Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752316 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19785 on: November 04, 2021, 07:23:15 PM »

Do not bother comparing republicans to trump. Call them out for being racist short sighted sadistic self harming lying lazy criminals based each on their individual merits. In every case the shoe fits, give or take three or four nationally.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19786 on: November 04, 2021, 07:26:35 PM »

Unfortunately Biden seemed to prove he couldn't manage his own party. What confidence would voters have he could manage anything as complex as a $3.5 T transformative plan which would impact so many Americans? Even if the initiative were brilliant?.

Joe bit off more than he could gum.

Had the bill passed, it would not have been Joe managing it, it would have been the responsible agencies which have handled far more money.

"Can't handle his own party" = Schumer not being able to handle two senators out of 50. No, Joe couldn't, either. I suspect he either had more confidence than he should have in himself or in Schumer, though possibly Manchin just flat out lied when he said what would bring him into the fold. (I would not be surprised by that last at all.)

If Biden was lied to, he has few avenues of response in the current Congress. Should he have never believed Manchin to start with?!

Had the bill passed?

"Balls", said the Queen, If I had two, I'd be king".

What might have been.

The point was Joe thought he was lead dog in this shit-show.

Except he's been sniffing Manchin's ass for the past 6 months.

Biden told us he could negotiate with the other side and get stuff done.

But he couldn't negotiate successfully with his own party.

That was the message he sent to voters.

And American's saw its alpha-dog rolling over.

It wasn't a good look.

Can you tell us why Manchin is cockblocking the Biden agenda?

You act as if the party is dysfunctional because of Manchin and Sinema who would be irrelevant if there were a couple Republicans with a set of balls gave a shit about the nation.

Joe Manchin rewrote the Voting Rights Act because he swore he could get 10 votes from the GOP.

Well?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19787 on: November 04, 2021, 07:34:38 PM »

James Lindsay, not Dr Rollergator
@ConceptualJames
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: November 04, 2021, 07:50:06 PM »

Unfortunately Biden seemed to prove he couldn't manage his own party. What confidence would voters have he could manage anything as complex as a $3.5 T transformative plan which would impact so many Americans? Even if the initiative were brilliant?.

Joe bit off more than he could gum.

Had the bill passed, it would not have been Joe managing it, it would have been the responsible agencies which have handled far more money.

"Can't handle his own party" = Schumer not being able to handle two senators out of 50. No, Joe couldn't, either. I suspect he either had more confidence than he should have in himself or in Schumer, though possibly Manchin just flat out lied when he said what would bring him into the fold. (I would not be surprised by that last at all.)

If Biden was lied to, he has few avenues of response in the current Congress. Should he have never believed Manchin to start with?!

Had the bill passed?

"Balls", said the Queen, If I had two, I'd be king".

What might have been.

The point was Joe thought he was lead dog in this shit-show.

Except he's been sniffing Manchin's ass for the past 6 months.

Biden told us he could negotiate with the other side and get stuff done.

But he couldn't negotiate successfully with his own party.

That was the message he sent to voters.

And American's saw its alpha-dog rolling over.

It wasn't a good look.

Can you tell us why Manchin is cockblocking the Biden agenda?

You act as if the party is dysfunctional because of Manchin and Sinema who would be irrelevant if there were a couple Republicans with a set of balls gave a shit about the nation.

Joe Manchin rewrote the Voting Rights Act because he swore he could get 10 votes from the GOP.

Well?

I imagine he is an obstacle to a bill that he feels his constituents do not want.

And he is accountable to them.

Or perhaps he feels it contains certain elements his sponsors do not want.

And he wants their financial support.

Or he feels it is a financially and politically bad bill.

Manchin is leveraging the power he has to get the bill he wants or can support.

I'm not a fan of Manchin I think he's an annoyance to be dealt with.

And he's a threat to pull a Shelby and jump House boats.

I put more of the onus on the 96 House Progressives who stalled the infrastructure bill because they want what they want.

And they want a lot.

So do I.

Just not al at once, but maybe over 2-6 years as coaltions are built and elections won.

But those dumb fucks could have put self-interest aside and given Biden the infrastructure bill that he did successfully negotiate with Repubs.

But they chose not to for their political reasons.

Those 96 Progs probably come from progressive area and maybe a lot safer than the more moderate Dems who have less leeway for controversial bills.

I can't image a less useful job than being a progressive Dem in a a Repub House run by House Fuehrer McCarthy.

The Dem party is dysfunctional because the various factions are acting in very narrowly defined arcs of perceived self interest and not looking for areas where they can agree.

I still hold out hope these morons see the big picture and deliver something tangible to the American middle class out in the near-term and turn momentum around and run on the Biden plan in '22.

Or you can yell GO BIG, bang your head against the wall, and watch Dem's lose in '22 and '24 as voters are sick and tired of a party that can't manage a fart at a bean dinner and turn to the New American Fascist Party for their solutions.

that should scare the piss out of you. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 07:54:39 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19789 on: November 04, 2021, 07:55:47 PM »

You must enjoy pissing into the wind despite increased laundry costs.
6 out of every 10 people in the polls thinks the economy has gotten worse under the Brandon Administration and a dysfunctional Congress controlled by the democrats.

When you cant argue on facts,  argue on polls!
Polls are facts.
So are elections.

Polls are set of data collected to elicit and illustrate opinions.

Opinions are not facts, but is a fact there are opinions.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19790 on: November 04, 2021, 08:07:22 PM »

House Progressives stalled the Infrastructure Nill because once they pass it the BBB dies at the hands of Manchin who is the love child of Senators Kent Conrad and Joe Lieberman who chopped the ACA in half and then scrapped the public option that has been promised.

