Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750565 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18435 on: October 17, 2021, 12:54:30 PM »

Why the Atlantic is wound too tightly.
Atlantic writer Emma Green interviewing Kyle Mann, editor of the satirical Babylon Bee this week

You guys wrote an article in January 2020 that was shared roughly 3 million times, claiming that Democrats called for the American flag to be flown at half-staff when the Iranian general Qasem Soleimani was killed in an American strike.
What makes this funny? Green asked at one point during the interview.

It is funny because General Soleimani died and then they called for flags to be flown at half-mast. Get it? Kyle Mann responded. 

But that is what  I am saying. Besides just saying the joke again, what makes it funny? Green said. 

Do you want me to explain the joke to you?
Because the joke is that General Soleimani died and Democrats were sad, Mann said.
If you do not know why that is funny, then you are not the audience for the joke. The funniest part is that it got fact-checked because it was so believable that Democrats would do that.

That is a real honor.

LOL

Holly Martins

« Reply #18436 on: October 17, 2021, 01:28:39 PM »

Possibly the readers of that publication are gullible idiots.who are so brainwashed as to believe Democrats would make such an absurd call. 

However Green seems to you, personality wise,  it has nothing to do with the article I just posted or the overall quality of The Atlantic.   My article was a factually based assessment of the Clean Electricity Program.   Do you have a reasoned opinion on those facts or not? NM,  I know the answer to that one.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18437 on: October 17, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »

It is why people do not take Red seriously, but take him literally as a piece of shit.

Abuse perpetuators find those jokelike things hilarious. When they start giggling at Babel Bee click bait, you know it is time to cut them off.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18438 on: October 17, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »

Why the Atlantic is wound too tightly.
Atlantic writer Emma Green interviewing Kyle Mann, editor of the satirical Babylon Bee this week

You guys wrote an article in January 2020 that was shared roughly 3 million times, claiming that Democrats called for the American flag to be flown at half-staff when the Iranian general Qasem Soleimani was killed in an American strike.
What makes this funny? Green asked at one point during the interview.

It is funny because General Soleimani died and then they called for flags to be flown at half-mast. Get it? Kyle Mann responded.

But that is what  I am saying. Besides just saying the joke again, what makes it funny? Green said.

Do you want me to explain the joke to you?
Because the joke is that General Soleimani died and Democrats were sad, Mann said.
If you do not know why that is funny, then you are not the audience for the joke. The funniest part is that it got fact-checked because it was so believable that Democrats would do that.

That is a real honor.

LOL

If you have to explain a joke, it is not funny.

Get it?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18439 on: October 17, 2021, 02:25:01 PM »

Possibly the readers of that publication are gullible idiots.who are so brainwashed as to believe Democrats would make such an absurd call. 
That would be The Atlantic.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: October 17, 2021, 02:26:20 PM »

Between the Clean Electricity Program and a carbon tax, the Clean Electricity Program is Bidens best option. It would directly incentivize utilities to clean up their grid by offering federal grants for those that boost zero-carbon electricity production by 4 percent each year. Utilities that do not meet that standard can buy credits or pay a small penalty. The policy is designed to keep electricity rates low for consumers, has support from large utilities, and resembles clean-electricity programs that have been successfully implemented in 29 states. With this program in place, the U.S. electricity grid would generate 73 percent of its energy from zero-carbon sources within a decade, preventing at least 400 million tons of carbon pollution, according to the Rhodium Group, an energy-analysis firm. (Climate tax credits would bump zero-carbon energys share of the energy mix the rest of the way to Bidens 80-percent goal.) Resources for the Future, a nonpartisan think tank, has found similar results.   

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/10/biden-cannot-declare-victory-climate-without-these-policies/620413/

Sounds like a good idea, and the best choice...because carbon taxes can cause revolt amongst the People.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: October 17, 2021, 03:26:45 PM »

17 American Missionaries who went to Haiti to build an orphanage...have been kidnapped.
As they were being *dragged* away one got off a message..."please pray for us".
Indeed we will.

About time something permanent was done about the "400 Mawozo" gang.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: October 17, 2021, 03:28:06 PM »

Pay the freight - get them home
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18443 on: October 17, 2021, 03:30:31 PM »

Pay the freight - get them home

Ya try to do good in the world...and look what happens to you.
A good lesson .

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: October 17, 2021, 03:34:29 PM »

Hey, "the Monk", former Oz PM Tony Abbott is now in America, NY it is thought.
Conservatives should *grab* him and consult him about reformation.
He knows all.
He was the one who took the country back from Leftist control, turned back the boats, crushed the people-smuggling trade, and made the country greater.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: October 17, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »

I tried to buy the book Screenwriting 434 by Lew Hunter that was recommended here, but Barnes and Noble did not have it, so I ordered it. Meanwhile I bought Screenplay, The Foundations of Screenwriting by Syd Field.

And I bought a new Apple MacBook Pro laptop to write and make movies with, it is the industry standard.

I can also publish my poetry book with Barnes and Nonle with my new Apple computer.

So now I have the tools to write movies and publish books. I spent my Stimulus money wisely.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18447 on: October 17, 2021, 07:20:56 PM »

I tried to buy the book Screenwriting 434 by Lew Hunter that was recommended here, but Barnes and Noble did not have it, so I ordered it. Meanwhile I bought Screenplay, The Foundations of Screenwriting by Syd Field.

And I bought a new Apple MacBook Pro laptop to write and make movies with, it is the industry standard.

I can also publish my poetry book with Barnes and Nonle with my new Apple computer.

So now I have the tools to write movies and publish books. I spent my Stimulus money wisely.

Salute,

Tony V.

https://archive.org/details/lewhuntersscreen00hunt

https://archive.org/details/screenplaythefoundationsofscreenwritingrevisedupdatedsydfield2005/page/n3/mode/2up - this one is downloadable.

You might also check out https://archive.org/details/savecatlastbooko0000snyd - Save the Cat.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: October 17, 2021, 07:40:38 PM »

Good trouble

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-parents-teachers-statewide-walkout-protest-school-vaccine-mandate
Idiocy.

For California:

Effective July 1, 2019:

Immunizations required to enter 7th grade:Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis booster (Tdap)Varicella (Chickenpox)
Immunizations required to enter Kindergarten:PolioDiphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)Hepatitis BVaricella (Chickenpox)
Immunizations required to enter Child Care (depends on age when enrolling):PolioDiphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)Haemophilus influenzae type bMeasles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)Hepatitis BVaricella (Chickenpox)
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18449 on: October 17, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »

Good trouble

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-parents-teachers-statewide-walkout-protest-school-vaccine-mandate
Idiocy.

For California:

Effective July 1, 2019:

Immunizations required to enter 7th grade:Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis booster (Tdap)Varicella (Chickenpox)
Immunizations required to enter Kindergarten:PolioDiphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)Hepatitis BVaricella (Chickenpox)
Immunizations required to enter Child Care (depends on age when enrolling):PolioDiphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP)Haemophilus influenzae type bMeasles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)Hepatitis BVaricella (Chickenpox)

Suicidal Homicidal Cult of Willful Ignorance

If we are lucky this shit will crest before it gets too bloody.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:05:21 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 2924