Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750111 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20325 on: November 10, 2021, 04:12:08 PM »

I believe anyone who denies that January 6 was spontaneous and not an insurrection is complicit and a traitor to the principles represented by that flag.

You have reread and stand by this, Hammy? Are you sure?

Yes, Hammy. Are you sure?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20326 on: November 10, 2021, 04:23:15 PM »

The lawsuits are piling up against that rapper.
He didn't understand.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20327 on: November 10, 2021, 04:27:35 PM »

I believe anyone who denies that January 6 was spontaneous and not an insurrection is complicit and a traitor to the principles represented by that flag.

Yes, Hammy. Are you sure?

Poorly written. As I wrote it I constructed it two ways. One was to say it this way: I believe anyone who denies that January 6 was not spontaneous and not an insurrection is complicit and a traitor to the principles represented by that flag.

The other was to say it this way: I believe that anyone who thinks the January 6 was spontaneous and that it was not an insurrection complicit and a traitor to the principles represented by that flag.

And so, I mixed the phrases and wrote that nonsense.

So, to answer your question, that is what happened. Thanks for the input. Between that and the "toad construction" and "mental Beth", though, I think that was the worst mistake of my not proofreading before hitting post.

I will go back and amend.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:36:18 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20328 on: November 10, 2021, 04:31:00 PM »

LMAO

Josh you may be the least humorous guy in Elba which is why its so much fun to make fun of you.

I'm going to miss it.

Inflation #s are coming in on the high side and may dominate the political discourse and finger pointing for the immediate future. Its not good for Biden.

heh

I'm not sure whats the funny part. Joe is going to catch a lot of shit on this, and as posted, its really not on him, but its on his watch.

Its a real political problem.

Dems are doomed.!

Doomed I tell you!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20329 on: November 10, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »

Welp, I'm a "Faith and Flag Conservative".  Looks like I misled people over the years.   My bad.

Haha!   You seem fairly moderate/liberal, so I would think it reasonable to question their algorithm.

Something's wrong with it.

Mine came out as:

Stressed Sideliners hold a mix of conservative and liberal views and are the least politically engaged typology group. Generally disconnected from politics and the two major parties, they vote at lower rates than most other typology groups. About four-in-ten live in lower-income households, and they are the group most likely to describe their personal financial situation as only fair or poor.
Stressed Sideliners are split evenly between the Republican Party and Democratic Party..

The rest of the description was equally false.

Nothing fit.

The Pews fucked up.

Far right church, wrong Pew?

Where would you sit yourself in the matrix?

I lean left socially, but fiscally conservative. I believe in a strong military, but using it with extreme caution, I prefer diplomacy to military intervention. I think you have a right to abortion, and the death penalty should always be an option. I don't believe sexual predation is curable. I believe in funding education and health care by reducing military spending. If you're gay, trans, cis-gender, etc, I don't give a shit, nor do I need to know that you are. If you work, I respect you, if you just want other people to fund your lifestyle, I'm out. I prefer deeds to words.  I believe everyone should serve the country in some official capacity, for two years at age 18, either through military service, toad construction, working in schools, national parks, or veterans hospitals, or some other public service requisite.

College is not the best thing for everyone, so investment in trade and tech schools, should be drastically increased.

I think handguns should be outlawed, and gun manufacturers should be able to be sued because their products are a health hazard much the way cigarettes were and still are, and should be regulated as such.

I believe that if you don't vote, you should shut it. I believe voting should be made easier, and I advocate an Election Weekend, the first full weekend in November.

I believe all police should have at least an associates degree. I believe no one should be allowed to be on a school board who is a realtor or who does not have a college degree.

Religion belongs outside public schools and should have no role in government of any kind.

I believe investing in mental health, so that it is affordable to all and such an investment would greatly enable our society to become a safer, friendlier, and sustainable one.

I believe in the rights of the individual, but only so far as their exercise does not impede the rights of others.

I believe everyone has a responsibility to the community at large.

I believe in free speech, and tolerating the ugliness that comes with it, and I abhor censorship of any kind.

I believe in complete transparency regarding exactly how campaigns and political speech are funded.

I believe Wall Street is not the economy. I believe banks have too much influence on the economy. I believe the Fed drives too much if the economy.

I believe in taxing foods that are linked to poor health. I believe in price controls for healthy foods. This might help eliminate food deserts.

