Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 656673 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2235 on: February 20, 2021, 03:50:36 PM »

Freezer option idea could work, I guess.

-2 is the normal on a food freezer.  That would fluctuate under your proposal.  But better than food wasting.  Some food saved better than none.

Re:  freezer temps on the vaccines - interesting that they now want to get it approved that the Pfizer doesnt need to be kept at such a low temp.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 20, 2021, 03:50:51 PM »

Turns out that Senator Ted Cruz really *does* understand why desperate men leave home with their families, and cross the Mexican border to escape from inhospitable and intolerable living conditions.

Love it!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 20, 2021, 04:06:44 PM »

What did Biden send to Texas to help when wind turbines threw the power grid out of whack?

This post contains factual inaccuracies.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 20, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »

Bambi, solar is good enough for the roof of your van, but not your house? You’re a little weird about that it seems.

Solar is great for houses, and some people in my retirement complex have solar panels on their rooves.
Why don't I have solar panels on my roof?
1. I would have to install them at my expense, and replace them at my expense. I would have to insure them (our monthly fees include house insurance for the house the way it is without the panels.)
2. I don't own the villa, the complex does.
3. To have solar panels I have to get involved with tradespeople and solar companies. How do I guarantee that I won't get "dodgy bros" co and get ripped off?
Also, if the installation causes any damage to the roof etc, I would have to pay for it.
4. We use minimal electricity now, and the price charged has dropped basically by govt mandate...and I complained to the electricity company about the "usage" amount after I discovered "Estimated" in a small box on the bill.
My bills now have "actual" in that box, and someone is actually reading the meter now, supposedly. I can't get to the meter to read it myself as it's in a special building. I can read the gas hot water meter attached to the house though...same thing was happening with the gas bill..."estimated".
I ran the "elderly pensioner" line by them and told them both that guessing my bills was not acceptable.
They don't want
anyone contacting the Ombudsman.
Both my bills dropped about 20% each...lower rates and lower usage amount-no guessing.

$9,000 loan for the panels, supposedly a zero bill for electricity from then on, ...I'm Trump's age, no ambitions to be "president", just want to live a stress free simple life...buying a ticket to ride the solar express is not for me.
Think solar is a younger person's game.

Solar on van roof...would be a totally different scenario.
I would buy a new van.
If I lived in America I would have Alex & Sarah James build a van conversion for me... on YouTube they are...very experienced in van building...they are friends of Trent & Allie in Utah.
Trent grew up in Utah, Allie in Washington DC.

Alex James is your solar Man!
Their van designs are lovely...just like a small home.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 04:56:25 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 20, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »

People are scooping snow up in pots, melting it and hopefully boiling it before use, and cursing their state government for allowing their infrastructure to fall into such a deplorable condition.

Watch out where the huskies go...    

Maybe all this anger will transform into a political shakeup and revamp of ERCOT.   I think this is one fuckup people are going to remember for a while.   Speaking as a Dakotan,  I'll say that freezing your tits off focuses the mind wonderfully.

Yup. One winter in Mt. Tremper in a rickety A frame (with a kick as stove and hearth setup) and I made a b-line to San Diego where the sun is warming my face.

Municipal battery breakthroughs are the game changer especially now that it looks like the feds are providing funds to scale them.

Red will remind us that Solyndra has already killed the clean energy sector and any growth there since is, like the US Constitution, an overly elaborate hoax.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: February 20, 2021, 05:13:46 PM »

https://www.syracuse.com/business/2021/02/why-wind-turbines-in-new-york-state-keep-working-in-bitter-cold-weather-unlike-the-ones-in-texas.html

But we couldn’t help but wonder why wind turbines in cold-weather states like New York can operate in the winter with seemingly little trouble when their counterparts in Texas can’t.

The huge Maple Ridge Wind Farm, in fact, operates year-round in the Tug Hill north of Syracuse, an area famous for its bitter cold winters that often pile up 200 inches or more of snow.

So we went to the experts — EDP Renewables, which operates Maple Ridge and other wind farms.

EDPR is the largest owner and operator of wind power in New York and the fourth-largest in the United States. Locally, in addition to Maple Ridge, it operates the Madison Wind Farm in Madison County. EDPR’s New York wind farms produce enough clean electricity to power more than 298,000 New York homes.

Amy Kurt, senior manager of regional government affairs for EDP, said EDP and other wind power operators in this neck of the woods equip their turbines to handle the cold and, even more importantly, the ice that often comes with the cold.

“There are a variety of cold weather and anti-icing technologies that are used on wind turbines in the coldest regions,” she said. “These technologies help prevent the buildup of ice on turbine blades, detect ice when it cannot be prevented, and remove ice safely when it is detected.”
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:15:52 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 20, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

It's like imagining that when your car windshield ices up, you can't drive your car.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 20, 2021, 06:10:28 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 20, 2021, 06:16:35 PM »

Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
·
Feb 19
I'm calling on Joe Biden to order flags to be flown at half-staff in honor of Rush Limbaugh.

Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
·
Feb 19
Protecting and defending the Constitution doesn’t mean trying to rewrite the parts you don’t like.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 20, 2021, 07:20:12 PM »

Why the fuck would decent Americans honor the memory of a racist who promoted hate for profit and until his dieing day promoted insane treasonous conspiracy theories?

Fuck Limbaugh, the SOB should burn in Hell

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 20, 2021, 07:37:06 PM »

heh

Your anger, your hatred knows no bounds.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 20, 2021, 07:43:15 PM »

Pissing on the grave of Limbaugh is an even more patriotic act than pissing on the graves of Ronald Reagan or Robert E Lee.

In this time of restricted travel, some have chosen to demonstrate their patriotism and appreciation of the blight lifted through Limbaugh’s demise by doing this instead,

http://www.vice.com/en/article/v7m87m/leftist-scum-memer-raised-dollar400000-for-planned-parenthood-as-a-special-tribute-to-rush-limbaugh
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 20, 2021, 07:54:00 PM »

heh

Of course they do.

Limbaugh was a cancer on America, and promoted racism and hate and got rich from it. He did a lot of damage to this country. And I understand you're either too stupid or trolling to care, but why the fuck should any decent patriotic American tolerate or honor a piece of shit like that?

Kid-as you're neither, no need to answer.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 20, 2021, 09:29:22 PM »

heh

Sure it does.

Hear him call for pissing on the grave of George HW Bush?!

No.

JFK?

No.

Nelson Mandela?

No.

Rush Limbaugh?

Absolutely.

Bound, asshole.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 20, 2021, 09:47:35 PM »

Rush Limbaugh helped suck the brains out of conservative politics. It is why he died so fat and riddled with cancer.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 2795