Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752930 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16875 on: September 24, 2021, 05:53:28 PM »

Achtung, baby!

The United States is heading into its greatest political and constitutional crisis since the Civil War, with a reasonable chance over the next three to four years of incidents of mass violence, a breakdown of federal authority, and the division of the country into warring red and blue enclaves. The warning signs may be obscured by the distractions of politics, the pandemic, the economy and global crises, and by wishful thinking and denial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/09/23/robert-kagan-constitutional-crisis/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: September 24, 2021, 06:10:43 PM »

Sabina Nessa...murdered on the streets of London a few days ago.
Outrage there is.

Sabina left her home at night to walk alone on the street to a pub 5 minutes away...never made it there, murdered in a park.
*Everyone* is shocked.
bambu is not shocked...because as he says...and is true: "The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless."
Aussie girl who was assaulted here issued a warning to other women:
There are MONSTERS out there, worse than the ones in our dreams."

Yes, monsters who look like normal, nice people..

Telling women to "reclaim the night" is seriously misguided...unless it's, "go out at night, but only with a SWAT team for protection."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: September 24, 2021, 06:11:30 PM »

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appeared to cry on the House floor after breaking with her fellow Squad members in a vote to fund Israel
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16878 on: September 24, 2021, 06:16:38 PM »

I know horses, and agree that the twirling of reins was misinterpreted.  If someone said they were whips, that would be a lie, yes.  But I am not clear on if the horses were used to rush migrants, which would be quite dangerous and call for attitude adjustment among mounted BP officers. 

If I had to choose between being teargassed and stampeded by a horse, I'd take the gas every time. 

I want to wait and see what investigation shows.
How nice.
Will they be investigating all aliens exposed to the horses or just the Hatiians. ?

Sometimes your compulsion to snideness is baffling.  Why would the investigation ignore anyone being rushed by horses there?   The focus is on a particular event,  which involved Haitians (from S.  America),  is that not the case?   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16879 on: September 24, 2021, 06:19:51 PM »

Achtung, baby!

The United States is heading into its greatest political and constitutional crisis since the Civil War, with a reasonable chance over the next three to four years of incidents of mass violence, a breakdown of federal authority, and the division of the country into warring red and blue enclaves. The warning signs may be obscured by the distractions of politics, the pandemic, the economy and global crises, and by wishful thinking and denial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/09/23/robert-kagan-constitutional-crisis/

I tried to post this yesterday,  but it got eaten by the Glitch Bitch,  and I ran out of time.  Thanks for posting.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16880 on: September 24, 2021, 06:28:09 PM »

Telling women to "reclaim the night" is seriously misguided...unless it's, "go out at night, but only with a SWAT team for protection."

The London girl walked alone.  AFAICT,  the reclaim the night movement is about women walking in mixed groups,  with pepper spray and other precautionary measures,  to insure safety.   

Also,  when did you start channeling Yoda?   "Outrage there is. "  j/k

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16881 on: September 24, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »

I know horses, and agree that the twirling of reins was misinterpreted.  If someone said they were whips, that would be a lie, yes.  But I am not clear on if the horses were used to rush migrants, which would be quite dangerous and call for attitude adjustment among mounted BP officers. 

If I had to choose between being teargassed and stampeded by a horse, I'd take the gas every time. 

I want to wait and see what investigation shows.
How nice.
Will they be investigating all aliens exposed to the horses or just the Hatiians. ?

Sometimes your compulsion to snideness is baffling.  Why would the investigation ignore anyone being rushed by horses there?   The focus is on a particular event,  which involved Haitians (from S.  America),  is that not the case?
YOUR focus is on a particular event.
An event already proven false.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16882 on: September 24, 2021, 06:34:19 PM »

Achtung, baby!

I tried to post this yesterday,  but it got eaten by the Glitch Bitch,  and I ran out of time.  Thanks for posting.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #16883 on: September 24, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »

WTF.   Im talking about a specific event,  because you all brought it up as a topic,  and because it's being investigated.  Most investigating is of specific events.   Thats how specific facts are determined.  If they want to broaden the scope to all encounters with mounted officers,  its fine with me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: September 24, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »

The London girl walked alone.  AFAICT,  the reclaim the night movement is about women walking in mixed groups,  with pepper spray and other precautionary measures,  to insure safety.   

Also,  when did you start channeling Yoda?   "Outrage there is. "  j/k

In my word Reclaim the Night seems to be about protests, petitions etc.

In my world, in a large country town/city, a young woman was assaulted in a park/street.
Chief detective issued a warning/statement advising women to be aware of their surroundings and not to walk alone at night, or something.
Big mistake...women's groups went after him in anger..."victim blaming", "women have the right to....".
He, .......like the female school principal in America who basically tried to tell female students that wearing skin tight underwear as outer wear wasn't a good look and not what young ladies should be wearing, ....issued a grovelling apology, and maybe ran back into his office, shut the door and hid under his desk.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: September 24, 2021, 07:09:35 PM »

WTF.   Im talking about a specific event,  because you all brought it up as a topic,  and because it's being investigated.  Most investigating is of specific events.   Thats how specific facts are determined.  If they want to broaden the scope to all encounters with mounted officers,  its fine with me.
LOL
Sure.
There is no specific event tied to facts.
There are the lies of the President who already has determined guilt without one shred of evidence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16886 on: September 24, 2021, 07:11:59 PM »

LOL
Sure.
There is no specific event tied to facts.
There are the lies of the President who already has determined guilt without one shred of evidence.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, Prunella!

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: September 24, 2021, 07:26:07 PM »

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/national/article254363408.html

Bus driver prevented a athlete from a high school from getting on his bus - the kid was carrying a Mexican flag.

The rest of the team got off the bus.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: September 24, 2021, 08:36:43 PM »

UNO, everyone is a bully, bigot or phony except for you.

heh

Read the tagline, 'Bama.

I am from New York, ya jamoke.

A.Ham would have shot you in the ass for the shit you post.

Sure thing, Bama.

You need to understand the slang you are trying to snap.

I understand it, slow-mo.

How about you explain it to the rest of the room?

How about you grow a set and stand on your own instead if trying to drag others into it, like you always do?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:39:56 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: September 24, 2021, 08:41:32 PM »

Brian Laundrie is on the lam, with help from mummy and daddy.

Left the house with no phone and no wallet... To stay off the grid.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 2925