I believe in investing in sustainable environmental business practices being rewarded with lower taxation, and those businesses which decline to treat the environment as it should be ought to be taxed at very high rates.

I believe nuclear energy is a solution and not the problem.

I believe EVs are overrated.

I believe no sport should have a salary cap.

I believe education should be driven by the learners' interests.

I do not believe in term limits, and I believe that having a term limit for a POTUS is counterproductive to our democracy.

I believe in the principles that the American flag represents, and I fly it every day. Those principles include tolerating the burning of that flag in protest, and not requiring anyone to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

I believe anyone who denies that January 6 was not spontaneous and not an insurrection is complicit and a traitor to the principles represented by that flag.

I believe race in America is never honestly discussed.

I believe everyone is done in by their own biases, and that it takes a conscious effort to confront ones own bias each and every day.

I believe that we are a modern Rome, and like Rome, we will fall.

I believe the Chinese are our greatest danger, and we will lose to them through our commitment to greed.

I believe I don't fit into anyone's matrix, and that attempts to categorize humans as Pew is trying to do is shortsighted, narrow-minded and limited in its scope.

It's that kind of simplification of a complex situation that feeds the seemingly natural laziness and impatience of the average American.

I believe in proofreading, and having not done so, I believe those who found my mistakes, which I have now, I hope, corrected satisfactionly are doing so because they wish to understand, and I believe I shall thank them for that.

I believe in handwriting thank you notes.

I believe others should try detailing their beliefs, here.

EDITED, and thanks to all for their comments and feedback.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20330 on: November 10, 2021, 04:36:57 PM »

Those people from Haiti who are flooding our Southern Border are a blessing for the USA, they are part of our strength.

I had a wonderful Professor who was from Haiti, she brought Rosa Parks to AVC to speak. She was one of my favorite History Professors, she was a fantastic Professor.

We need to put the people who are flooding our borders to work. We need to make them legal and put them to work.

And we need to invest in the Mexican ports.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20331 on: November 10, 2021, 04:40:25 PM »

It seems I've hurt Josh's and his strawman's feelings.

LMAO

No Josh I'm hardly perfect.

But I feel perfectly entitled to ask how my debates with Larry are racist.

And when the only answer from Larry is "because" really doesn't satisfy the issue.

Further if my alleged "racist" manner was evident the overly engaged Elba Council of Woke would be all over it.

But not a peep.

Because the evidence was not there.

I don't deal with a lot of white guilt.

As I don't feel guilty, as I did not commit the crime charged.

But I sense you do feel guilt.

Perhaps you should deal with it.

Have a pleasant day.

I told you what I took as racist days ago but you will not acknowledge my perspective gained from years of lived experience.

Larry if you did I didn't see it. I've posted more than usual  post-ban, so I may have skipped over it in haste. So tell me what post, or what words you found racist. That seems a fair request. I know what s in my head and heart and most of my posts, and can tell you that any disagreements we've had from my perspective were content based.

You called me a liar for a year after I admitted I had made an editing mistake on a pull quote.

I have repeated what I took offense to you and even said, it aint what you say it is the way that you say it.

Over the years I have told you on many occasions I hear your fucking dog whistle even when you dont know you are blowing one.

You always turn it on me and say I played the race card.

Using that phrase is in itself racist as you brush aside my concerns.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20332 on: November 10, 2021, 04:41:57 PM »

Flooding the borders could help end the drought and make for rich farm land which we could use to feed us and Mexico or to grow vineyards that would bring the hot French wives here. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20333 on: November 10, 2021, 04:42:20 PM »

LMAO

Josh you may be the least humorous guy in Elba which is why its so much fun to make fun of you.

I'm going to miss it.

Inflation #s are coming in on the high side and may dominate the political discourse and finger pointing for the immediate future. Its not good for Biden.

heh

I'm not sure whats the funny part. Joe is going to catch a lot of shit on this, and as posted, its really not on him, but its on his watch.

Its a real political problem.

It depends on how long it lasts. Mobilizing the national guard to help clear the port backlog and get that corner of the supply chain back on track might be his smartest available move. Americans always love more boots on the ground.

Biden sends troops to invade woke LA. National Guard saves Black Friday.

