Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 2706

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 497239 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2760 on: March 03, 2021, 01:44:36 AM »

Too bad TX and these other Red states don't just wait another 2 months.  Or just gradually start reopening.  Sure cases are dropping but form a ridiculously high level.
Only 8% of Americans have been fully vaccinated, etc.

My father just got his vaccine appointment for Thursday in NJ.
It's kind of odd that you don't know which vaccine you will get.
If it were moi, I'd prefer to do some research on the specific vaccine if I knew beforehand which I was getting.  Being elderly, I really hope he's getting one of the highly effective 2-shot vaccines.  Seems not that much J&J is out there yet. 
But who knows?

For reasons unclear, my mother is not on board with getting vaccinated, despite having turned 80 not long ago.  Seems she thinks it's unnatural or somesuch.  As though getting infected by a bat virus from China is somehow natural.  Or all the daily pills she takes for blood pressure and cholesterol are somehow more natural medicines.  She is usually pro-science and far from a Trump supporter.  So it's kind of a quirky reluctance and a headscratcher what her objection really is.

Now that my father is scheduled, I just initiated my campaign to convince my mother that getting vaccinated is smart while risking CV (and potential death) is extremely dumb.  I came up with 8 primary arguments.  Oddly the one that may sway her is that she won't be able to take any more overseas vacations without first getting vaccinated.  I'm trying to pinpoint her objection(s) so I can counter them.  I figure once my Father is inoculated, it'll be time to press my mother, and by then vaccines will be more available as well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 03, 2021, 03:32:55 AM »

In my world, you can't choose which vaccine you get..just have to have what you're given...govt decides, as govt is paying.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 03, 2021, 03:51:54 AM »

On the issue of Lady Gaga, she should have put up the money as a reward for the arrest and conviction of the people who shot her dog-walker and stole her dogs, there is no honor among thieves, they will snitch on each other quickly so they can get the reward money. By doing it the way she did, she made it seem that getting her dogs back was more important than getting justice for the poor man who was shot. But, if she put up the money as a reward, the dirt bags would snitch on each other, and she would have gotten her dogs back and the bad guys would be in jail. She did not handle the situation properly, in my opinion.

Salute,

Tony V.

If the dirtbags didn't snitch she might never have gotten her 'babies' back.
She got her 'babies' back, and is in a financial position to
be able to care for the man who was shot.
All good.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 03, 2021, 04:04:22 AM »

A friend just sent me a text.
"I'm suffering from TDS.
Trump Deprivation Syndrome."
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2764 on: March 03, 2021, 08:30:28 AM »

"I'm suffering from TDS.

Is that like withdrawal from crack?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 03, 2021, 09:25:30 AM »

RIP Bunny Wailer

If they put a Reggae mt. Rushmore on Blue Mountain Peak, Bunny has to be there.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 03, 2021, 09:29:23 AM »

"I'm suffering from TDS.

Is that like withdrawal from crack?

It's more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZKZ3C1ML8
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:31:17 AM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: March 03, 2021, 10:32:09 AM »

From the NY Times:
Virus variant in Brazil infected many who had already recovered from Covid-19
The new studies have yet to be published in scientific journals. Their authors caution that findings on cells in laboratories do not always translate to the real world, and they’ve only begun to understand P.1’s behavior
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 03, 2021, 11:39:19 AM »

North Carolina Governor vetoed a legislative plan to reopen in-school classes.
Meanwhile results show a MAJORITY of the state’s high school students FAILED  math and biology tests.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: March 03, 2021, 12:14:01 PM »

North Carolina Governor vetoed a legislative plan to reopen in-school classes.
Meanwhile results show a MAJORITY of the state’s high school students FAILED  math and biology tests.
What a pithy analysis of the pros and cons of specific legislation.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 03, 2021, 12:32:33 PM »

Narcissists can be very entertaining and seductive in their madness.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 03, 2021, 12:36:01 PM »

The Australian politician accused of raping a girl 33 years ago and possibly killing her recently...stood before the nation and the world yesterday at a press conference.
Almost in tears, shocked, bewildered, and scared.
The Attorney-General of Australia, Christian Porter.

Think this can't happen to you?   or your husband, father, or son?
Think again.

All it takes today is an allegation made, then withdrawn, and an alleged victim's death.

Australia teeters on the brink...will the law rule, or the mob.

Sky News host Andrew Bolt says the recent allegations levelled against Attorney-General Christian Porter shows the country is at a tipping point between the “rule of law and the rule of the mob”.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 12:40:44 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: March 03, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »

How many rapists do you have in your family, Bambu? It seems like you are making it a very high count.

Also what your friend who texted you is suffering from is Syphilis. You can read all about his symptoms with a small google search.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #2774 on: March 03, 2021, 01:18:17 PM »

The Australian politician accused of raping a girl 33 years ago and possibly killing her recently...stood before the nation and the world yesterday at a press conference.
Almost in tears, shocked, bewildered, and scared.
The Attorney-General of Australia, Christian Porter.

There are actually specific tests, using chemically-treated paper, to measure nearness to tears.  By skipping this test, forensic scientists have opened the door to a lynch mob.  They also skipped the Bewilderment Checklist, which can often determine if a case is worth prosecuting.

It's clear your society is near collapse, Bambu.  I'd stock up on tinned goods and stay in your basement.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 2706