Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743246 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26175 on: April 21, 2022, 03:12:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/health/florida-gender-affirming-care-health-department-guidance/index.html

Florida pretends they know better than the rest of the world.

Given that irreversible procedures are not recommended for children already, Florida seems to be clutching at strawmen.  I have some reservations about puberty blockers, especially where some forms of gender dysphoria prove to be transitory.  Where I differ from Florida is that I think families should have full access to counseling and support resources to deal with such dysphoria.  Because not all of it is transitory, and determining which is which is crucial.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26176 on: April 21, 2022, 03:14:25 PM »

CNN says "Never mind," about CNN+.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/21/media/cnn-shutting-down/index.html
Does this mean Brian Stelter has to keep his pants on?

But maybe it really means that CNN may return to gathering news and scrap the leftist dogma.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26177 on: April 21, 2022, 03:17:52 PM »

Buh bye now...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michelle-obamas-brother-sues-prestigious-private-school-for-dismissing-sons-after-accusations-of-racism

Too bad - they were nice kids.
Why am I not surprised you support this. It is of course right wing doctrine that parents should have control over the curriculum. Provided you are white conservative Christians complaining about liberals and not African American or mixed race people identifying racism in instruction.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26178 on: April 21, 2022, 03:18:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/health/florida-gender-affirming-care-health-department-guidance/index.html

Given that irreversible procedures are not recommended for children already, Florida seems to be clutching at strawmen.  I have some reservations about puberty blockers, especially where some forms of gender dysphoria prove to be transitory.  Where I differ from Florida is that I think families should have full access to counseling and support resources to deal with such dysphoria.  Because not all of it is transitory, and determining which is which is crucial.
Parents already have full access to counseling and other means of support and advice.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26179 on: April 21, 2022, 03:57:19 PM »

Though the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) recommends a ratio of 250 students per counselor, an I-Team review of school staffing reports in three of the largest school districts in Maryland, several Northern Virginia school divisions and D.C. Public Schools found none meets that recommendation.   

A similar organization for school psychologists advises school districts employ at least one psychologist for every 500 students, but the I-Team found most local school districts also fail to meet that standard.
Which has what to do with what?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Niiiiiice speech
« Reply #26181 on: April 21, 2022, 04:43:09 PM »

"Speak softly and carry a big javelin."

Too fuckin funny

Weak ass leader.

You hate America's current actions

YES, I do.

But ok with former the Administration giving blow jobs to every autocratic leader in the world.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #26183 on: April 21, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »

Parents already have full access to counseling and other means of support and advice.

Nope.  The state is advising against social transition care, which does NOT involve irreversible procedures.  And is a legitimate part of counseling and support.  Try reading the entire article next time.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26185 on: April 21, 2022, 04:52:56 PM »

Though the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) recommends a ratio of 250 students per counselor, an I-Team review of school staffing reports in three of the largest school districts in Maryland, several Northern Virginia school divisions and D.C. Public Schools found none meets that recommendation.   

A similar organization for school psychologists advises school districts employ at least one psychologist for every 500 students, but the I-Team found most local school districts also fail to meet that standard.

/pats you on your head/

It's a news item, Ward.

Deej, only 3 states in the US meet that 250-1 guideline. Eleven states average more than double that, with greater than 500 - 1 students per counselor.
https://www.nacacnet.org/globalassets/documents/publications/research/researchstateratiosreport.pdf
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26186 on: April 21, 2022, 05:28:41 PM »

Do with what you incorrectly claimed.  IOW, you do not know the facts.
the facts of what?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26187 on: April 21, 2022, 06:13:30 PM »

the facts of what?

Yes, exactly.
There no facts pertaining to anything I posted. 
Say goodnight, Gracie.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26188 on: April 21, 2022, 06:18:00 PM »

Nope... and does not care.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26189 on: April 21, 2022, 06:27:54 PM »

the facts of what?

Yes, exactly.
Say goodnight, Gracie.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 ... 2918