on horseback trying to DO THE JOB BIDEN WON'T DO (as in control the enormity of border crossings).

But those in the pic had dark skin - and there was sort of a rope looking thingee - so they couldnt help themselves - it was a good PR move to blast the agents doing great work - to make it a race thing as well.

Their boss admits whip use.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16768 on: September 22, 2021, 05:47:34 PM »

Mike Flynn says libs are gonna put the vaccine in salad dressing.

Motherfucker is batshit crazy

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1440644282759614478?s=21

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16769 on: September 22, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2021/09/22/gabby-petito-found-missing-people-color/5798347001/

How many van life women of color travelling with their fiances / boyfriends...living their lives on YouTube...have gone missing?
There are some women of color on YouTube living van life...if they suddenly stopped posting videos without explanation their YouTube fans would be demanding answers and investigations.
There are millions of people following van lifers on You Tube... I am but one of them.
Following their lives, subscribing to them (free or by small monetary payment) ...each video like and subscription earns the folk a small amount from YouTube.
Thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of subscribers, views, likes...the more income to buy food, gas, vehicle repairs, caravan park fees etc.
Some folk are able to attract sponsors.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:46:17 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 2924