Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750859 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18870 on: October 23, 2021, 10:41:23 AM »

Fac, I liked the Empty Wheel take-down of David Brooks on his notorious Atlantic article, though I would agree with Brooks to the extent that I do meet well educated liberals who are pretty smug about their moral superiority to conservatives.  The thing is,  I wonder if Brooks ever observed a Trump rally or a CPAC convention - he might have noticed that smugness can also be displayed by conservatives, along with great righteousness from the RWE coalition.   Maybe he did - I read the Bobos Broke America piece some time ago and would have to reread it.   Anyway, pretty much every politicized person in this country likes to seize the moral high ground and then profess outrage when they are criticized.  I do not trust Mark Zuckerberg any more than I trust the head of Sinclair media or  Murray Energy.     

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18871 on: October 23, 2021, 10:48:12 AM »

Anyway, pretty much every politicized person in this country likes to seize the moral high ground and then profess outrage when they are criticized.

Same as it ever was.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18872 on: October 23, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »

The National School Boards Association issued an apology Friday night for a letter sent to the Biden administration which targeted some parents who are concerned about school curriculum and said certain of their actions could be domestic terrorism.

On behalf of NSBA, we regret and apologize for the letter,the NSBA said, noting that there was no justification for some of the language included in the letter.

https://news.yahoo.com/national-school-boards-association-apologizes-012651281.html

This issue has been beneficial to the GOP which is using it against democrats and has been especially powerful in the Virginia race for Governor.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18873 on: October 23, 2021, 01:07:12 PM »

The Republican Party has no policy or governing principle beyond how much more rape they would like to commit. It is no surprise that they try to gin up controversy where there is none, especially in defense of the more enthusiastic of their growing wing of bad actors.

It is a good thing the money and conversation flowing through the republican coup war room is being pinned down and taken apart. Right wing domestic terrorists need to be taken off the streets and in some cases out of their mansions.

Reds tactic of finding someone to lie for him and then amplify those lies will not save them from their reckoning this time. They are piss stained, like some Moscow sheets. Both the stain and the stench on the American Christian white nationalist movement, effectively free of actual Christians, are indelible.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18874 on: October 23, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »

http://youtu.be/wZbn5viY78I

Go Penske! May your lawyers be brutal and comprehensive in their quest for damages.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18875 on: October 23, 2021, 01:28:49 PM »

Rolled Oats are great food for starving people. Adding honey to the Rolled Oats would be good. You can cook the Rolled Oats in the microwave. It totally beats starvation.

Because all starving people have microwaves.

And honey.

UNICEF could feed the people in their camps Rolled Oats for breakfast, and they can put molasses in it to sweeten it. They can also add essential vitamins and minerals to it. When I was a kid we had molasses for the livestock, and we used to put it on our Rolled Oats.

Right now I have been eating Mc Trader Rolled Oats from Mexico, and it is way better than starving. My neighbor gave me a box of food and it was in the box, the box was full of Mc Trader products. Rolled Oats from Mexico can help to feed the hungry people.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18876 on: October 23, 2021, 02:21:55 PM »

Trump says he is a Christian.

If you want to argue that he is not a good Christian, I suppose you can do that. It would be tough to argue with that.

If you want to say, "He's not a real Christian," citing the standards that in your mind constitute somebody's being a "real Christiantm," then you can certainly do that.

But as far as I have been able to determine, individuals in this country continue to be allowed to define their beliefs as they see fit, no matter how many of us wish to insist that those persons don't cut the mustard to be one of the specific group to which they are claiming affinity. See also: Richard Nixon was a Quaker.

That said, I think he is a very poor representative of the broad group of Christians and makes them look worse.
Well that is your opinion on good or bad Christian.
The operative word is Christian.

Being Christian is not a word.   It is a way of life in which actions implement compassion, tolerance, temperance, peace and love towards others.  All Trump has is the word, and the false swagger of a greedy and venal man.  He does not follow Christ.

You do not understand religion

It is for ALL.

