Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753646 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16996 on: September 27, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »

"The sky is falling," will say Kid, because his empathy and compassion are so strong.

https://www.rawstory.com/montana-vaccine-ban-long-term-care
Ward can call my previous response to this madness of unvaxxed healthcare workers "stomping" or "bluster," but that doesn't change the facts:  refusing vax can kill your patients, because you may be virus shedding.   (I note he made no actual counterargument or had any actual content to his previous post) *

Because it is none of your business.

So it's none of my business how staff take care of and protect my mother in a nursing home?
Then choose different care.
Then choose a different profession. Or do you think it is a surgical nurse's personal choice to wash hands before surgery?
Say what?
Nursing home nurses who refuse vaccinations will be out of a job, or reassigned.
Then nursing homes will be understaffed, at least temporarily.
A nurse has the right to refuse a vaccine, she or he has no right to a nursing home job if the vaccine is a job requirement.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: September 27, 2021, 02:05:22 PM »

If only Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie had decided to live van life by themselves, with a dog each for company, solo van lifers.
Now look what's happened because they didn't. Gabby is deceased, terrible for her family. Brian, if he's found alive, could be spending the rest of his life in terror, the terror of a small prison cell, no freedom......terrible for his family.

What is it that you think happened?

Do you think other people caused bad things to happen to them?

No.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: September 27, 2021, 03:17:21 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-ripped-for-tweeting-his-build-back-better-plan-costs-zero-dollars
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-biden-says-his-plan-costs-nothing-why-he-s-n1280158
A complete and total distortion.

When you read the bill you find

Child Care Credit goes from 3000 to 3600, per kid, but only through 2025
Medicare expansion only covers 2 years, but then kicks in for real in 2028
Child Care and PreK are only funded through 2027 and 2028 leaving the states holding the bags after that.

All of this is to fit the costs into the ten year 10 Trillion

In essence Nancy Pelosi has no thought beyond today on the real cost to all of us.  She is retiring next year and bets heavily that even in the GOP takes over Congress it will nit be able to reverse this Big Government Power Grab.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 03:26:57 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17001 on: September 27, 2021, 03:45:12 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-ripped-for-tweeting-his-build-back-better-plan-costs-zero-dollars
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-biden-says-his-plan-costs-nothing-why-he-s-n1280158
A complete and total distortion.

When you read the bill you find

Child Care Credit goes from 3000 to 3600, per kid, but only through 2025
Medicare expansion only covers 2 years, but then kicks in for real in 2028
Child Care and PreK are only funded through 2027 and 2028 leaving the states holding the bags after that.

All of this is to fit the costs into the ten year 10 Trillion

In essence Nancy Pelosi has no thought beyond today on the real cost to all of us.  She is retiring next year and bets heavily that even in the GOP takes over Congress it will nit be able to reverse this Big Government Power Grab.

You sound like Stephen Moore and Art Laffer.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #17002 on: September 27, 2021, 04:09:20 PM »

"The sky is falling," will say Kid, because his empathy and compassion are so strong.

Ward can call my previous response to this madness of unvaxxed healthcare workers "stomping" or "bluster," but that doesn't change the facts:  refusing vax can kill your patients, because you may be virus shedding.   (I note he made no actual counterargument or had any actual content to his previous post) *

So it's none of my business how staff take care of and protect my mother in a nursing home?
Then choose a different profession. Or do you think it is a surgical nurse's personal choice to wash hands before surgery?
Say what?
Nursing home nurses who refuse vaccinations will be out of a job, or reassigned.

You may want to read the article.   In Montana,  Gianforte gave healthcare workers a pass on vaxxing.   That's why people died in greater numbers than would have otherwise.   That's the whole point of the discussion.   Put the bong down.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17003 on: September 27, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »

Say what?

You may want to read the article.   In Montana,  Gianforte gave healthcare workers a pass on vaxxing.   That's why people died in greater numbers than would have otherwise.   That's the whole point of the discussion.   Put the bong down.

Maybe he should pick up the bong... might help him think less foolishly.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #17004 on: September 27, 2021, 04:22:16 PM »

Kid tried the same game,  I see,  on the intelligence article.   Pretending to answer "the post, " while not reading the article on which Oilcan's opinion post was predicated.    Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis? 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-return-white-house-disaster-141200923.html

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: September 27, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »

Say what?

Quite an assumption on your part.
But then, what is new?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: September 27, 2021, 04:32:14 PM »

A federal jury in New York found R&B superstar R. Kelly guilty of leading a racketeering enterprise that prosecutors said spanned decades and using his entourage to recruit women and underage girls for sex.

See ya!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: September 27, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »

Kid tried the same game,  I see,  on the intelligence article.   Pretending to answer "the post, " while not reading the article on which Oilcan's opinion post was predicated.    Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis? 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-return-white-house-disaster-141200923.html

I am OK with the politics of getting re-elected.

Where is Murphy going to now?

Holly Martins

« Reply #17008 on: September 27, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »

Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis?

Holly Martins

« Reply #17009 on: September 27, 2021, 04:41:29 PM »

Trying to facilitate your process of reading the key question in that first post way back there.   Hope this helps.

Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis?
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 2926