Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742824 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25005 on: March 11, 2022, 05:18:07 PM »

(wrote this before I saw Yankguy's post.  Interesting parallel moment)

If anyone wonders why I will be posting less here, the post from Ward above (and Kid's recurring "white people?" sound bite) may offer some clarity.  Incredible as it may seem, I did start reading this thread to have genuine good faith discussions on issues.  For a while, the fact that it wasn't a "silo" was a plus. 

I'm not sure that people trapped deep in a partisan bubble could ever grasp the aching irony of this quoted passage when they are attacking progressive movements:

...so many people...attached their credibility to that guy, a narcissist with a dark side who did something really heinous here, who clearly is starved for attention. They attached so much of their credibility to him. 

If I thought they'd ever get the irony, I might stick around to see that happen.

See y'all in Movies, Meander, Comedy, Science, On Deeper, and Other Sports threads. (Or here, now and then, if Josh, LarryB, BoDiddley, HairyLime, Facility, et al offer thought provoking comments)
You may want to complain to Jason Whitlock. Those were his words.

He didn't mind the words.

He minded that you could quote them with no understanding of how much they applied to you and your ilk.
The words came from a prominent black man and his opinions are hardly out of the mainstream.
Which is something Barton apparently can

Still missing the point.

What else is new?
Barton cannot reason with the point made by Whitlock and others.
So he took his BAWL and went home.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25006 on: March 11, 2022, 07:43:39 PM »

If anyone wonders why I will be posting less here, the post from Ward above (and Kid's recurring "white people?" sound bite) may offer some clarity.  Incredible as it may seem, I did start reading this thread to have genuine good faith discussions on issues.  For a while, the fact that it wasn't a "silo" was a plus. 

I'm not sure that people trapped deep in a partisan bubble could ever grasp the aching irony of this quoted passage when they are attacking progressive movements:

...so many people...attached their credibility to that guy, a narcissist with a dark side who did something really heinous here, who clearly is starved for attention. They attached so much of their credibility to him. 

If I thought they'd ever get the irony, I might stick around to see that happen.

See y'all in Movies, Meander, Comedy, Science, On Deeper, and Other Sports threads. (Or here, now and then, if Josh, LarryB, BoDiddley, HairyLime, Facility, et al offer thought provoking comments)

He minded that you could quote them with no understanding of how much they applied to you and your ilk.
The words came from a prominent black man and his opinions are hardly out of the mainstream.

Jason Whitlock knows where the bread is buttered so I am not mad at him for making that cheddar but he is NOT invited to the cookout, and no, he cannot get a to go plate or even park his goddamn car!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25007 on: March 11, 2022, 08:06:00 PM »

When I first moved to my new apartment here, I did not have any friends, so I joined Kiwanis International and I became friends with the City leaders. And the local old men who were involved with the gangs when they were young said they respected Kiwanis, and they told me to stay involved with Kiwanis. The local old men who used to be in gangs support Kiwanis. And those old men were peaceful and they kept me safe in this neighborhood. And I am lucky and I have good neighbors.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25008 on: March 11, 2022, 10:00:33 PM »

Still missing the point.

What else is new?
Barton cannot reason with the point made by Whitlock and others.
So he took his BAWL and went home.

And you?

You cannot recognize that everything Whitlock said applies to you and yours.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25010 on: March 12, 2022, 12:20:22 AM »

As society becomes more violent, we need for the good people to always stand up to help each other, and to use ones cell phone to take pictures and to shoot video, etc, for the police.

And it is good to have a neighborhood watch program, and security cameras, etc.

We must remember the lesson of Kitty Genovese...

https://www.simplypsychology.org/Kitty-Genovese.html

And there needs to be security guards on the buses and trains.

People need to help each other, and people at least need to use their cell phones to help people. And we need more guards on buses and trains and in public areas.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25011 on: March 12, 2022, 12:39:33 PM »

HUD built a welfare apartment complex next to the community college in my hometown, so that the poor people could walk to school to get a good basic education and job training, it was a great plan.

As HUD builds new apartment complexes for our homeless, and for the refugees, and for our new immigrants, then they should have schools close to the apartments where the poor people can get a good basic education and job training.

And as they build they need to remember to keep it fun, and with swimming pools and tennis courts.

There is no way around it, we need to build a lot of housing for people, and we need to plan it out well, and we need to keep it fun, and we need to consider things such as schools and jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25012 on: March 12, 2022, 01:16:23 PM »

My Dad was from Oregon, he was from a cattle ranching family, they were real cowboys who owned cows. My Dad had courage and he came to California on his own and he got a job here in California and he did well at every job that he had. He met my Mother here in California, and my Mom was a beautiful young California girl with her own beauty shop and two houses, she has always been smart. My Mother and Father were married in Las Vegas. When I was born my father worked for the Los Angeles County Road Department, and they sent him to school to study Business at Pepperdine in Malibu. His dream was to own his own cattle ranch, so my Mother and Father sold my Mother's beauty shop and her two houses and they bought a huge chunk of land outside of Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they raised cattle and pigs. It did not work out, so we ended up at my Grandmother's house in San Bernardino where I attended Kindergarten. Then we ended up in Oregon, where my Father worked as a Hay Broker, buying hay before it was planted and then picking it up from the fields after it was grown and baled and delivering it to farmers and ranchers. He died while delivering hay to a ranch in Oregon, he was struck by lightening when I was 9 years old, just before my 10th birthday.

