Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742761 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25980 on: April 17, 2022, 07:49:39 PM »

LII U.S. Code Title 8 CHAPTER 12 SUBCHAPTER II Part VIII
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25981 on: April 17, 2022, 08:07:42 PM »

LII U.S. Code Title 8 CHAPTER 12 SUBCHAPTER II Part VIII

Not the US Constitution, Luee.

You really should learn the differences between federal code and Constitution.

But since you are siting code to me:
8 USC 1101(a) (42)
and
8 U.S. Code 1158 - Asylum

These are not pertinent to the vast bulk of US residents here without having received permission. However, they apply, varyingly, to those fleeing Ukraine and to those fleeing war/violence/political persecution in other countries.

Oddly enough, they are just as much the law of the land as the US Code segment you cited.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 08:11:25 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25982 on: April 17, 2022, 08:10:10 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25983 on: April 17, 2022, 08:17:04 PM »

Does this reasoning sound familiar?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25984 on: April 17, 2022, 09:27:26 PM »

On the subject of what CRT is and is not:

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25985 on: April 17, 2022, 09:54:26 PM »

On the issue of inflation...

Vons doubled the price of coffee, I hope the price comes back down. They used to have the best deal on coffee, but not anymore.

I buy the Colombian coffee to support the honest coffee growers of Colombia. It is the best coffee, but also I like that coffee is helping to create honest jobs in Colombia for desperate people.

And coffee is good for my liver according to researchers. Coffee also fights depression. Coffee is good for me.

Of note, people are paying $9 for a pack of cigarettes, along with the high price of gasoline, those are two areas of inflation for the people who smoke and drive. I am glad I quit smoking and I gave up my car, so I do not have to buy cigarettes or gasoline.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25987 on: April 17, 2022, 10:45:03 PM »

Everyone knows about Milan and Paris when it comes to places to go to hire models, but a newer lesser known hot spot for models is Colombia, many models have come from Cartagena, Colombia, and from Bogota.

And as the AADA and other schools seek talent from around the world, they should tap into the talent in Bogota, etc.

We also need to keep investing in education in Colombia, as we continue to support honest industries such as coffee.

Sofia Vergara, and Shakira, are both from Colombia. Many stars will come from Colombia in the future I am sure.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25988 on: April 18, 2022, 03:59:52 AM »

On the issue of inflation...

Vons doubled the price of coffee, I hope the price comes back down. They used to have the best deal on coffee, but not anymore.

I buy the Colombian coffee to support the honest coffee growers of Colombia. It is the best coffee, but also I like that coffee is helping to create honest jobs in Colombia for desperate people.

And coffee is good for my liver according to researchers. Coffee also fights depression. Coffee is good for me.

Of note, people are paying $9 for a pack of cigarettes, along with the high price of gasoline, those are two areas of inflation for the people who smoke and drive. I am glad I quit smoking and I gave up my car, so I do not have to buy cigarettes or gasoline.

Salute,

Tony V.

A young American guy has a Youtube video of what he hates about Australia.

1. The sun...too strong
2. Fuel at the petrol/service stations[gas stations] can't be paid for at the pump, and motorists have to go inside to pay.
[Given that most now are mini supermarkets, it's not surprising to me.]
3. Can't turn right [left here] at a red light if there's no traffic coming.
[Not sorry, we're not having people going thru any red lights, unless a green arrow appears allowing same].

4. Cigarettes and alcohol cost too much.
a packet of 20 cigarettes costs $23.86
a packet of 25 cigarettes costs $29.48
a packet of 30 cigarettes costs $38.11
a packet of 35 cigarettes costs $41.95
a packet of 40 cigarettes costs $49.63
a packet of 50 cigarettes costs $53.95
RYO tobacco costs between $34.95 and $74.95
govt excise sees the high prices.

Alcohol, excise/importation, and excess alcohol is bad for health...best people only can afford several drinks not several dozen.

5. Speed cameras. [also often double as red light cameras.]...fine comes in the mail.

He probably won't like the points demerit system either.
Every fine comes with demerit points. Accrue 12 demerit points in [2 years?] and your licence to drive is suspended...points reset after 2 years or something like that.
There are also cell phone use detection cameras above roads looking down into cars. Also cops patrolling.
Large fines...$545.00 and 4 demerit points.
He probably won't like that either. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 04:06:08 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #25989 on: April 18, 2022, 05:25:50 AM »

(a)Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b)Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of (1)at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
(2)twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 05:32:42 AM by luee »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #25990 on: April 18, 2022, 05:51:26 AM »

An illegal alien is an illegal alien clearly different from the Ukrainian exiles or various African refugees.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25991 on: April 18, 2022, 12:20:36 PM »

Sure, Luee.

I'm not debating the status of undocumented (illegal) aliens. I am debating the status of the vast majority of people who are coming to our southern border - the ones you keep besmirching by calling them nannies, drug dealers, and sex traffickers.

The ones the prior administration denied opportunities to apply for asylum in some cases, but certainly denied refugee status - about whom you blithely say "broken economy" or "looking for jobs" or other such crap.

Can you admit it isn't the Constitution?

Can you admit that whether a Ukrainian fleeing violence and unlivable conditions or a Honduran fleeing violence and unlivable conditions that they have equal need to leave their countries?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25992 on: April 18, 2022, 12:27:53 PM »

Bambu,

We have an Australian coffee shop here in Los Angeles, he says Australians love coffee, he was on television here, the name of the shop is "Little Ripper."

http://littlerippercoffee.com/

His shop is successful, he is living the American Dream.

California loves Australians. And we have Mel Gibson, Olivia Newton John, and Orianthi, here, just to name a few, both Mel and Olivia live in Malibu.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25993 on: April 18, 2022, 12:29:13 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25994 on: April 18, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »

Probably because they were hangry.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jerusalem-al-aqsa-mosque-clashes-1.6421104

Passover----we will have a holiday and lots of food!

Easter----we will have a holiday and lots of food!

Ramadan---we will have a holiday and starve ourselves!

Guess who riots?

Same old sand fleas looking to fuck up a peaceful day.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2918