Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657168 times)

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #32535 on: January 06, 2023, 10:31:06 AM »

On the concessions he has made so far, McCarthy said Thursday evening that he is not concerned about giving just one member the power to call for a vote to oust the speaker.  Im very fine with that, the California Republican said. Im not afraid.  I wont be a weaker speaker.

McCarthy also denied that any members would lose committee assignments and said there have been no negotiations that involved giving subcommittee chairmanships to dissidents.

Uh huh.

Time for Devin Nunes cow to step into the ring.

Or maybe find someone else named Kevin who with Kevin Hern and McCarthy will form an historic Triumvirate of Kevins, running the House with three gavels.  Like the launch crew in a missile silo with those turn keys, each must drop their gavel at the same moment to pass a bill.

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32536 on: January 06, 2023, 10:34:44 AM »

I will let others explain the difference between correlation and causation to you and just add that to the ever growing list of common concepts you have difficulty grasping. Instead I will note that keeping the caucus together to enact legislation consistent with the policy goals of the party is almost literally the key job of the Speaker. So, 9nce again, you are highlighting how effective a Speaker Pelosi was compared to the current shit show of a weak man desperately striving for high place for no reason other than to have the high place.

Well, and also that Pelosi did not impose the will of a liberal swamp but rather pursued policy goals broadly popular across the disparate ends of a party famous for being a circular firing squad. And far from being a failure, before the inevitable loss of seats by the presidential party in the midterms she had a record of remarkable successes, including an infrastructure bill, preserving marriage equity, covid relief, the first real gun safety bill in decades, the American Rescue Plan, the Inflation Reduction Act and more, and all with her holding a nearly intact caucus. Her last two years as Speaker presents a remarkable level of accomplishment in presenting a unified caucus working to make the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans better.

Thumb up, however I am not volunteering to explain the difference between correlation and causation.  There's google for that.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32537 on: January 06, 2023, 10:35:50 AM »

On the concessions he has made so far, McCarthy said Thursday evening that he is not concerned about giving just one member the power to call for a vote to oust the speaker.  Im very fine with that, the California Republican said. Im not afraid.  I wont be a weaker speaker.

McCarthy also denied that any members would lose committee assignments and said there have been no negotiations that involved giving subcommittee chairmanships to dissidents.

Uh huh.

Time for Devin Nunes cow to step into the ring.

Or maybe find someone else named Kevin who with Kevin Hern and McCarthy will form an historic Triumvirate of Kevins, running the House with three gavels.  Like the launch crew in a missile silo with those turn keys, each must drop their gavel at the same moment to pass a bill.
Maybe Kevin McCallister. He knows how to defend the House.

McCarthy has passed the Gillett and is 1/4 other way to Pennington. Less than 10% of the way to Commissary Banks. That would be a record of accomplishment!
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32538 on: January 06, 2023, 10:36:35 AM »

I will let others explain the difference between correlation and causation to you and just add that to the ever growing list of common concepts you have difficulty grasping. Instead I will note that keeping the caucus together to enact legislation consistent with the policy goals of the party is almost literally the key job of the Speaker. So, 9nce again, you are highlighting how effective a Speaker Pelosi was compared to the current shit show of a weak man desperately striving for high place for no reason other than to have the high place.

Well, and also that Pelosi did not impose the will of a liberal swamp but rather pursued policy goals broadly popular across the disparate ends of a party famous for being a circular firing squad. And far from being a failure, before the inevitable loss of seats by the presidential party in the midterms she had a record of remarkable successes, including an infrastructure bill, preserving marriage equity, covid relief, the first real gun safety bill in decades, the American Rescue Plan, the Inflation Reduction Act and more, and all with her holding a nearly intact caucus. Her last two years as Speaker presents a remarkable level of accomplishment in presenting a unified caucus working to make the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans better.

Thumb up, however I am not volunteering to explain the difference between correlation and causation.  There's google for that.
Yeah, but who is going to explain Google to him?
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32539 on: January 06, 2023, 10:38:11 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Issa

What about Darrell Issa for Speaker of the House?

