Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 2716

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498752 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2021, 12:24:49 PM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2021/01/08/wisconsin-act-10-protests-vs-capitol-riot-breach-4-key-differences-violence-arrests-deaths-damage/6584619002/

* Wisconsin's Act 10 protests were overwhelmingly peaceful.
While there was some damage done to the state Capitol in 2011 during the weeks of protests — which included some people sleeping in the statehouse rotunda and halls — there were no reports of looting, ransacking or thefts.

Don't confuse them with the facts, Kam.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2021, 12:26:07 PM »

LoL --- Wisconsin protests were largely peaceful sit-ins and mounting posters on the walls.

By February 20, protestors had undertaken a physical occupation of the Capitol building, establishing a fully functioning community within the public spaces of the Wisconsin State Capitol, including an information center, a sleeping area, a medic station staffed by members of the Madison Community Wellness Collective, and food stations with food for protestors supplied by local businesses. Protestors also covered the walls of the Capitol with thousands of homemade signs....

Thiessen full of shit, calling it an assault.  Very lame attempt at whataboutism, eh.

The assault on the Wisconsin  Capitol lasted 3weeks.
Ten years ago, unionists stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol, located in Madison. They wanted to stop a vote on collective bargaining reform. Thousands of demonstrators poured in by breaking down doors and crawling in through windows. 

They were looking for Republican lawmakers. Many of the Republicans were guided by police into a tunnel which would safely move them across the street. A Democratic lawmaker alerted the mob and they met the Republicans and the police as they came through the tunnel.

Then Gov. Scott Walker received death threats and he said they promised they would “gut [his wife] like a deer.” Police found .22 caliber bullets all around the capital including chalk outlines of fake dead bodies etched with Walker’s name. Signs like “Death to tyrants" and "the only good Republican is a dead Republican” were everywhere.

Nancy Pelosi praised the occupiers for an “impressive show of democracy in action” and tweeted she stands in solidarity with the mob. Another mantra from the “protesters” was, “Don’t retreat, reload.”

John Ruby
The Intelligencer
How many cops died?

Or got hospitalized.

Or beaten.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »

Portman is not running for reelection.

That's 2 of the 20 GOP senators who would be up in 2022 who are not running, so far.

I wonder how high it will go!

House members have not started dropping, yet.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »

Gee, Biden promised in the campaign if elected President his restrictions and mandates were necessary to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the coming months.

In his first speech as president-elect he said his administration's work "begins with getting COVID under control."

On Friday, however, he indicated that the trajectory of the pandemic can't be changed in the coming months, no matter what Americans do.
Sorry, America.
Wear your masks, shut up, and suffer.
“ Nothing we can do”!

barton

« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2021, 12:44:49 PM »

The Mitch-Chuck deadlock over the organizing resolution is a sad but unsurprising spectacle....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/25/us/senate-filibuster.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Yet given the deadlock, some liberal activists are urging Mr. Schumer to respond aggressively and immediately blow up the filibuster to enact the organizing resolution over Mr. McConnell’s objections, handing Democrats the power they won in the election. They argue that since the measure does not become law, the move would leave the legislative filibuster intact, and should win the support of even Democrats like Mr. Tester who want to preserve it.

“You could see the Democrats rally around the idea of at least changing the rules to bar a filibuster of this procedural resolution so they can take their gavels and commence the work of the Senate,” said Brian Fallon, a former aide to Mr. Schumer who is now a progressive judicial activist with the group Demand Justice. “It would be a mini-nuclear option, of sorts.”

Mr. Schumer’s allies say he still hopes to strike a deal with Mr. McConnell and is not at the crisis stage yet. Mr. Tester said he would urge Mr. Schumer and Mr. McConnell “to sit down at the table and lock the door and get it squared away.”

Turtle soup may be on the menu.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2021, 12:47:15 PM »

Gee, Biden promised in the campaign if elected President his restrictions and mandates were necessary to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the coming months.

In his first speech as president-elect he said his administration's work "begins with getting COVID under control."

On Friday, however, he indicated that the trajectory of the pandemic can't be changed in the coming months, no matter what Americans do.
Sorry, America.
“ Nothing we can do”!
GEE!!!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 25, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »

Sorry, America.
“ Nothing we can do”!
GEE!!!!!
An early and probably terminal case of Biden Derangement Syndrome.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 25, 2021, 01:23:54 PM »

Portman is not running for reelection.

That's 2 of the 20 GOP senators who would be up in 2022 who are not running, so far.

I wonder how high it will go!

House members have not started dropping, yet.
Three I think. Toomey in Pennsylvania and Burr in NC also. I think all three states would be in play for Dems, along with Wisconsin, which Biden won. Warnock's seat in Georgia and Kelly in AZ should be in play for Republicans, although the zany wing of the AZ Repo party is doing everything in their power to undermine their best chance.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2021, 01:39:54 PM »

Sorry, America.
“ Nothing we can do”!

It’s just one small measure of how badly your moron goon gang fucked things up.

Now go self-flagellate and enroll in an online civics class before you post again.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »

In bambustate if you utter profanities in public, that is a $500 fine.
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2021, 02:02:53 PM »

Sorry, America.
“ Nothing we can do”!
GEE!!!!!
WOW!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 25, 2021, 02:10:15 PM »

Apparently the virus(es) don’t obey presidential dictates like “be gone by Easter”. It a huge scientific mystery along the lines of why shouting at the sea doesn’t stop the tide in its tracks.

A national mask policy is a much better idea with a few months of rigorous implementation leading us much closer to the desired result.

Or, if you are a right wing sociopath or deluded idiot, you can continue your insurrection against reality and common sense.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 25, 2021, 02:21:07 PM »

My mask protects you.  So I wear one.  Your mask protects me but you refuse to wear one.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 25, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »

Another Biden Miscalculation?
Politico reports today

A group of over a dozen senators, Democrat and Republican, has expressed unease with facets of President Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief proposal, highlighting concerns with the individual stimulus payments and reportedly telling the Biden White House the measure offers too much to higher-income earners.

Susan Collins (r-Maine)said that topline number was a “concern” to her and that her bipartisan crew, led by Collins and Manchin, needed to reconvene to figure out how to respond to a proposal that Republican senators say cannot pass the Senate. That group was key to passing a $900 billion package in December, which many Republicans say makes an immediate large package difficult to pass. That package included $600 in direct payments to many Americans.

“I'm going to suggest that we get together and talk about what we think would be a reasonable package, and one that could garner bipartisan support,” Collins said. “The administration clearly is very eager to move very quickly. And we want to make sure that there is justification, especially since there's so much money remaining from the previous packages.”

Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) also questioned the price tag: “This isn’t monopoly money,” as he put it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/24/senators-question-biden-covid-plan-461987

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »

My mask protects you.  So I wear one.  Your mask protects me but you refuse to wear one.

Refuse to wear a mask indoors in public in bambustate...includes all public transport...$200 fine for "breaching health orders."
I like it.
Since its introduction a few weeks ago, community transmission cases have dropped to zero.
Everyone wearing masks in all places indoors works at "stopping the spread".

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 2716