Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753632 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17655 on: October 05, 2021, 08:39:29 PM »

Abortion also cripples many expectant fathers.  Not good for society.

Prove it.   Show us how many fathers are harmed.   I'm sure social scientists are tracking this kind of thing.   

Otherwise I will draw the conclusion you just pulled that out of your ass. 

Well, no

Personal experience.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17656 on: October 05, 2021, 08:41:42 PM »

Prove it.   Show us how many fathers are harmed.   I'm sure social scientists are tracking this kind of thing.   

Well, no

Personal experience.

So, at least one.

I am sorry you were hurt by that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17657 on: October 05, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »

The intolerant Left strikes again... oh, wait!

The books are currently under review, said Laura Davis, media relations for Katy ISD, meaning they have been pulled from the curriculum but have not been officially banned.

Crafts  graphic novels have been winners of the Newbery Medal, the Coretta Scott King Author Award and Kirkus Prize for Young Readers Literature. His work focuses largely on the culture and experiences of modern day African-American preteens.

The graphic novels are based on the actual experiences of Craft

Look!!! A squirrel!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17658 on: October 05, 2021, 08:47:20 PM »

In America a 42 yr old woman  can marry a 14 yr old boy, and go on a talk show with "my husband" and the boy call her " my wife".

WOW!

No. You can not.

She got knocked up by him and then did seven in prison before they married when he was over the age of consent.

LB knows - watches all the cool shows.

And he's related to every Black American, has experienced every hardship,, and he's Jewish, too!

He's a regular Sammy Davis, Jr.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 08:49:30 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17659 on: October 05, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »

I also think of the women who after their abortion - and due to the procedure - can no longer have children.  CRUCIAL decision - and affects quite a few - but can be absolutely brutal for the mom, whether physical or emotional or both.

But you guys go right on thinking it is just a Republican thing...you are forgiven.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17660 on: October 05, 2021, 08:50:22 PM »

That's bullshit, kid.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17661 on: October 05, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »

Before we had "Obama Care" we had "Catholic Care" and "Jewish Care" and we had the Shriners, etc.

My Grandmother worked long days for low wages for "Catholic Care."

Salute,

Tony V.

How about Handle With Care? Anybody in the family get that treatment?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17662 on: October 05, 2021, 08:56:53 PM »

On abortion, George Carlin got it right.

https://youtu.be/uHRaUUlD00w
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 09:10:17 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: October 05, 2021, 09:00:06 PM »

Well, no

Personal experience.

Then it's worthless in supporting your assertion that "many" are harmed.   Anecdote,  especially from someone who has already made clear they are not impartial,  is not evidence.   You don't even define what "cripples" means.   

Also,  how many women are harmed by seeking amateur or self-administered abortions when it's illegalized?   Hmm?   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17664 on: October 05, 2021, 09:10:52 PM »

Pody said Wednesday that he introduced his bill after a Tennessee resident expressed concerns that fathers do not have a say over abortion under the current law. He said his bill would assure fathers' right to make a decision about an unborn child.

"I believe a father should have a right to say what's gonna be happening to that child," Pody said. "And if somebody is going to kill that child, he should be able to say, 'No, I do not want that child to be killed. I want to able to raise that child and love that child.'"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/18/tennessee-abortion-bill-fathers-would-get-veto-no-rape-exception/6796871002/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17665 on: October 05, 2021, 09:13:09 PM »

Pody said Wednesday that he introduced his bill after a Tennessee resident expressed concerns that fathers do not have a say over abortion under the current law. He said his bill would assure fathers' right to make a decision about an unborn child.

"I believe a father should have a right to say what's gonna be happening to that child," Pody said. "And if somebody is going to kill that child, he should be able to say, 'No, I do not want that child to be killed. I want to able to raise that child and love that child.'"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/18/tennessee-abortion-bill-fathers-would-get-veto-no-rape-exception/6796871002/

So...then a parent should be allowed to keep a child from registering for the draft.

Right?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17666 on: October 05, 2021, 09:16:10 PM »

In America a 42 yr old woman  can marry a 14 yr old boy, and go on a talk show with "my husband" and the boy call her " my wife".

WOW!

No. You can not.

She got knocked up by him and then did seven in prison before they married when he was over the age of consent.

Yes they can, saw them on O one day, some years ago.

If she could have married a fourteen year old she would not have landed in the big house.

Use your google machine and look up Mary LeTourneau    (sp?)

Up until a couple years ago, a 12 year old could marry in NH. The GOP fought against changing that law, hard.

It required a judge's permission, but still.

They should have used NH law as a specific. But they did not.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17667 on: October 05, 2021, 09:17:21 PM »

"No matter the circumstance of the pregnancy, the decision to carry on with or terminate a pregnancy should be that of the woman. To think a rapist could demand that a woman he violated must carry his child to term Is unconscionable. To think that the same would be true of a victim of incest is beyond the pale. This smacks of an attempt to turn back the clock on hard-won women's rights under the guise of saving unborn lives."

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/2021/03/07/do-fathers-have-abortion-rights/4590426001/

Right.

But what about the soon to be father - in a normal relationship/marriage?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 09:19:26 PM by kidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17668 on: October 05, 2021, 09:21:31 PM »

"No matter the circumstance of the pregnancy, the decision to carry on with or terminate a pregnancy should be that of the woman. To think a rapist could demand that a woman he violated must carry his child to term Is unconscionable. To think that the same would be true of a victim of incest is beyond the pale. This smacks of an attempt to turn back the clock on hard-won women's rights under the guise of saving unborn lives."

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/2021/03/07/do-fathers-have-abortion-rights/4590426001/

Right.

But what about the soon to be father - in a normal relationship/marriage?

Is the father's health at issue here?

Should be worn a condom.

Or learned to dance.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17669 on: October 05, 2021, 09:32:31 PM »

WOW!

No. You can not.

LB knows - watches all the cool shows.

And he's related to every Black American, has experienced every hardship,, and he's Jewish, too!

He's a regular Sammy Davis, Jr.

I am more Jew than Sammy Davis, Jr. My dad gave him a M1917 Colt revolver for his gun collection.

Can not help it if I am from an accomplished family and you would have fallen to pieces in my space. I irk you because I give lie to your belief of superiority.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 2926