Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753614 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17010 on: September 27, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »

The question is quite poorly framed.

I gave you my thoughts on the article.

As you were now.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17011 on: September 27, 2021, 05:01:26 PM »

True believer
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17012 on: September 27, 2021, 05:07:23 PM »

Murphy further accused Nielsen, Wolf and other top officials of scrambling to gather and prepare intelligence reports that aligned with Trump's public remarks in the months leading up to the 2020 election.

"There was intense pressure to try to take intelligence and fit a political narrative,"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-return-white-house-disaster-us-intelligence-dhs/story?id=80232566

Again,

Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 05:09:38 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17013 on: September 27, 2021, 05:29:05 PM »

Weird,  you would think he'd be able to say "disagree," without pulling any muscles.   

So,  just to recap for those looking on:  I posted an article about Murphy, an intelligence officer,  who said that Trump did harm to US intelligence gathering and reporting,  especially as regards Russia,  and would do more harm if reelected.   

Despite spending months of his allotted lifespan in a politics forum,  Kid is unable to offer any answer that remotely addresses this thesis.   Apparently he cannot even disagree,  let alone offer reasons for that.   

Is this something scraped from the bottom of Graham's Hierarchy?   We may need a larger pyramid.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17014 on: September 27, 2021, 05:44:19 PM »

Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis?
This is where 3 pictures of squirrels would help.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17015 on: September 27, 2021, 05:49:03 PM »

A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17016 on: September 27, 2021, 05:51:08 PM »

This image is about deaths per 100,000 for the 14 days ending on September 23, 2021, so it doesn't apply directly to de Grasse Tyson's tweet/post about 5 to 1 GOP deaths to Democrat deaths, but it does suggest a possible exaggeration.

There might have only been 3 or 4 GOP deaths per Democratic party member death at that time.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17017 on: September 27, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »

True believer

Looking for something better, still.  From either side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17018 on: September 27, 2021, 06:10:19 PM »

So,  just to recap for those looking on:  I posted an article about Murphy, an intelligence officer,  who said that Trump did harm to US intelligence gathering and reporting,  especially as regards Russia,  and would do more harm if reelected.   

But you won't quote the article - preferring your paraphrase.  Nor would Barton.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17019 on: September 27, 2021, 06:32:06 PM »

But you won't quote the article - preferring your paraphrase.  Nor would Barton.
Actually arguing Trump did harm to the FBI is kind of silly since the Agency was largely dysfunctional before he was elected and downright incompetent since.

Holly Martins

« Reply #17020 on: September 27, 2021, 06:54:48 PM »

Kid tried the same game,  I see,  on the intelligence article.   Pretending to answer "the post, " while not reading the article on which Oilcan's opinion post was predicated.    Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis? 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-return-white-house-disaster-141200923.html

Put the link right in that post earlier,  so you could verify that we were fairly characterizing Murphy's message.   Larry also posted the link AND quoted from it.   You can't ask everyone to do your work for you.   At some point,  you agree to a good faith discussion or you just admit you're not in it.   Like it or not,  some chats require you to read the article.  Then you know what Murphy said,  as we do.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #17021 on: September 27, 2021, 07:05:35 PM »

Actually arguing Trump did harm to the FBI is kind of silly since the Agency was largely dysfunctional before he was elected and downright incompetent since.

You need to read the article.   Murphy was DHS,  not DOJ.  And he addresses the entire intelligence community, which is an array of agencies other than the FBI.  So,  clearly, you have no idea what Murphy's comments were about and have no intention of remedying your ignorance.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17022 on: September 27, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

Kid tried the same game,  I see,  on the intelligence article.   Pretending to answer "the post, " while not reading the article on which Oilcan's opinion post was predicated.    Kid,  do you agree or not,  that Trump did damage to US intelligence gathering and objective analysis? 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-return-white-house-disaster-141200923.html

Put the link right in that post earlier,  so you could verify that we were fairly characterizing Murphy's message.   Larry also posted the link AND quoted from it.   You can't ask everyone to do your work for you.   At some point,  you agree to a good faith discussion or you just admit you're not in it.   Like it or not,  some chats require you to read the article.  Then you know what Murphy said,  as we do.

The writer took liberty with the "quotes" - then YOU added your take on the writer's take

I'll pass on expanding the discussion.  Move on now.  Surely there are people getting whipped somewhere that you'd like to speak of

Holly Martins

« Reply #17023 on: September 27, 2021, 07:15:21 PM »

Murphy quotes misrepresented him?   How so?  What liberties were taken?   And how does that prevent you,  STILL,  from answering a straightforward question:

Did Trump harm US intelligence gathering and reporting?   

The fact that you make various evasions and  ad hominems, I will take as you waving the white flag.   No surprise given that many intelligence officers,  over the past five years have pointed out the damage Trump did to the intelligence operations of the US.
By subverting accurate reporting,  just as Murphy described in the most clear and unequivocal terms.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #17024 on: September 27, 2021, 07:18:04 PM »

....  Surely there are people getting whipped somewhere that you'd like to speak of

Excuse me but I was the one who also disputed the whipping claim,  explained why it was false,  and somehow managed to agree with both you and Ward and yet still be lumped in with others.   Fuck you,  asshole.
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 2926