Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 2771

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 590900 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3135 on: March 08, 2021, 06:30:59 PM »

Smart by 2022, Big by 2028 over the rest of the Biden administration.

Larry, you did bring back the dispute when Banks brought up June in the context of Covid relief on Saturday. I don’t know whether you expected there to be any evolution. Some folks still aren’t ready to absorb the idea of BLM.

This idea of a 50-50 country is more interesting since the evidence to support it is absent minus the current makeup of the Senate, unless something else out there points to a 50-50 populace or electorate.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3136 on: March 08, 2021, 06:36:37 PM »

I evoke skidmarks and hissy fits to mark where you as a normally interesting and reasonable poster get into a rut frozen in substance and increasing in nastiness. Larry has over what seems like months repeatedly owned up to thinking the Kaep article was more current when he posted it. You won that fine point a long time ago. Can you now move on to the fact that it was out there for years not months or weeks or days, as Larry first thought, only amplifies the point of how badly missed were clear opportunities to address Black lives mattering and bad policing, well before protests were organized last summer?

I’ve prioritized my policy preferences to line them up with popularity. Jobs, Terrorism, elections are the top three. Jobs is an infrastructure package, a long build and fight. Terrorism now means attacking the GOP nexus of evil with its proud boy 3%er face. HR1 is the third leg. This means moving two big pieces a year through Congress through whatever contortions to the system make it possible, investigating GOP criminality and malfeasance in the space between. The borderline priority is healthcare costs, polling at 58%. It’s worth doing this cycle given enough time and prevailing winds.

Progress on the many other priorities can for now happen in the realm of appointments, rules, and other areas of executive discretion such as reasonably and beneficially applying existing law.

Fac I was done with Larry's 2016-BLM-2020 post 9 months ago. I thought the bullsit was thoroughly discussed ten. But for reasons less than crystal clear, Larry revisited the issue yesterday out of the blue.

It wasn't me. 

I just bludgeoned him with his bullshit. again.

Larry has an averion to admitting his mistakes.

I'm glad that you've, to quote, "prioritized my policy preferences to line them up with popularity. Jobs, Terrorism, elections are the top three"

Without diving too deep (and I don't want to upset Bo, LMAO) it sounds like you've re-ordered and adopted, for lack of a better term, a GO SMART" agenda that might be more achievable than your original GO BIG wish list of 15-20 social programs, that are likely far too ambitious and politically risky pre '22 elections. 

perhaps you should discuss this with Larry.

and say CHEESE!

Dude, I copped to the mistake the day it happened.

You keep saying I lied.

Prove the lie.

Dude when challenged on your post (9 months ago) the best you could do was say, "its 2016"

not that you made a mistake, not that the polling data was misleading.

Not a word that your post with the polling data did not apply to the protest events of 2020.

Someone would have to have read your posted article from 2016 to understand your subterfuge and intentional deception.

And as I recall you defended your post by saying to read the article

But I had read it, so I knew it was about 2016 and 2020.

Larry you were not honest.

And today you doubled down and said you stood by your post.

whatever the fuck that means.

LMAO

Im gonna leave this right here and as fas as I am concerned Ive made my point.

My original post was an assertion  "America you had a chance" and then I posted an article with a pull quote about the Athlete's peaceful protest controversy from 2016 with the intent to illustrate the missed opportunity. ("Get that sun ova bitch off the field, you're fired! FIRED!")

I think I can safely say that is how I usually post. I neglected to edit the quote. Yeah. It was a fuck up. Mea culpa.

I said that the first day.

I brought it up because you reminded me how you had "pounded in June"on any thoughts about going big. Well, yeah. ThaT REMINDED  how you went of about the fucked up pull quote. I thought maybe time had broadened your perspective but nope.

I'm a LIAR. Because you say so without any thing ut your opinion.

Why is it you can't take, "Yeah, I fucked up!" as an answer but insist I was purposely being misleading and dishonest?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:43:52 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3137 on: March 08, 2021, 06:38:43 PM »

Larry, you did bring back the dispute when Banks brought up June in the context of Covid relief on Saturday. I don’t know whether you expected there to be any evolution. Some folks still aren’t ready to absorb the idea of BLM.

This idea of a 50-50 country is more interesting since the evidence to support it is absent minus the current makeup of the Senate, unless something else out there points to a 50-50 populace or electorate.

White America is 50-50.

You have to first admit there is a white America.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: March 08, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »

Is “going big” code?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: March 08, 2021, 06:40:28 PM »

Thats my hope as well. But the Dems need to win in '22, and again in '24. As posted Biden has a chance to build an FDR type broad-based coaltion with sweeping social changes.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: March 08, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »

I evoke skidmarks and hissy fits to mark where you as a normally interesting and reasonable poster get into a rut frozen in substance and increasing in nastiness. Larry has over what seems like months repeatedly owned up to thinking the Kaep article was more current when he posted it. You won that fine point a long time ago. Can you now move on to the fact that it was out there for years not months or weeks or days, as Larry first thought, only amplifies the point of how badly missed were clear opportunities to address Black lives mattering and bad policing, well before protests were organized last summer?

I’ve prioritized my policy preferences to line them up with popularity. Jobs, Terrorism, elections are the top three. Jobs is an infrastructure package, a long build and fight. Terrorism now means attacking the GOP nexus of evil with its proud boy 3%er face. HR1 is the third leg. This means moving two big pieces a year through Congress through whatever contortions to the system make it possible, investigating GOP criminality and malfeasance in the space between. The borderline priority is healthcare costs, polling at 58%. It’s worth doing this cycle given enough time and prevailing winds.