Plus OPEC does not have a strangle hold on energy as did in the good old days of WhipInflation Now

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20334 on: November 10, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »

A New Jersey gym owner who punched a police officer during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced Wednesday to more than three years in prison, a likely benchmark for dozens of other rioters who engaged in violence that day.

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-rioter-hit-officer-gets-180838294.html

3 years isn't enough.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20335 on: November 10, 2021, 05:12:43 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20336 on: November 10, 2021, 05:16:24 PM »

It seems I've hurt Josh's and his strawman's feelings.

LMAO

No Josh I'm hardly perfect.

But I feel perfectly entitled to ask how my debates with Larry are racist.

And when the only answer from Larry is "because" really doesn't satisfy the issue.

Further if my alleged "racist" manner was evident the overly engaged Elba Council of Woke would be all over it.

But not a peep.

Because the evidence was not there.

I don't deal with a lot of white guilt.

As I don't feel guilty, as I did not commit the crime charged.

But I sense you do feel guilt.

Perhaps you should deal with it.

Have a pleasant day.

I told you what I took as racist days ago but you will not acknowledge my perspective gained from years of lived experience.

Larry if you did I didn't see it. I've posted more than usual  post-ban, so I may have skipped over it in haste. So tell me what post, or what words you found racist. That seems a fair request. I know what s in my head and heart and most of my posts, and can tell you that any disagreements we've had from my perspective were content based.

You called me a liar for a year after I admitted I had made an editing mistake on a pull quote.

I have repeated what I took offense to you and even said, it aint what you say it is the way that you say it.

Over the years I have told you on many occasions I hear your fucking dog whistle even when you dont know you are blowing one.

You always turn it on me and say I played the race card.

Using that phrase is in itself racist as you brush aside my concerns.

I'm not going to play this game forever and repost posts about our disagreements.

But as best as I can tell, you've given me nothing specifically that you can quote that is racist beyond your feeling I meant something racist?

And I'm telling you my intent is to disagree on the merits of your argument and posts. PERIOD.

And over the years I've told you that.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I'm not sure what rules are acceptable in an argument that you won't hear racist intent.

And I'm serious.
 But dollars to donuts we will disagree in the future and it will be content-based.

So let's bury it.

Or try to.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:18:11 PM by bankshot1 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #20337 on: November 10, 2021, 05:17:25 PM »

"Critical race theory is NOT being taught in our schools!"

Is that so?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critical-race-theory-americas-50-most-elite-private-k-12-schools

I see quotes from the guy,  but no evidence CRT is taught.   Anti racism training is not the same thing as CRT,  but he seems to have decided that they are.   The fact that a course is taught does not add up to the quote about everything being seen through a racial lens.   Race is one of MANY lenses that historians use.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20338 on: November 10, 2021, 05:20:24 PM »

Structure sentence confusing was.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20339 on: November 10, 2021, 05:22:31 PM »

Ham, on the issue of hot French wives...

My first acting teacher, Gary Bolen, told me that I was handsome and that I should be a star and that I should marry a Princess.

So, I used to write emails to Princess Charlotte Casiraghi of Monaco, like a pen pal on the World Wide Web, I used to write to her from the library at UCI where Bill Clinton was, I used to hang out with the doctors and with the medical students at the library and I would write emails to the Princess.

I was young and handsome, I had a shot at marrying a Princess.

Here is my student film from USC film school...

https://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ

My plan was to make my movie, "Echo, A Rock and Roll Tragedy" and premier my film at Cannnes, and Princess Charlotte Casiraghi attends the Cannes Film Festival every year, so I hoped to meet her in Cannes when I premiered my movie.

But, I have yet to make my film, and the Princess married another guy. She is a Mom now with a family. I would never break up a family.

But there are other women in the world.

Everyone always told me to study hard, and train hard, and learn, and that fame was worth it, and that it was worth it if you succeed. They told me to become a star and marry a Princess.

I tried, I aimed very high.

And my Brother married Hollywood royalty, my Brother married Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Granddaughter, Kristen.

I always believed that it was possible to get rich and to marry a beautiful Princess.

Now, the years have passed, and we will have to just see what happens. I just hope to do the best I can, and find true love along the way. If she is a Princess, then so be it, if not, it is all about finding true love, like the boat in "High Society" (Grace Kelly attended the same acting school that I attended, the AADA, and she became a Princess when she married Rainier, and she was Princess Charlotte Cairaghi's Grandmother).

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:25:37 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 ... 2924