Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1560 1561 [1562] 1563 1564 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745730 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23415 on: January 25, 2022, 12:54:55 PM »

Something kept bothering me all night and then it hit me.

My old bud, Cliff Baxter, died twenty years ago today.

He was a really good guy!

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

Thinking that was a joke LB was making.

No joke.

He was a good friend. We went through school together.

His grandfather helped my dad get started in the plumbing business after the war. That was a big damn deal in those days.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23416 on: January 25, 2022, 12:57:11 PM »

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

I think you missed a tongue firmly planted in a cheek, Ham.

Nah, we were buds.

The guy I knew was a prince..

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23417 on: January 25, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »

And the beat goes on for the democrats.

Hillary dismissed those who disagreed as DEPLORABLE
The default democrat  description of any from the GOP is RACIST
Then the ante was raised to HITLER APOLOGIST
Now Biden who campaigned on bringing us together slanders reporters who ask tough questions
as SONS OF BITCHES.

Disgusting Groupthink for a party tanking in the polls.

Eat shit and die.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23418 on: January 25, 2022, 01:22:27 PM »

Bring back the cold war again. Neither side talks about possible lives lost.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23419 on: January 25, 2022, 02:03:16 PM »

Here is what an apartment complex looks like in Santorini, Greece... This is the kind of stuff that we need to build in Battle Mountain, Nevada. The architects need to have fun and they need to build great stuff. With swimming pools and tennis courts, etc.

Battle Mountain is cold in the winter, so the swimming pools would have to be heated.

Salute,

Tony V.

Rich people want to build mansions in Battle Mountain Nevada?
Good for Nevada's economy...rich people moving in...but I'm not sure it would be a good investment of money by the rich people.
Hang on a minute, isn't Nevada all desert and the driest state in America..and Battle Mountain all owned by gold mine shareholders?

That is an apartment complex in Santorini, Greece. We can build apartment complexes like that in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for our homeless people. Those can be studio apartments for our homeless people. We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, so we need to build a lot of studio apartments in Nevada. We can bring in the architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc, and we can build apartments for our homeless people, complete with swimming pools and tennis courts.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23420 on: January 25, 2022, 02:06:26 PM »

Maybe so. But he was from Amitville, just like our resident self-appointed "moral compass".
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23421 on: January 25, 2022, 02:18:02 PM »

Nah, we were buds.

And there you go.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23422 on: January 25, 2022, 03:08:42 PM »

As we build for the homeless it does not really cost that much more money to build awesome custom apartments with swimming pools and tennis courts than to build boring housing, and if we are going to build then we might as well have fun and we need to build fun stuff. We need to build apartments that the people can enjoy. Life is short, so we need to have fun. We need to bring in the architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc, and we need to have fun as we build and we need to build great fun places that the people can enjoy.

And in Battle Mountain, Nevada, the land is only one thousand dollars per acre, so you can bring in great architects and you can build great custom stuff for cheap, the people can get great homes for cheap in Battle Mountain if people bring in the great architects and build.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 03:20:59 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23423 on: January 25, 2022, 03:23:23 PM »

Maybe so. But he was from Amitville, just like our resident self-appointed "moral compass".

You are a miserable son of a bitch.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23424 on: January 25, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »

Nah, we were buds.

And there you go.

Stick your smugness up your ass.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23425 on: January 25, 2022, 03:42:53 PM »

A profile of Cliff from the day after his death.

Those of us who knew him well still think there is more to his death than meets the eye.

https://nypost.com/2002/01/26/only-good-guy-at-enron-l-i-born-exec-was-liked-by-everyone/

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23426 on: January 25, 2022, 04:13:31 PM »

Here is what an apartment complex looks like in Santorini, Greece... This is the kind of stuff that we need to build in Battle Mountain, Nevada. The architects need to have fun and they need to build great stuff. With swimming pools and tennis courts, etc.

Battle Mountain is cold in the winter, so the swimming pools would have to be heated.

Salute,

Tony V.

Rich people want to build mansions in Battle Mountain Nevada?
Good for Nevada's economy...rich people moving in...but I'm not sure it would be a good investment of money by the rich people.
Hang on a minute, isn't Nevada all desert and the driest state in America..and Battle Mountain all owned by gold mine shareholders?

That is an apartment complex in Santorini, Greece. We can build apartment complexes like that in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for our homeless people. Those can be studio apartments for our homeless people. We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, so we need to build a lot of studio apartments in Nevada. We can bring in the architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc, and we can build apartments for our homeless people, complete with swimming pools and tennis courts.

Salute,

Tony V.
I expected to see you floating face down in the pool.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23427 on: January 25, 2022, 04:27:28 PM »

Thinking that was a joke LB was making.

No joke.

He was a good friend. We went through school together.

His grandfather helped my dad get started in the plumbing business after the war. That was a big damn deal in those days.

Sorry, I really misread your post, then.   Will look at NYPost article. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23428 on: January 25, 2022, 04:54:21 PM »

Wait, I thought that was me!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23429 on: January 25, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »

Maybe Cliff shoulda been a plumber

Rest in peace, Cliff
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1560 1561 [1562] 1563 1564 ... 2921