The ACA was historic for what it did but by Max Baucus slowing it through the summer and fall of 2009 the time gave the AstroTurf TEA party time to metastasize and spread the cancer that led to Trump.

Coalitions exist, elections were won and if promises were kept the Dems would be a juggernaut heading into 2022.

Ever hear the phrase dance with the one that brung you?

Who won the primary for Joe?

Who turned out in the greatest number ever having to crawl through broken glass to cast votes in the midst of a deadly pandemic?

What coalition powered the election of two Senators from GA... a Jew and a Black in GEORGIA!

Oh, yeah. The next day the US Capitol was attacked in an attempt to overthrow the government by the fucking GOP party because they swear BLACK VOTERS cheated.

Biden came back to DC with a slim majority and STILL did big shit (money in pockets and needles in arms) until the fucking MODERATES took a shit in the swimming pool it should have been game on.

But Manchim and Sinema are not only blocking everything except big programs that initially benefit rich white men ( the BiPartisan Infrastructure bill)  they are blocking bills that protect American Democracy.

How does that benefit their constituents? Or how does the fact they are owned by the GOP donor class become a knock against Biden?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:24:31 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19791 on: November 04, 2021, 08:14:02 PM »

We've been asked what it is that we are afraid will not be taught as a result of banning CRT, given that CRT is not used in the schools. I provided a truncated answer, previously, but this is a fuller response.

Got a link to this?   Would love to pass this along to a friend.

Found one:
https://cloakinginequity.com/2021/07/17/the-confederacy-you-have-a-choice/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: November 04, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »

For some reason Larry is operating under the delusion that Biden has an overwhelming mandate.

He doesn't. 

Larry was told before the election, Biden would be operating in a 50/50 world.

I am not prescient, but I saw the political world as it is not as it appears in a dream

Its 50/50 in the Senate

and he's got 3 vote margin in the House.

and that is hand Biden gets to play.

BUT YELL GO BIG

and watch as the $7T bill gets cut to $1.5T

thats the reality.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: November 04, 2021, 08:16:18 PM »

Sometimes, a couple of our members are confused about why I oppose the usage of certain sources for stories about events - ostensibly news sites.

This would be an example with regard to Newsmax:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/media/twitter-suspends-newsmax-emerald-robinson/index.html

Newsmax is a strong proponent that Covid-19 vaccines are overarchingly safe and effective, while at the same time raising concerns that mandates infringe on personal liberty and privacy.

Have they fired the reporter?

No.

Let me know if they publicly go so far as to even admonish him.

See me not hold my breath.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: November 04, 2021, 08:34:26 PM »

You must enjoy pissing into the wind despite increased laundry costs.
6 out of every 10 people in the polls thinks the economy has gotten worse under the Brandon Administration and a dysfunctional Congress controlled by the democrats.

When you cant argue on facts,  argue on polls!
Polls are facts.
So are elections.

Polls are set of data collected to elicit and illustrate opinions.

Opinions are not facts, but is a fact there are opinions.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19795 on: November 04, 2021, 08:34:46 PM »

For some reason Larry is operating under the delusion that Biden has an overwhelming mandate.

He doesn't. 

I am not prescient, but I saw the political world as it is not as it appears in a dream

Its 50/50 in the Senate

BUT YELL GO BIG

thats the reality.

You keep missing the point!

Fuck the top line numbers. Focus on what is in the legislation and what it will do.

You are doing the same thing the Beltway pundits do not recognizing the  REAL world.

After getting concession after concession Manchin still cant get to yes.

Why is that?

As evidenced by 2009-2010 when the only folks involved in the negotiation are family you should not fuck them over, remember how Lieberman and Conrad et al had a 60 seat supermajority in the Senate yet kept chopping away at the ACA to appease Chuck Grassley who after getting everything he demanded did not vote for the bill.

When you have the opportunity to GO BIG you do it because there is no guarantee you can maintain even a slim majority when the other side gives not one fuck about the nation.

And Mancinema wont let the Voting Protections through the filibuster.

Stupid.

While we are arguing over this shit the atmosphere in 2021 smells as bad as 1932 Germany.

Achtung, bitches.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:45:08 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: November 04, 2021, 08:36:01 PM »

We've been asked what it is that we are afraid will not be taught as a result of banning CRT, given that CRT is not used in the schools. I provided a truncated answer, previously, but this is a fuller response.

Got a link to this?   Would love to pass this along to a friend.

Found one:
https://cloakinginequity.com/2021/07/17/the-confederacy-you-have-a-choice/

Thanks. Just sent that along.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19797 on: November 04, 2021, 08:40:18 PM »

Everyone higher up in the circle needs to work together to bring the Manchin cash in to a rapid end and get both bills passed in the best form expedient. That means keep the one the Senate has passed back until the Senate passes the reconciliation bill.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19798 on: November 04, 2021, 08:45:17 PM »

He doesn't. 

Its 50/50 in the Senate

BUT YELL GO BIG

thats the reality.

You keep missing the point!

Fuck the top line numbers. Focus on what is in the legislation and what it will do.

You are doing the same thing the Beltway pundits do not recognizing the  REAL world.

After getting concession after concession Manchin still can

Larry the point has already been made (just scroll up) that Americans don't know whats in the bill because the Dems have done such as miserable job of marketing and communicating the message.

What Americans have seen is the cost and are wondering how will it get paid for and will my grand kids get the bill?

Because?

All together now,

DEMS DID A BRUTAL JOB OF MARKETING AND SELLING/TELLING THEIR POSITION TO VOTERS.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: November 04, 2021, 08:52:18 PM »

Fools and bairns should never see half‐done work

They may mistakenly judge the quality of the finished article from its awkwardness while it is being produced.
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 2924