Progress on the many other priorities can for now happen in the realm of appointments, rules, and other areas of executive discretion such as reasonably and beneficially applying existing law.

Fac I was done with Larry's 2016-BLM-2020 post 9 months ago. I thought the bullsit was thoroughly discussed ten. But for reasons less than crystal clear, Larry revisited the issue yesterday out of the blue.

It wasn't me. 

I just bludgeoned him with his bullshit. again.

Larry has an averion to admitting his mistakes.

I'm glad that you've, to quote, "prioritized my policy preferences to line them up with popularity. Jobs, Terrorism, elections are the top three"

Without diving too deep (and I don't want to upset Bo, LMAO) it sounds like you've re-ordered and adopted, for lack of a better term, a GO SMART" agenda that might be more achievable than your original GO BIG wish list of 15-20 social programs, that are likely far too ambitious and politically risky pre '22 elections. 

perhaps you should discuss this with Larry.

and say CHEESE!

Dude, I copped to the mistake the day it happened.

You keep saying I lied.

Prove the lie.

Dude when challenged on your post (9 months ago) the best you could do was say, "its 2016"

not that you made a mistake, not that the polling data was misleading.

Not a word that your post with the polling data did not apply to the protest events of 2020.

Someone would have to have read your posted article from 2016 to understand your subterfuge and intentional deception.

And as I recall you defended your post by saying to read the article

But I had read it, so I knew it was about 2016 and 2020.

Larry you were not honest.

And today you doubled down and said you stood by your post.

whatever the fuck that means.

LMAO

Im gonna leave this right here and as fas as I am concerned Ive made my point.

My original post was an assertion  "America you had a chance" and then I posted an article with a pull quote about the Athlete's peaceful protest controversy from 2016 with the intent to illustrate the missed opportunity. ("Get that sun ova bitch off the field, you're fired! FIRED!")

I think I can safely say that is how I usually post. I neglected to edit the quote. Yeah. It was a fuck up. Mea culpa.

I said that the first day.

I brought it up because you reminded me how you had "pounded in June"on any thoughts about going big. Well, yeah. Joe was when you went of about the fucked up pull quote. Maybe time had broadened your perspective but nope.

Why is it you can't take, "Yeah, I fucked up!" as an answer but insist I was purposely being misleading and dishonest?

Because Larry right now is the first time you admitted you fucked up.

This argument was over last June

And its over now.

Do yourself a favor, please don't bring it up again in 9 months.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3141 on: March 08, 2021, 06:49:22 PM »

Oh look!

I had to edit a post!

Nah, Banks we done.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: March 08, 2021, 06:55:06 PM »

Perhaps you should give up the idea that the black vote is Jesus to the Democratic Party's future. Try to think a little more, uh, multiculturally.

Without the black vote in this cycle Trump is the fucking president and the democracy we love would soon be dead.

Biden doesn't win the primary if Black voters don't save his ass.

Black voters swung the districts in MI, PA, WI and GA that got Joe th EC.

(Stop the steal!)

Black voters won two Senate races n GA.

GA GOP knows this because they're busy rewriting the rules they themselves wrote.

We are talking about the future, Larry.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3143 on: March 08, 2021, 06:55:52 PM »

All Hail Bankshot. First of his name!

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3144 on: March 08, 2021, 06:56:51 PM »

Perhaps you should give up the idea that the black vote is Jesus to the Democratic Party's future. Try to think a little more, uh, multiculturally.

Without the black vote in this cycle Trump is the fucking president and the democracy we love would soon be dead.

Biden doesn't win the primary if Black voters don't save his ass.

Black voters swung the districts in MI, PA, WI and GA that got Joe th EC.

(Stop the steal!)

Black voters won two Senate races n GA.

GA GOP knows this because they're busy rewriting the rules they themselves wrote.

We are talking about the future, Larry.

Im talking about right the fuck now.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #3145 on: March 08, 2021, 06:58:41 PM »

Glad to see Fac articulate on the idea that a 50/50 Senate doesn't reflect a 50/50 populace.   Nor does the close-to- 50/50 in House (the proof of that pudding will come if a neutral districting bill pushes out the gerrymanderers).  Seems like a topic worth exploring.   (as opposed to the maximum pissing distances of forumites)

And an  apt anecdote of a first day from Boz. 

But I doubt that people,  when in the vise-like grip of being right, are moved by such stories to any self-reflection.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: March 08, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »

All Hail Bankshot. First of his name!

Larry its over.

It probably would be best if you treated it as such.

let it go.

Bart and OC and Josh might get upset.

and kid might cry in a corner.

think of the children.

LMAO

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3147 on: March 08, 2021, 07:07:58 PM »

"Thank you to the Congressional Progressive Caucus for their extraordinary effort in passing the American Rescue Plan, which is the most significant legislation for working people in the modern history of this country. Without them, this bill is not possible."

Bernie Sanders

12:56 PM · Mar 8, 2021·Twitter Web App

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3148 on: March 08, 2021, 07:09:21 PM »

It aint 2009.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: March 08, 2021, 07:11:52 PM »

The racial justice idea that is popular with more than 60% of Americans is in the name of defeating terrorists rooting out white supremacy where it lives, legislates, worships, broadcasts, or wears a badge. 

This should be front and center in the do it now Smart batch of Biden policies.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 2771