He was a good man, people loved him, and he had courage, he could go anywhere in the world and get a job and rise to the top. It takes courage to travel to new places and to get a job and to rise. And it is hard, a lot of times when I went to new places I could not find a job and I ended up homeless. I tried to move to Italy, I wish I could have gotten a job in Italy and found a wife in Italy, like my Father would have done. He would have went to Italy and he would have succeeded, and he would have married the most beautiful woman in Italy, my Mother was quite a catch for him, my Mother is a great woman.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25013 on: March 12, 2022, 03:07:40 PM »

The best job for young people right now it looks like to me is managing an In N Out Burger, they pay you $120,000 per year.

I managed a dog kennel for $17,000 per year and I worked my ass off. I showed up at 7 in the morning, and I worked until 7 in the evening for 6 years. And it was all for nothing, I lived in an alley with people on welfare. I drove a new Jeep, but that was it, I was poor as hell.

I wish I could have managed an In N Out Burger for $120,000 per year instead, while I went to college and to acting school.

The young people today have some good opportunities if they look in the right places. In N Out will always succeed.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25014 on: March 12, 2022, 05:45:44 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25015 on: March 12, 2022, 06:15:58 PM »

Man bites Dog

Trevor Noah, host of Comedy Central, responding to news reports Saudi Arabian officials would not answer the phone when Biden called.

Now, according to the White House, according to the White House, this story is totally untrue,.They deny it. Which I would, too. But either way, man, there is no denying that Saudi Arabia is not playing ball with Joe Biden.

And you know what, you can say what you want, but this would have never happened to Donald Trump. Never.

No one was ever ignoring Donald Trump calls, because if you ignored Donald Trump calls, you did not know how he would respond.

In response to Noah pigs just flew.
LOL
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 06:23:54 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25016 on: March 12, 2022, 06:48:13 PM »

Man bites Dog

Trevor Noah, host of Comedy Central, responding to news reports Saudi Arabian officials would not answer the phone when Biden called.

Now, according to the White House, according to the White House, this story is totally untrue,.They deny it. Which I would, too. But either way, man, there is no denying that Saudi Arabia is not playing ball with Joe Biden.

And you know what, you can say what you want, but this would have never happened to Donald Trump. Never.

No one was ever ignoring Donald Trump calls, because if you ignored Donald Trump calls, you did not know how he would respond.

LOL

Ward thinks that Noah said something positive about Trump.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25017 on: March 12, 2022, 07:29:38 PM »

One of my neighbors got murdered, he was a father with 2 children, my neighborhood is all full of good people with families, it is bad when people come from other neighborhoods and the people try to make points for their gang by killing our guys, and it is all bullshit. They need to stop killing our guys, it is all guys coming in from other areas, our locals are all peaceful.

https://patabook.com/news/2022/03/10/1-arrested-1-sought-in-fatal-drive-by-shooting-of-anaheim-father-of-2/

And we need to build more factories, and more schools, etc, so we can create positive stuff in our communities instead of bad stuff. I walk these streets and I talk with the people, these are good people. I do not support people killing the people in my neighborhood.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like you need a wall around your neighbourhood with checkpoints, armed security and as back up...armed vigilantes.
To stop myself from being physically assaulted by White males at school, in my neighbourhood, and in the workforce I had to resort to violence.
Sometimes it's the only way.

I live in a gated apartment complex with security cameras all over the property, so we are safe in my complex.

And the local neighborhood gang is La Fabrica, it means "The Factory," this neighborhood used to pack oranges and strawberries, and they made strawberry jelly, etc, this was The Factory neighborhood, and they all protect each other.

Our neighborhood has been peaceful for a long time, but every once in a while we have problems with outside gangs coming here and killing our people.

And yes, Cosa Nostra has peace because they fight back and everyone is afraid of them, no one commits crimes in Long Island from what my friend said. In New York Cosa Nostra is respected.

But, we cannot have the gangs running wild killing each other in our neighborhoods, we need to have law and order. So we need undercover cops, and we need for the cops to catch the bad guys who are causing the problems. The police need to protect and serve, and they need to catch the bad guys.

So, that is what we have, the guys in my neighborhood have their own gang and they protect each other, and then the police help to protect our neighborhood, and we have a gated apartment complex with security cameras all over.

Salute,

Tony V.

The screams all over America seem to be for "Defund the Police!"
Reason #2 why engaging here seems pointless.

The "defund the police" brigade are everywhere in America...
25% of Democrat voters still support it, reportedly.
That's tens of millions of people across America.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25018 on: March 12, 2022, 07:46:06 PM »

We just funded the fuck out of the police, through Democratic leadership.

The police need to be reformed.

Do try to keep up.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25019 on: March 12, 2022, 07:56:01 PM »

Man bites Dog

LOL

Ward thinks that Noah said something positive about Trump.
And pigs flew
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 2918