Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 2791

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 654676 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22140 on: December 13, 2021, 02:09:08 PM »

No, that would be, "If people stopped buying hamburgers, folks would stop growing".

If people stopped buying hamburger the environment would be much better off and folks will still grow because protein is protein.

Guess you would know.

He does AFAICT.  Beef and pork have nothing that cannot be found in other protein sources (except beef and pork flavor).  Eggs with yolks have B12.  So does tempeh.  Whole wheat has copper.  Hundreds of plant foods and non-meat animal foods have zinc.  When people don't eat red meat, rates of cancer drop sharply, especially colon cancer.  I grew five more inches after I stopped eating red meat, so it is hard to see that change being a growth inhibitor.  YMMV.

So, you both are humorless geeks.

Got it.

I live by 4 words, when it comes to diet and exercise.

Eat less, move more.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22141 on: December 13, 2021, 02:40:04 PM »

Those are four really good words on that subject.  I did not intend to convey lack of humor when I wrote (except beef and pork flavor) .  And YMMV was also an acknowledgement that knowledge is incomplete, and experiences differ. 

I know your first comment - folks would stop growing - was a quip.  I may have even snickered.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 02:41:37 PM by Barton3.0 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22142 on: December 13, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »

If people stopped buying the opiates, folks would stop growing it.

heh

yeah - same with hamburgers

No, that would be, "If people stopped buying hamburgers, folks would stop growing".

If people stopped buying hamburger the environment would be much better off and folks will still grow because protein is protein.

Guess you would know.

Yep.

Learned all about it from Hal Jordan.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22143 on: December 13, 2021, 02:52:20 PM »

Guess you would know.

He does AFAICT.  Beef and pork have nothing that cannot be found in other protein sources (except beef and pork flavor).  Eggs with yolks have B12.  So does tempeh.  Whole wheat has copper.  Hundreds of plant foods and non-meat animal foods have zinc.  When people don't eat red meat, rates of cancer drop sharply, especially colon cancer.  I grew five more inches after I stopped eating red meat, so it is hard to see that change being a growth inhibitor.  YMMV.

Got it.

Eat less, move more.

Now that shit is deep.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22144 on: December 13, 2021, 04:29:27 PM »

Guess you would know.

Got it.

Eat less, move more.

Now that shit is deep.

It's mathematically supported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

You should try it.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22145 on: December 13, 2021, 05:16:35 PM »

Happy Birthday to Dick Van Dyke!

He is a cool guy, I drove him and his wife to the airport in a limousine when I lived in Malibu and worked as a limo driver. Everyone in Malibu loves Dick Van Dyke. And an interesting note, the Franciscan Monks own a house in Malibu right by Dick Van Dyke, I had a roommate in Anaheim who was a Franciscan Monk who spent some time in Malibu in Dick Van Dyke's neighborhood.

And Dick Van Dyke volunteers to help the homeless people on Skid Row in Los Angeles, he is a kind compassionate man.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22146 on: December 13, 2021, 05:28:11 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22147 on: December 13, 2021, 05:40:55 PM »

Guess you would know.

Got it.

Eat less, move more.

Now that shit is deep.

It's mathematically supported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

You should try it.

Talk about humorless jerks...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22149 on: December 13, 2021, 06:09:12 PM »

He is a cool guy, I drove him and his wife to the airport in a limousine when I lived in Malibu and worked as a limo driver. Everyone in Malibu loves Dick Van Dyke. And an interesting note, the Franciscan Monks own a house in Malibu right by Dick Van Dyke, I had a roommate in Anaheim who was a Franciscan Monk who spent some time in Malibu in Dick Van Dyke's neighborhood.

And Dick Van Dyke volunteers to help the homeless people on Skid Row in Los Angeles, he is a kind compassionate man.

Salute,

Tony V.
They should move to Battle Mountain and hang out with Spaniards.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

The word of the lord.

Thanks be to God.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22150 on: December 13, 2021, 06:53:21 PM »

Those motherfucking MODERATES...

But contrary to his public statements, documents filed by the senator show the blind trust is much too small to account for all his reported earnings from the coal company, as of his latest financial disclosure report, which covers 2020 and was filed in May.
Manchins latest financial disclosure report says that the West Virginia family coal business that he helped found and run, Enersystems, paid him $492,000 in interest, dividends and other income in 2020, and that his share of the firm is worth between $1 million and $5 million. He signed a sworn statement saying he is aware of these earnings, underscoring that he is not blind to them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/12/13/manchin-blind-trust-enersystems-stock-climate-change/

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22151 on: December 13, 2021, 07:19:40 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.
They should move to Battle Mountain and hang out with Spaniards.

That could be a movie starring Dick Van Dyke...

Dick Van Dyke's brother dies and leaves him a pig farm in Battle Mountain, Nevada, Dick wants to just sell the place and be done with it, but while visiting the pig farm in Battle Mountain Dick falls in love with the Spaniard immigrants who are running the pig farm, and at the end of the movie he gives the pig farm to the immigrants who are running the pig farm. The name of the movie can be "Makin' Bacon."

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22154 on: December 13, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/13/2069105/--Fraud-Alert-Republicans-tout-major-investments-from-American-Rescue-Plan-no-Republican-voted-for

Nothing changes

in a statement hailing the House passage of the plan, did not take note of the partisan divide but signaled that he expected changes to be made in the Senate that might attract support.

I hope that we can continue to strengthen this plan before it gets to my desk, But what we cant  do is drag our feet or allow the same partisan differences to get in our way. We must move swiftly and boldly to put Americans back to work, and that is exactly what this plan begins to do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/29/us/politics/29obama.html

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 2791