Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1852 1853 [1854] 1855 1856 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749581 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27795 on: June 06, 2022, 10:41:21 AM »

And here is the rejoinder to Red's unattributed comments on Rebekah Jones.
Nothing needed to be attributed. 
Anything you post needs to be attributed because you are a proven liar and a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Then prove me wrong.

You have only accepted that you were wrong once in the decades I have seen you post.

So, no, there is no point in anybody's trying to "prove you wrong" to you. You have been proven wrong about many things.

And attribution is a standard practice.

Or as you would put it, "prove me wrong."
Say what?
Keep trying.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27796 on: June 06, 2022, 10:43:37 AM »

The Senate may reach a bi partisan agreement on gun legislation.

The democrats have told Joe Biden to butt out since his only input is to ban guns.
LThat is a lie you proven liar and Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27797 on: June 06, 2022, 10:53:26 AM »

And here is the rejoinder to Red's unattributed comments on Rebekah Jones.
Nothing needed to be attributed. 
Anything you post needs to be attributed because you are a proven liar and a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Then prove me wrong.
That you are a proven liar is public knowledge. I see why you cannot refute it.
LOL!
Try again.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27798 on: June 06, 2022, 11:22:39 AM »

And the best part, because of the Supreme Court decision in Castle Rock v. Gonzales, a 2005 decision delivered by Scalia, no matter how incompetent, cowardly, or negligent officers are, they cannot be held accountable.

Incompetent, cowardly, and negligent tweeters and posters are the unaccountable ones.

The Castle Rock SCOTUS decision(7-2) was based on State Law. https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/04-278
Police action in that case was done according to the law and the case was dismissed at its first Court hearing.
SCOTUS simply affirmed that decision.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27799 on: June 06, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/hateful-anti-lgbtq-graduation-speech-ohio-high-school-sparks-outrage-rcna31917?icid=recommended

My speech was not anti-anything. There was not a negative word or statement in speech to anyone or organization. Being positive is who I am.

I truly had the best interests of the Graduates in mind. The Graduates were my audience.

Figures you would back the old white asshole.

Turning Point USA had a conference on women in leadership.

Earlier, [Bennie] Johnson had suggested the young women should focus on having children. He boiled down his advice into six succinct words, pumping his fist as he screamed: More Americans! More babies! Let's go!

He introduced Kyle Rittenhouse as great husband material.
https://www.newsweek.com/kyle-rittenhouse-husband-young-womens-leadership-summit-1713012
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 11:57:58 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27800 on: June 06, 2022, 12:10:08 PM »

"If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you," Gohmert said in a Friday interview on NewsMax. "They're going to bury you, they're going to put you in the DC jail and terrorize and torture you and not live up to the Constitution there."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27801 on: June 06, 2022, 12:48:28 PM »

News Item

Key senators said Sunday there is growing momentum to forge a bipartisan congressional response to recent mass shootings that could toughen federal gun laws for the first time in a generation. But a deal is not yet in hand, they warned, and the delicate talks are expected to continue for several more days as negotiators seek to garner enough Republican support to get a compromise bill through the Senate.

Should an agreement come together, it is certain to fall well short of the parameters that President Biden laid out in a White House address on Thursday, when he called for renewing the federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004, as well as significantly expanding federal background checks for gun buyers and removing the firearms industry s  immunity from lawsuits.

Washington Post
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 12:51:54 PM by Espnthree »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27802 on: June 06, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »

We will have to wait to find a clear minded leader able to deal with inflation, immigration, Russia, Iran, covid, staying awake.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27803 on: June 06, 2022, 01:19:27 PM »

We will have to wait to find a clear minded leader able to deal with inflation, immigration, Russia, Iran, covid, staying awake.

IOW, Luee thinks we will never have a clear-minded leader.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #27804 on: June 06, 2022, 01:21:26 PM »

News Item

Key senators said Sunday there is growing momentum to forge a bipartisan congressional response to recent mass shootings that could toughen federal gun laws for the first time in a generation. But a deal is not yet in hand, they warned, and the delicate talks are expected to continue for several more days as negotiators seek to garner enough Republican support to get a compromise bill through the Senate.

Should an agreement come together, it is certain to fall well short of the parameters that President Biden laid out in a White House address on Thursday, when he called for renewing the federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004, as well as significantly expanding federal background checks for gun buyers and removing the firearms industry s  immunity from lawsuits.

Washington Post

So you're faulting a President for having a vision of progress and trying to present that to Americans?  Or for not being on board with a watered-down compromise that will remove most measures that would actually accomplish something?  Sorry, but urging Congress to really do something is part of the job description of POTUS.  Biden has never, in his entire career, indicated any animus towards bipartisanship.  What he opposes is ineffectual measures.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27805 on: June 06, 2022, 01:27:37 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/hateful-anti-lgbtq-graduation-speech-ohio-high-school-sparks-outrage-rcna31917?icid=recommended

My speech was not anti-anything. There was not a negative word or statement in speech to anyone or organization. Being positive is who I am.

I truly had the best interests of the Graduates in mind. The Graduates were my audience.

Come on, you know that is an evasion.  It's a public high school, nonparochial.  He is peddling his personal religion when he says that students should find marital partners based on "Biblical principles" and then goes on to say he means a man must marry a woman.  The implication is obvious - he said it out loud so everyone could hear it. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27806 on: June 06, 2022, 02:07:53 PM »

News Item

Washington Post

So you're faulting a President for having a vision of progress and trying to present that to Americans?  Or for not being on board with a watered-down compromise that will remove most measures that would actually accomplish something?  Sorry, but urging Congress to really do something is part of the job description of POTUS.  Biden has never, in his entire career, indicated any animus towards bipartisanship.  What he opposes is ineffectual measures.
I did not fault him, his party did as I pointed out in a previous post. His VISiON is nothing but rehashed ideas that have never worked. Trying them again would only underscore the definition of insanity.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 02:35:42 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #27807 on: June 06, 2022, 02:18:41 PM »

News Item

Washington Post

There is nothing in LieStateCTPH clip that says Biden is not on board with a potential compromise.  He laid out his vision and agenda and Democratic Legislators work from that, compromise and deal to get possi le legislation. It is normal politics but the PROVEN LIAR and Comically Transparent Partisan Hack needs to try to spin it negatively because, well, he is Comically Transparent Partisan Hack and he has to somehow make any resulting legislation a loss for Biden.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27808 on: June 06, 2022, 03:31:30 PM »

It's a public high school, nonparochial.  He is peddling his personal religion when he says that students should find marital partners based on  Biblical principles and then goes on to say he means a man must marry a woman. 

Yes, he is.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27809 on: June 06, 2022, 03:59:08 PM »

News Item

Washington Post

There is nothing in LieStateCTPH clip that says Biden is not on board with a potential compromise.  He laid out his vision and agenda and Democratic Legislators work from that, compromise and deal to get possi le legislation. It is normal politics but the PROVEN LIAR and Comically Transparent Partisan Hack needs to try to spin it negatively because, well, he is Comically Transparent Partisan Hack and he has to somehow make any resulting legislation a loss for Biden.

Joe will lose - but not so greatly.

the nation will win with new legislation

Evil guys will still get guns.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1852 1853 [1854] 1855 1856 ... 2924