Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 ... 2791

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 654504 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21660 on: December 02, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »

This Waukesha guys comment suggests a break from reality consistent with mental illness.  His mother notes that he lacked insurance and could not keep taking his meds. 

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-milwaukee-bc1a8c1291ef9e7bcef168da0ec3abb0

Free healthcare for those in poverty benefits everyone.
Healthcare is available in jail where he should have been.
Because in America we lock you up before trial and conviction and the 8th Amendment is optional.

I should also note.Red.does not seem to grasp that mental health care in the community might keep people like that out of jail 8n the first place.

Red is just asking to be imprisoned so he can access mental health care he can afford, the poor sick bastard.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21662 on: December 02, 2021, 12:38:03 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21663 on: December 02, 2021, 12:38:47 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21664 on: December 02, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »

Officials said that a gun was recovered from the scene. Goodsons family said if he had been carrying a gun he had a license to do so.

Better account:

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/jason-meade-charged-with-murder-reckless-homicide-for-fatal-casey-goodson-jr-shooting/530-d0128c1c-4814-463d-adc8-0d26fd34bfab
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:07:24 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21665 on: December 02, 2021, 01:03:45 PM »

Very well said

After the grand jury indictment today, I have reminded my staff that while everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty, the standards for being a Franklin County Sheriffs Deputy must be even higher than that of our criminal justice system. As law enforcement officers we must meet this higher standard because of the immense trust we ask the community to place in us. It is vital to maintain that trust, which is why I have tasked members of my staff to review the facts from the independent investigation when we are able to fully access them and determine how this agency can best learn from this tragedy. This office has a professional obligation to do everything in its power to ensure the community and our deputies are kept safe. As I have said from the very beginning, I pray for everyone involved in this tragedy.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:05:30 PM by kidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21667 on: December 02, 2021, 01:32:47 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/politics/booster-partisan-split-analysis/index.html

In the new Kaiser poll, just 36% of Republicans overall said they would get the booster. This is significantly less than the 77% of Democrats.

For comparison, the same Kaiser poll found that 85% of all Democrats were fully vaccinated and 55% of all Republicans were.
This means that the partisan gap on boosters was 11 points higher than it was on becoming vaccinated and that spread was already pretty wide.

The partisan gap on boosters is also wider than the gap on vaccines when the vaccines were first becoming available to the public. In December 2020, there was a 30-point partisan difference compared to the 41-point booster gap in the latest Kaiser poll.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21668 on: December 02, 2021, 01:34:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/politics/booster-partisan-split-analysis/index.html

In the new Kaiser poll, just 36% of Republicans overall said they would get the booster. This is significantly less than the 77% of Democrats.

For comparison, the same Kaiser poll found that 85% of all Democrats were fully vaccinated and 55% of all Republicans were.
This means that the partisan gap on boosters was 11 points higher than it was on becoming vaccinated and that spread was already pretty wide.

The partisan gap on boosters is also wider than the gap on vaccines when the vaccines were first becoming available to the public. In December 2020, there was a 30-point partisan difference compared to the 41-point booster gap in the latest Kaiser poll.

Death Cult
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21669 on: December 02, 2021, 01:48:07 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21670 on: December 02, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21671 on: December 02, 2021, 02:44:08 PM »

Death Cult

I am in the 64%.

I see it as a flu shot now.

Change my mind.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21672 on: December 02, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »

Death Cult

I am in the 64%.

I see it as a flu shot now.

Change my mind.
I knew a professor back in the day who used to say, "When people draw a conclusion not because of the facts but in spite of them, what is the point of more facts?"
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21673 on: December 02, 2021, 03:18:13 PM »

Facts?

The shots I got have worked - according to all data.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21674 on: December 02, 2021, 03:26:17 PM »

Not quite following the argument - are KidnRed saying the system should have foreseen the guy would drive into a parade and so set bail higher?   

heh

Pleas address one of us at a time

Not quite following the argument - are Kid saying the system should have foreseen the guy would drive into a parade and so set bail higher?   
Pages: 1 ... 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 ... 2791