Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745152 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26895 on: May 13, 2022, 12:10:38 AM »

The vote on the abortion bill was 51 AGAINST out of 100 votes.

First, senators are not the people.

Next, republicans count as livestock or vermin, not people. You all gave up your personhood just before Y2K, about the time you fully lost your fucking minds.

Last, if you ask for Gods help, stuff some sunflower seeds in your pocket first so something positive can occur if you are granted that prayed for attention.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26896 on: May 13, 2022, 08:11:59 AM »

Texas hard at work to change the rules on how major internet systems like FB, TikTok, et al, handle posters they think are putting up inappropriate content.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/13/tech/texas-hb20-social-media-law/index.html

We are a bit below their 55 million users monthly minimum, for now, so I can continue to apply my more than reasonable standards.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26898 on: May 13, 2022, 01:03:53 PM »

One of the reasons that Trump continues to be a part of the conversation is that the damage he and his cohorts did continues to harm the American people.

https://www.staatus-index.org/

21% of Americans continue to feel that Asian-Americans bear some responsibility for the coronavirus that continues to hurt the country.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/05/09/about-a-third-of-asian-americans-say-they-have-changed-their-daily-routine-due-to-concerns-over-threats-attacks/

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26899 on: May 13, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »

Under the Banner of Heaven prompts the following philosophical question:

Would an American born through Artificial Insemination be a "natural born citizen?"

Holly Martins

« Reply #26900 on: May 13, 2022, 01:33:42 PM »

Texas hard at work to change the rules on how major internet systems like FB, TikTok, et al, handle posters they think are putting up inappropriate content.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/13/tech/texas-hb20-social-media-law/index.html

We are a bit below their 55 million users monthly minimum, for now, so I can continue to apply my more than reasonable standards.

Yes, your standard of "any digressions on Hollywood or hot fashion models are welcome in current politics" does seem VERY loose.

The grounds on which TX suits may be filed seem disturbingly vague and favorable to every wingnut who feels disgruntled about something. 

The ambiguity of those terms provides carte blanche to creative plaintiffs willing to stretch the definitions of the English language, according to Jeff Kosseff, a law professor at the US Naval Academy.

Yup.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26901 on: May 13, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »

Under the Banner of Heaven prompts the following philosophical question:

Would an American born through Artificial Insemination be a "natural born citizen?"

If born in the USA or territories yes. Automatically. Regardless what white wing assholes assert.

Would a person born by Cesarean be a natural born citizen or nah?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #26902 on: May 13, 2022, 01:54:16 PM »

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/12/susan-collins-goes-full-maga-on-abortion/

I've always believed that Collins is not that big an idiot, but is simply that big a liar.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26903 on: May 13, 2022, 02:10:38 PM »

News Item

A bill introduced on Thursday by Democratic Sens. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) and Tammy Baldwin (Wis.) and Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) bans price-gouging, which it defines as  unconscionably excessive pricing.

We turn to a lifetime writer from leftist publications, Catherine Rampell, ( New York Times, Washington Post)for some answers.

Here is how economists explain the recent run-up in inflation: Demand is strong, thanks to pandemic-forced savings plus expansionary government policies (stimulus payments, low interest rates, etc.). Meanwhile, supply remains constrained by covid-related disruptions, labor shortages, other unfortunate shocks. Companies can not ramp up production quickly enough to procure all the stuff that consumers want to buy, whether that is oil, furniture or eggs.

Consumers still want to buy all this stuff, though, and Americans overall have an unusually high amount of cash on hand. So they are willing to pay more. That pushes prices up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/05/12/democratic-conspiracy-theory-on-inflation-makes-things-worse/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F36d477b%2F627e7d53956121755a776cb0%2F596c6179ae7e8a44e7f07be9%2F17%2F72%2F627e7d53956121755a776cb0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 02:12:46 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26904 on: May 13, 2022, 02:37:32 PM »

Your kind keep taking Gods name in vain, Red.

I think they are getting pissed at you lot now.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/5/13/2097740/-Hurricane-force-winds-and-storms-reminiscent-of-the-dust-bowl-tear-across-Trump-country

Repent.

Put down your twisted flag and your perverted cross before it is too late.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26905 on: May 13, 2022, 03:26:28 PM »

I have never been banned on Facebook.

Nor was I ever banned on My Space.

But, I was banned from the New York Times forums a couple of times. One reason, back when 9/11 happened I saw videos of people dancing in the streets of Indonesia celebrating the attack on America, so when a hurricane hit Indonesia and when people were calling out for Americans to give aid to the people of Indonesia I suggested that we all give money to Catholic Charities and then the people of Indonesia can get help from Catholic Charities. That was all I said, and they banned me.

I do not remember the other reason why I was banned from the Times forums the second time.

Of note, on Indonesia, my sister had a roommate who was the daughter of an ambassador to Indonesia, and it was all bad, those people were into heroin, the daughter kept trying to commit suicide, it was all bad. She was not a good roommate for my sister.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26906 on: May 13, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »

The people from Indonesia were putting the immigrants from Indonesia to work for Tyson Chicken, but I would rather have the Mexicans working for the companies.

Here in California we hire the poor desperate people from our Southern Border, and they are very grateful to have the jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26907 on: May 13, 2022, 04:45:23 PM »

On the issue of inflation, it is all about supply and demand, if we bring in all of our immigrants from our Southern Border, and if we hire all of the refugees, etc, to be farm workers, and to be supply chain workers such as at the ports and driving trucks, then we can bring down the prices. We can also invest in ports in Mexico and we can bring imported goods up to the USA from ports in Mexico and that will help to lower the price of food, etc. We can also open more companies such as Campbell Soup, and Chef Boyardee, etc. We can increase the supply and that will lower the prices. Our refugees and immigrants can help us to increase supply.

We also need to increase supply to help to feed people as the war in Ukraine will effect some people's food supply.

And remember, when you hire a poor person and pay them enough money to have food and shelter and to feed their children, then it is such a GIFT for that poor person, they are so grateful when you give them jobs. I had a maid from El Salvador and she was so grateful for a job. It is a blessing to be able to come to the USA and to be able to get a job and to be able to raise a family in peace and safety. They just want to live in peace and raise their families, and it will help our economy if we hire all of the immigrants and refugees and put them to work producing food, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 04:47:13 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26908 on: May 13, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/13/politics/coomer-case-dominion/index.html

The usual suspects asked the judge in Coomer's defamation suit to drop the case, dismissing it without discovery or other pieces of litigation.

The judge ruled that Coomer had managed to provide sufficient evidence to give cause to think he might prevail in proving malice.

Lots more to come.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26909 on: May 13, 2022, 10:03:41 PM »

Your kind keep taking Gods name in vain, Red.

I think they are getting pissed at you lot now.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/5/13/2097740/-Hurricane-force-winds-and-storms-reminiscent-of-the-dust-bowl-tear-across-Trump-country

Repent.

Put down your twisted flag and your perverted cross before it is too late.

Thanks.  Good info.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 ... 2921