This is a disgusting attack.  He is not saying its not for all.  Quite the opposite.  It is Trump whose actions show HE does not believe Christian tolerance and compassion are for all.   You should be ashamed,.

Yeah

I must be one of those "bad" Christians

Or do I not qualify for you at all?

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18877 on: October 23, 2021, 02:30:03 PM »

Cross bearing unChristian is a fair label.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18879 on: October 23, 2021, 03:00:02 PM »

Rolled Oats are great food for starving people. Adding honey to the Rolled Oats would be good. You can cook the Rolled Oats in the microwave. It totally beats starvation.

And honey.

UNICEF could feed the people in their camps Rolled Oats for breakfast, and they can put molasses in it to sweeten it. They can also add essential vitamins and minerals to it. When I was a kid we had molasses for the livestock, and we used to put it on our Rolled Oats.

Right now I have been eating Mc Trader Rolled Oats from Mexico, and it is way better than starving. My neighbor gave me a box of food and it was in the box, the box was full of Mc Trader products. Rolled Oats from Mexico can help to feed the hungry people.

Salute,

Tony V.

So, you're stealing from the hungry people of Mexico?

Not very Christian of you.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18880 on: October 23, 2021, 03:12:20 PM »

Plenty of water in America...it just needs moving from where it is to where it is not.
no 1 radio host would call it
"Watering America".
Missouri River flows into the Mississippi, which flows into the Gulf of Mexico.
Look at all that water being wasted.

Lord...

True though.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18881 on: October 23, 2021, 03:16:40 PM »

And honey.

Salute,

Tony V.

mrs bambu has 'Uncle Tobys Oats Quick Sachets Creamy Honey' for breakfast. bambu thinks oats are *horse food* and eats eggs, raisin toast, toast instead.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18882 on: October 23, 2021, 03:23:29 PM »

And honey.

Salute,

Tony V.

So, you're stealing from the hungry people of Mexico?

Not very Christian of you.

I love the Mexicans. The OC is 54% Latino now. My neighbors are all immigrants who speak Spanish, and MC Trader gave free food to the Latinos and they are passing boxes of food to our neighborhood. It is the way we are. I passed out a truck load of free ice cream on a hot summer evening when I first moved into my apartment here, a truck driver asked me if I wanted to pass out free ice cream to my neighbors, it is just the way it is here.

And we can have pool parties with live bands and with free food.

Here is a video from a pool party that we had with a live band and free mahi mahi tacos for everyone, my friend played guitar for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and for other bands...

https://youtu.be/x4K7dnixw5I

This area is a majority Latino, we have a lot of Spanish speaking immigrants here. And people pass out free boxes of food around the neighborhood, etc. Also, restaurants such as the Olive Garden give free food to the poor people.

There is also Chef Bruno who gives free pasta to the hungry children in the OC.

We all help each other.

And I can see the American Dream with these immigrants. I watch the American Dream happening.

Also, with the shortage of truck drivers, we can hire the Latino truck drivers from Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18883 on: October 23, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »

In my paper today:

"Walt Secord links vandal attacks to his stance on Nazi sympathisers

A NSW MP has requested security for his home after he was the subject of vandalism attacks following speaking out against Nazi sympathisers and anti-lockdown protesters."

#####

Today, in the world we inhabit, one is well advised to keep one's head down, and one's mouth shut..and let the cops, govt, and security agencies handle 'it'.
Smart people just 'float' thru life today, oblivious to everything that doesn't directly affect them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:28:52 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18884 on: October 23, 2021, 03:36:54 PM »

Gonna be fun and games in Glasgow;

'Energy Minister Angus Taylor will reject calls by Britain and the US to phase out all coal-fired power generation by 2030.'

#####

Has to reject...2030 is 'next week'. Impossible calls by Britain and the US. Totally unrealistic.
Britain fits into Australia 32 times.
My world has many hundreds of very small towns scattered all over the nation. They all deserve to have available, reliable 24/7/365, affordable electricity.
Solar and wind, atm and for a very long time to come, if ever...will not be able to replace coal.
Nuclear might be able to, but that conversation hasn't even begun, in reality.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:40:28 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 2924