Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751391 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18255 on: October 14, 2021, 04:43:35 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-union-chief-tells-205300781.html

Chicago has a police problem.
Or at least a police union problem. I listened to a report on NPR that made the issue sound pretty familiar. I wonder how much of that is posturing around the City's refusal to negotiate the vaccine rules rather than issues with the vaccine itself.

A lot.   Really doubt fifty percent of cops are going to refuse vax.   

And making it a privacy issue, pfft.   Its not like people are having privacy-sensitive medical procedures reported.   Its just a fucking jab, like many public servants in many areas have been required to do for various diseases for decades.

They dont like when you say "jab".  Its a word for idiots.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: October 14, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »

OK,  I found multiple sources that report Couric did edit out remarks RBG made about her contempt for the anthem protest.   

According to her memoir, former ABC president David Westin advised Couric not to edit out Ginsburg's comments. Couric writes in the book that she "wanted to protect" Ginsburg and felt racial justice was her "blind spot."

Lawyer and legal commentator David Lat questioned Courics suggestion that Ginsburg was "elderly and probably didn't fully understand the question." Ginsburg was 83 at the time and perhaps the most prominent member of the courts liberal wing...

-- ABC News

Disappointing.   I think RBG understood the question.  And a competent journalist would not edit the answers out.  Its an interesting reveal that Notorious RBG wasnt situated politically where many assumed she was.   Should have been in the story.

So, she was the Adam Schefter of the Today Show.

Got it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: October 14, 2021, 05:05:34 PM »

THOSE THAT KNEEL FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM SHOW CONTEMPT FOR A GOVERNMENT THAT HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR THEIR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS TO LIVE A DECENT LIFE.

That's not a liberal or conservative POV. That's a POV expressed by someone failed to embrace victimhood and who knew she had to and then did work hard to overcome the obstacles put before her that were beeyond her direct control her gender, her ethnicity, etc.

Not sure why Couric did what she did, and her rationale that she was protecting an old lady would have pissed off RBG, likely.

Maybe because Couric went to UVA?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18258 on: October 14, 2021, 05:16:50 PM »

RBG was a liberal I one and she was also an 83 year old bubbe.

I dont see the big deal over her perspective
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 05:33:11 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: October 14, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »

Bambu, my wealthiest friend would make every business succeed, she was awesome. She was from the Philippines. Maybe the Filipinos will move into the area and open the shops back up and the restaurants back up. The Mexicans are welcome too. My friend could easily open a successful Hawaiian Barbecue restaurant. She had a club named "Manila Gardens" in Los Angeles which was a very successful club. Everything she touched turned to gold. She was born wealthy, and she spent her whole life giving her money away. May she rest in peace, she was one of my heroes.

Salute,

Tony V.

I bet your friends from the Philippines and from Mexico spend their days actually working, instead of positing arcane theories on a message board all day while sitting in the public library, waiting to head down to the soup kitchen.

I like Tony's stories, ideas and dreams.
Public libraries are great, as are soup kitchens...not everyone is rich, employed in a high salary job, or employed at all.
Should be more free stuff for the People.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: October 14, 2021, 05:32:19 PM »

https://www.tiktok.com/@america_is_the_bad_place/video/7017863051261005062

On how many lives Donald Trump saved wrt COVID-19.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: October 14, 2021, 05:34:05 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-union-chief-tells-205300781.html

Chicago has a police problem.
Or at least a police union problem. I listened to a report on NPR that made the issue sound pretty familiar. I wonder how much of that is posturing around the City's refusal to negotiate the vaccine rules rather than issues with the vaccine itself.

A lot.   Really doubt fifty percent of cops are going to refuse vax.   

And making it a privacy issue, pfft.   Its not like people are having privacy-sensitive medical procedures reported.   Its just a fucking jab, like many public servants in many areas have been required to do for various diseases for decades.
It sounded like puffing around a demand to negotiate, and setting up the class action litigation on the issue.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: October 14, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »

So Ron Klain claims the supply chain mess is a
high class problem?
Was he in drag as Hillary or Marie Antoinette when tweeted and retweeted that?
Should the deplorables feel so much better?
Does anyone in this so- called Administration have a freaking clue?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: October 14, 2021, 05:35:42 PM »

Inflation adjustment.

Social Security has announced 2022 benefits will rise almost 6% under its cost of living adjustment.
The biggest COLA since 1982.
Fucking Reagan.
Actually Carter.
The good news 40 years ago was Reagan slew the inflation dragon so the COLA adjustment had a long term effect.
The chances of a Biden Administration doing that are nil.
If 1982 is Carter, 2021 is Trump.

And inflation will slow when the supply chain broken by Trump's egregious mishandling of the COVID crisis is fixed.
The supply chain problem is a lack of workers.  All on Biden.

Supply chain got screwed because of Covid response. Everybody needed to work from home and many upgrade computers causing huge demand for chips which were diverted from cars. Demand for oil cratered as folks stopped commuting and traveling. Superstorms caused huge amounts of inventory losses as thousands of containers were lost in transit

Dont forget the blockage in the Suez Canal.
The economy opened up and oil production and refining had to ramp up from nearly nothing and got snarled because of big ass storms.

People are acting like assholes so workers are quitting those frontline jobs left and right. Even TSA workers are fed up and quitting in droves.

Again, superstorms disrupted the oil refineries. Then the major pipeline transit system got hacked.

Thumbs up for bringing some facts together fast.   And the glitches proliferate - like covid slowing the mining of rare earth elements in Asia (China,  esp) which also created a bottleneck in all the digital devices which use them.   

Lots of dominos still falling.

Red has gone full troll.   All asshat and no cattle.

So Joe goes full public/private with a deal to keep the ports cranking 24/7. That is how it is done.

Meanwhile the GOP is just spewing schtick to Red and his fellow shills who spread it like manure.

You can offload the ships all you want, but there's a shortage of truck drivers to deliver those goods.

Expect more delays that no one can change, unless the incentives to drive a truck change; and that will only add to the cost of goods.

Biden is doing what he can, but it won't solve that particularly obstruction in the bowels of our logistics system.

We need a trucker intervention, stat!

Any suggestions?

Better wages and conditions for truck drivers.
Higher prices?    goods in America are very cheap...too cheap?
Solution...higher wages for the People.
People can't live on $10ph, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: October 14, 2021, 05:36:50 PM »

RBG was a liberal I one and she was also an 83 year old bubbe.

I dont see the big deal over her perspective
Yeah, I was disappointed but not surprised. Both by RBG and Couric.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: October 14, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »

So Red, what is a worse problem, temporary supply chain issues, or 10% unemployment? Klain thinks the second is worse.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18266 on: October 14, 2021, 05:48:51 PM »

So Red, what is a worse problem, temporary supply chain issues, or 10% unemployment? Klain thinks the second is worse.

They do not care what is worse. They want a complete enough breakdown so to justify a fascist coup to RESTORE law and order.

Why is Joe Manchin holding democracy hostage?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: October 14, 2021, 05:54:09 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: October 14, 2021, 05:55:15 PM »

A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: October 14, 2021, 06:01:52 PM »

LOL
It is not an either or.
The supply chain mess affects everybody. Class warfare didn
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2924