Salute,

Tony V.
Just what we need: a Speaker who committed blatant insurance fraud and then beat the rap by throwing his brother under the bus. And I cannot believe I beat out Yankguy1 in pointing this out.
I've lost a lot off my fastball.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32540 on: January 06, 2023, 10:51:06 AM »

The US created 220,000 jobs in December, 4.5 million this year, and 11 million since Biden became President! Record numbers for our booming economy! Great job, Joe!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32541 on: January 06, 2023, 11:11:51 AM »

( ..Pelosi)last two years as Speaker presents a remarkable level of accomplishment in presenting a unified caucus working to make the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans better.
ROFL
Nancy Pelosi spent her days as Speaker fattenjng her bank account and running roughshod over her caucus as if it were a plantation beholding to the hierarchy of the democrat party.

Case in point, the vote in 2021 to increase the budget of the Capitol Police, the modern day Keystone Kops who failed miserably in the January 6 riot.
Pelosi had to win that battle since she was going to make Trump the only villain in the January 6 affair.
So she told the 6 members of the SQUAD that three of them had to vote PRESENT on the roll call. Remember the SQUAD members were adamant proponents of DEFUND The POLICE
But Nancy had decided the Bill had to pass or it would make it much more difficult for the party s plan to destroy Trump.
And it did by one vote after three squad members changed their No votes to PRESENT.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32542 on: January 06, 2023, 12:19:27 PM »

McCarthy Warns Not Voting For Him
Could Delay More Funds To Ukraine😂

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32543 on: January 06, 2023, 01:02:21 PM »

The US created 220,000 jobs in December, 4.5 million this year, and 11 million since Biden became President! Record numbers for our booming economy! Great job, Joe!

That is the kind of growth we can continue to expect as long as there is no republican majority in the House of Representatives to wage the eternal right wing war on jobs and the economy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32544 on: January 06, 2023, 03:22:16 PM »

( ..Pelosi)last two years as Speaker presents a remarkable level of accomplishment in presenting a unified caucus working to make the lives of hundreds of millions of Americans better.
ROFL
Nancy Pelosi spent her days as Speaker fattenjng her bank account and running roughshod over her caucus as if it were a plantation beholding to the hierarchy of the democrat party.

Case in point, the vote in 2021 to increase the budget of the Capitol Police, the modern day Keystone Kops who failed miserably in the January 6 riot.
Pelosi had to win that battle since she was going to make Trump the only villain in the January 6 affair.
So she told the 6 members of the SQUAD that three of them had to vote PRESENT on the roll call. Remember the SQUAD members were adamant proponents of DEFUND The POLICE
But Nancy had decided the Bill had to pass or it would make it much more difficult for the party s plan to destroy Trump.
And it did by one vote after three squad members changed their No votes to PRESENT.
Right. Effective management of her caucus. Precisely what the Speaker is supposed to do. And what McCarthy cannot do. I am glad to see you finally acknowledge her effectiveness as Speaker.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32545 on: January 06, 2023, 03:49:10 PM »

McCarthy Warns Not Voting For Him
Could Delay More Funds To Ukraine😂

Translation:  McCarthy resorts to blackmail that RedStainWart wholeheartedly endorses!

It is a win-win for red who is no fan of democracy in any form. The only things he hates more are freedom and prosperity.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #32546 on: January 06, 2023, 04:24:41 PM »

Can anyone explain what is happening? Too pro-Trump, too anti-Trump, just a dickhead everyone detests.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32547 on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:00 PM »

So let us review.

Jobs grew in the latest report(because Biden inflation forced Americans to make more money)
But wages went down. (Because the workforce has a bigger base)
The stock market soared due to both, because lower wages will bring down prices and more workers will mean more buyers)
The time is golden for the GOP to cut the Biden Spending idiocy (which takes only one branch of government)while awaiting a wholesale government takeover in 2 years.
Times are very encouraging.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #32548 on: January 06, 2023, 06:59:37 PM »

The response of the great physicist Wolfgang Pauli to a blundering young physicist's paper comes to mind.

Sadly, you are not even wrong.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #32549 on: January 06, 2023, 07:49:07 PM »

So let us review.

Jobs grew in the latest report(because Biden inflation forced Americans to make more money)
But wages went down. (Because the workforce has a bigger base)
The stock market soared due to both, because lower wages will bring down prices and more workers will mean more buyers)
The time is golden for the GOP to cut the Biden Spending idiocy (which takes only one branch of government)while awaiting a wholesale government takeover in 2 years.
Times are very encouraging.

Translation:  RedStainWart is preparing for another Insurrection in two years.
When was the first one?
At his age time is in short supply. 
I am 47
His grasp of basic economics is in even shorter supply.
IOW nothing new here.
The economics I posted are in junior high school textbooks.
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 2795