Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764265 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3450 on: March 11, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 11, 2021, 03:34:07 PM »

Official US Army Twitter account in response to... Tucker Carlson making fun of women in the armed forces.

But yeah, lets see what he hs to say about the murder of George Floyd...

Perhaps Kid can explain why Carlson, who apparently believes himself a super patriot, feels compelled to mock people who literally volunteer to die for their country.   Though I suppose Carlson's long dedicated military service allows him the latitude to do so.  Wait....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 03:37:12 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: March 11, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »

If tucker did a special where he was water boarded, hooked up to a Bolivian telephone, then water boarded again, I would totally watch. I would also tune in if he were being pecked to pieces by chickens. Otherwise he’s terrible as an entertainer and useless as a source of information.

As a Jew, is it worse to be pro-Palestine or pro-mayo?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: March 11, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »

DT today:

Meghan and Prince Harry's close friend has said there are “emails and texts” to support claims of gross misconduct in the royal family.

Actor Janina Gavankar, who has been a friend of Meghan’s for 17 years, warned there was more to come from the couple.
But she denied that they were trying to “nuke” the Royal Family while Prince Philip, 99, remained in hospital with a heart problem.

#####

Well that's nice, because to many people that seems what was going on.

When asked if there were more claims, Ms Gavankar replied: “I didn’t plan to say this much but I really do feel like we’re in a new era”.
“We get to tell the truth, things are different now.”

Ms Gavankar, who received permission from Meghan to speak with ITV, said that she was disappointed with the Queen’s statement.
“And though their recollections may vary ours don’t because we lived through it with them and there are many emails and texts to support that.”

“The truth will come out, there’s plenty of emails and texts about that.
“I’m just happy that it’s actually getting looked into because the truth really does set you free.”

#####

Indeed.
"The truth will set you free".

Fairness, transparency, and justice demand that all the said emails and texts be released.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 11, 2021, 06:36:30 PM »

If tucker did a special where he was water boarded, hooked up to a Bolivian telephone, then water boarded again, I would totally watch. I would also tune in if he were being pecked to pieces by chickens. Otherwise he’s terrible as an entertainer and useless as a source of information.

I know Josh is an adamant anti-mayote  I'm more inclusive and encourage the integration of mayo with tuna, turkey or bacon, and certain other lunch meats. but not the traditional Jewish deli meats.

As for Palestinians and mayo, I think the two are not mutually exclusive, but in my humble opinion, Palenstinians are best served with pita and hummus.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 06:50:50 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: March 11, 2021, 06:43:39 PM »

I know Josh is an adamant anti-mayote  I'm more inclusive and encourage the integration of mayo with tuna, turkey or bacon, and certain other lunch meats. but not the traditional Jewish deli meats.

As for Palestinians and mayo, I think the two are not mutually exclusive, but in my humble opinion, Palenstinians are best served with pita with hummus.

No, no, no! That causes explosive diarrhea!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: March 11, 2021, 06:46:25 PM »

As for Palestinians and mayo, I think the two are not mutually exclusive, but in my humble opinion, Palenstinians are best served with pita with hummus.

My Bubbee used to make fresh Mayo from scratch to serve with her fish balls also from scratch. A versatile and under appreciated condiment is Mayo.

Your service to the Palestinians is appreciated. No chick pea left unground.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: March 11, 2021, 06:47:56 PM »

No, no, no! That causes explosive diarrhea!

Being that basic and that racist makes you a class A bracist. Good job!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 11, 2021, 06:49:45 PM »

Who says Republicans don't have a sense of the absurd ?

As Dems and President Biden put together a $1.9T relief plan largely aimed at helping the poor and middle class, people out of work, stressed out families strugglling with the various needs of children, aide to help small businesses and revenue challenged cities and towns all over America, and without one vote of support from a single Republican member of the House or Senate,

" Senate Republicans have unveiled their own proposal to help “working Americans.”

We’re joking, of course. The GOP’s big idea, unveiled this week by Republican senators and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, is a repeal of the estate tax.

That’s a tax paid by 2,500 of America’s 153 million tax filers, all of whom are (or were) among the richest Americans. Also, 100% of those on whom the tax is levied are dead when the bill arrives.
To owe any tax at all, an estate has to be worth more than $11.7 million. About one-fifth of the total taxable estates are worth $50 million or more.

These are the supposed victims of what Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), one of the advocates of the repeal, calls “the most unfair tax on the books.

Priorities!

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-03-10/gop-estate-tax-reform-lies
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 06:59:07 PM by bankshot1 »

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: March 11, 2021, 06:54:32 PM »

Crimea River!
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 11, 2021, 07:44:25 PM »

DT today:

[
CONFUSION OVER MEGHAN’S PASSPORT

Meghan Markle took at least 13 personal trips overseas after she started dating Prince Harry — despite claiming during her bombshell TV tell-all that the palace took her passport away when she joined the royal family, according to a report.

The Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey that she handed over her passport when she joined the royal fold in 2016.

“You couldn’t just go. You couldn’t. I mean, you have to understand, as well, when I joined that family, that was the last time, until we came here, that I saw my passport, my driver’s license, my keys,” Markle said.

“All that gets turned over. I didn’t see any of that anymore,” she added.

But insiders told The Sun that the 39-year-old visited at least 10 different countries as a tourist — and must have presented her passport.

Besides Queen Elizabeth II, all members of the royal family are required to have a passport on foreign trips, according to the outlet, which reported that Markle flew off on 13 holidays after she started seeing Harry, including jaunts to New York, Ibiza, Botswana, Italy and Amsterdam.

#####

"The truth will set you free."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #3464 on: March 11, 2021, 07:46:59 PM »

Both mayo and hummus are welcomed in the Bart household, but Dijon mustard rules.   Mayo does make a good buffer with Dijon, softening the burn.   The salmonella potential of mayo puts it in a higher risk category than the other two.   Vegan mayo (which some consider an abomination, but is really fairly tasty)  presents no threat.   

Hummus needs generous amounts of lemon juice to get the right tanginesss.  And cold pressed EV olive oil is best.   Cheap olive oil can ruin it.   

I'm sure this all relates to the Biden administration and I will focus on that as soon as I make a sandwich and eat it.   

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 2929