Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2540 2541 [2542] 2543 2544 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653191 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #38115 on: November 30, 2023, 10:02:27 AM »

Hell is just a little bit fuller tonight.
True Story. It was May of my junior year in college, and a few of us were watching the news in a friend's dorm room. There was a story regarding the death of an aged relative of a political figure, a Truman perhaps. As only 20 year olds who fashion themselves as cynics can do, we mocked the report. Who cares, she was 90 report real news, that sort of thing. The very next story was of the death of Bob Marley. We were struck with the perhaps induced by substance realization the we killed Bob Marley: God had taken him in revenge for our mocking the death of another human being. I am reminded of this because God has taken revenge on my mocking Kissinger's death with this:

Shane MacGowan, The Pogues Frontman, Dies Aged 65
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/shane-macgowan-the-pogues-dead_n_65687be5e4b066e398b6a5ad

My favorite part of that was it referring to FoNY as "festive".

You scumbag, you maggot/
You cheap lousy word that rhymes with maggot/
Happy Christmas your arse/
I pray God it's our last.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NrAwK9juhhY

Of course, Kristy is dead these 23 years now.

I might as well point out that I consider everything about the Pogues's debut full length second album to be perfect, from the title (Rum, Sodom and the Lash) to the cover with the band member's heads swapped into The Raft of the Medusa, mutilated genitalia and all; from the epic Sick Bed of Cuchulainn to the best version of the Australian national anthem, And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda. It was like the Chieftains had become addicted to speed and developed an intractable drinking problem.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:28:26 AM by Hairy Lime »
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38116 on: November 30, 2023, 10:31:34 AM »

Kirsty MacColl's death remains of the saddest I've ever heard about.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #38117 on: November 30, 2023, 10:39:31 AM »

All the candidates but Joe Biden admit there is a crisis because of his liberal open door policy interpretation. Marching in the street for Hamas where did they come from? Inflation and spending because of aliens why? American citizens sleeping in the streets in order to make room for newcomers why? The myth that millions and millions of workers are needed huh! Cheap labor to destroy unions are not needed.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38118 on: November 30, 2023, 10:41:43 AM »

True Story. It was May of my junior year in college, and a few of us were watching the news in a friend's dorm room. There was a story regarding the death of an aged relative of a political figure, a Truman perhaps. As only 20 year olds who fashion themselves as cynics can do, we mocked the report. Who cares, she was 90 report real news, that sort of thing. The very next story was of the death of Bob Marley. We were struck with the perhaps induced by substance realization the we killed Bob Marley: God had taken him in revenge for our mocking the death of another human being. I am reminded of this because God has taken revenge on my mocking Kissinger's death with this:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/shane-macgowan-the-pogues-dead_n_65687be5e4b066e398b6a5ad

You scumbag, you maggot/

I might as well point out that I consider everything about the Pogues's debut full length second album to be perfect, from the title (Rum, Sodom and the Lash) to the cover with the band member's heads swapped into The Raft of the Medusa, mutilated genitalia and all; from the epic Sick Bed of Cuchulainn to the best version of the Australian national anthem, And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda. It was like the Chieftains had become addicted to speed and developed an intractable drinking problem.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38119 on: November 30, 2023, 10:43:41 AM »

You scumbag, you maggot/

Nice song, for the first half of it.
Pity it couldn't have continued in a romantic and happy way...instead of descending into misery.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38120 on: November 30, 2023, 10:45:25 AM »

All the candidates but Joe Biden admit there is a crisis because of his liberal open door policy interpretation. Marching in the street for Hamas where did they come from? Inflation and spending because of aliens why? American citizens sleeping in the streets in order to make room for newcomers why? The myth that millions and millions of workers are needed huh! Cheap labor to destroy unions are not needed.
"When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies".

- William of Baskerville

In another political climate luee would be staging a kristallnacht.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38121 on: November 30, 2023, 10:48:06 AM »

You scumbag, you maggot/

Pity it couldn't have continued in a romantic and happy way...instead of descending into misery.
Try reality.

- William of Baskerville

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38122 on: November 30, 2023, 10:49:57 AM »

Indeed.
100% exactly correct, couldn't have put it better myself.

It must be very disheartening for many Americans.
No wonder gun ownership in America has increased.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38123 on: November 30, 2023, 10:52:53 AM »

You scumbag, you maggot/

Try reality.

Try having all songs about Christmas happy ones.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #38124 on: November 30, 2023, 10:55:23 AM »

A functioning party of ideas would propose a policy, put forward legislation and work out a fix with people who have a different view. This version of Repos just wants to use the issue for political ends, not fix it. And blaming the other party for their inaction is part of that.

The post-policy platform is where fascism really incubates. 

Catching up with posts, saw your Hell got fuller comment.  Also, Heaven getting some good Celtic punk vocals today, with Shane McGowan. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #38125 on: November 30, 2023, 11:00:40 AM »

Posted prematurely.  FoNY was festive?  That's pretty funny.  Thumb up to rest of your Pogue comments. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #38126 on: November 30, 2023, 11:05:00 AM »

Died saving her son's life.  The powerboat owner did not receive justice imo. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38127 on: November 30, 2023, 11:06:11 AM »

Apparently Saudi Arabia is still going to normalise relations with Israel, after the war is over.
And as such so are the other Arab countries in the region, except maybe Iran.
It was either US General Jack, or another expert told Sky News last night.
They also said that the Arab world is running a mile from Hamas, that Hamas went way too far with its attacks, atrocities, and kidnappings against Israel.
Yesterday in Jerusalem, two men (suspected Hamas) got out of a car and shot 3 people dead at a bus stop.
Time to build walls in Jerusalem, deport people, separate people by secure walls.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38128 on: November 30, 2023, 11:07:18 AM »

Died saving her son's life.  The powerboat owner did not receive justice imo.

Rich and powerful people often don't.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38129 on: November 30, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »

You scumbag, you maggot/

Try reality.

Try having all songs about Christmas happy ones.
Try having all people have a happy Christmas. Because they do not and forced conviviality is not helpful. But there is a reason why The Apartment is my favorite Christmas movie.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 2540 2541 [2542] 2543 2544 ... 2787