Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742857 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24975 on: March 10, 2022, 05:18:42 PM »

While the abortion rate dropped by half in the months following the passage of the law, this decline eventually leveled off, and pregnant people began traveling to other states to seek abortions

So the Texas law accounted for a large drop in abortions performed in Texas.
The law served the intended purpose in Texas.
Just to be clear.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24976 on: March 10, 2022, 05:20:37 PM »

While the abortion rate dropped by half in the months following the passage of the law, this decline eventually leveled off, and pregnant people began traveling to other states to seek abortions

Just to be clear.

as mud.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #24977 on: March 10, 2022, 05:31:16 PM »

Just to be clear.

as mud.

So, erm. Ward, you're saying the intended purpose was to raise the abortion rate in neighboring states? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24978 on: March 10, 2022, 05:38:25 PM »

Just to be clear.

So, erm. Ward, you're saying the intended purpose was to raise the abortion rate in neighboring states?
clear.
Sure. Whatever you say.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 05:40:44 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24979 on: March 10, 2022, 06:45:06 PM »

Just to be clear.

No, (a) that was not the purpose and (b) it did not succeed.

Its purpose was to reduce total abortions among texans - not in Texas, despite your careful rewording, and it did not do that. And that wasn't even the claim of your fellow anti-women dissemblers.

It stopped poor women from having easy access to legal abortions.

Texas already had the 8th highest maternal mortality rate in the US (with the US already the worst among developed countries), nearly double the national rate.

If Texas were a country, they would be worse than Mexico (though about the same). Don't worry, though - Latvia and Columbia are worse.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24980 on: March 10, 2022, 08:21:06 PM »

One of my neighbors got murdered, he was a father with 2 children, my neighborhood is all full of good people with families, it is bad when people come from other neighborhoods and the people try to make points for their gang by killing our guys, and it is all bullshit. They need to stop killing our guys, it is all guys coming in from other areas, our locals are all peaceful.

https://patabook.com/news/2022/03/10/1-arrested-1-sought-in-fatal-drive-by-shooting-of-anaheim-father-of-2/

And we need to build more factories, and more schools, etc, so we can create positive stuff in our communities instead of bad stuff. I walk these streets and I talk with the people, these are good people. I do not support people killing the people in my neighborhood.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24981 on: March 10, 2022, 09:05:59 PM »

We need to have California to be a great resort state, with Hollywood, and Disneyland, and the movie studios, etc. I do not want to allow them to divide people up and then to fight everyone against each other, and we need to be able to barbecue steaks and live a good life, without worrying about living in a war zone. We must not allow them to turn California into a war zone, we are a resort state where people live good peaceful lives.

We can have peace and we can all make money and we can all live great lives.

Anaheim is a wealthy city, we are not neanderthals. We need to pump some honest money into Anaheim and we need to create honest jobs. And we need to reach out to the children who do not have fathers, and to the foster youth, and the whole village can help to raise the kids.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24982 on: March 10, 2022, 09:50:47 PM »

As we build housing for the homeless then we need to make sure that the most vulnerable people are able to get the construction jobs, etc. Habitat For Humanity can work together with Homeboy Industries to put vulnerable young people to work building housing. HUD and the SBA can also help those who are most vulnerable. And we need to pump redevelopment money into bad areas, etc. We need to employ our most vulnerable as we get our homeless people into housing and as we help our refugees and immigrants. And we can keep it fun by bringing in fun architects, etc, and there can be swimming pools and tennis courts.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24983 on: March 10, 2022, 09:55:37 PM »

Just to be clear.

No, (a) that was not the purpose and (b) it did not succeed.
LOL!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24984 on: March 11, 2022, 12:10:20 AM »

Hey Jussie!

MEREARE

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24985 on: March 11, 2022, 01:02:29 AM »

Just to be clear.

Texas already had the 8th highest maternal mortality rate in the US (with the US already the worst among developed countries), nearly double the national rate.
LOL!

To more accurately reflect what you are LOLling about, you insensitive prick.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24986 on: March 11, 2022, 01:31:54 AM »

Just to be clear.

LOL!

My, my.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24987 on: March 11, 2022, 01:41:07 AM »

Just to be clear.

LOL!

My, my.

Your insincerity rings loud and clear.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24988 on: March 11, 2022, 05:06:25 AM »

One of my neighbors got murdered, he was a father with 2 children, my neighborhood is all full of good people with families, it is bad when people come from other neighborhoods and the people try to make points for their gang by killing our guys, and it is all bullshit. They need to stop killing our guys, it is all guys coming in from other areas, our locals are all peaceful.

https://patabook.com/news/2022/03/10/1-arrested-1-sought-in-fatal-drive-by-shooting-of-anaheim-father-of-2/

And we need to build more factories, and more schools, etc, so we can create positive stuff in our communities instead of bad stuff. I walk these streets and I talk with the people, these are good people. I do not support people killing the people in my neighborhood.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like you need a wall around your neighbourhood with checkpoints, armed security and as back up...armed vigilantes.
To stop myself from being physically assaulted by White males at school, in my neighbourhood, and in the workforce I had to resort to violence.
Sometimes it's the only way.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24989 on: March 11, 2022, 05:11:15 AM »

Hey Jussie!

MEREARE

Probably a just sentence...if a White man had done that America would likely be on fire again until he was tossed in prison *forever*.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 2918