Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2746 2747 [2748] 2749 2750 ... 2779

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 651183 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41205 on: May 30, 2024, 05:59:03 AM »

If a couple of jurors are nearly as fucking stupid as the putrid defendant, trump stands a reasonable chance of skating on some felonies in this case.

Trump expects to lose.

Mother Teresa could not beat these charges, Trump said to a gaggle of reporters in the hallway. These charges are rigged. The whole thing is rigged.

Don John is counting on his legion of saps to see his Guilty verdict as the
Greatest Miscarriage of Justice in the History of Jurisprudence.
Their checkbooks will fly open and Trump will head for his next Trial.

A jury of 12 in dyed in the wool blue state NY.   
What chance does he have?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41206 on: May 30, 2024, 08:11:55 AM »

If a couple of jurors are nearly as fucking stupid as the putrid defendant, trump stands a reasonable chance of skating on some felonies in this case.

Trump expects to lose.

Mother Teresa could not beat these charges, Trump said to a gaggle of reporters in the hallway. These charges are rigged. The whole thing is rigged.

A pretty good chance, actually. Of the four sets of felonies, this is the weakest case. And there is no actual reason to believe the jury will not do its job. Trump is making those kind of claims in case he loses and you are buying them because you swallow his regurgitated worms like you were a baby pigeon and he your mother.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41207 on: May 30, 2024, 11:04:08 AM »

Trump expects to lose.

A pretty good chance, actually. Of the four sets of felonies, this is the weakest case. And there is no actual reason to believe the jury will not do its job. Trump is making those kind of claims in case he loses and you are buying them because you swallow his regurgitated worms like you were a baby pigeon and he your mother.

Trump had his chance to take the stand and make his own case.
The reason he did not: He knows he is Guilty!  QED.
I would not draw that conclusion, even with Trump. I have known plenty of criminal lawyers and I have never known any that wanted their client to testify 3xcept when there was no feasible alternative. And Trump has been and is so all over the place in his thoughts and comments that if I was his attorney I I would keep him off the stand even if what he was going to say was the absolute, unvarnished unequivocal truth.

- William of Baskerville

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #41208 on: May 30, 2024, 11:19:42 AM »

Trump expects to lose.

I would not draw that conclusion, even with Trump. I have known plenty of criminal lawyers and I have never known any that wanted their client to testify 3xcept when there was no feasible alternative. And Trump has been and is so all over the place in his thoughts and comments that if I was his attorney I I would keep him off the stand even if what he was going to say was the absolute, unvarnished unequivocal truth.
All true, but this is Trump.  His lawyers have very little control over him, and I doubt it was they who convinced him not to testify.  I'm pretty sure it was his own recognition that testifying would only make things worse is the reason that he's not taking the stand.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41209 on: May 30, 2024, 11:44:32 AM »

Trump expects to lose.

All true, but this is Trump.  His lawyers have very little control over him, and I doubt it was they who convinced him not to testify.  I'm pretty sure it was his own recognition that testifying would only make things worse is the reason that he's not taking the stand.
Yeah, I think he recognizes how much he lies and has lied about so many things that testifying in a trial is basically an invitation to a perjury charge.

- William of Baskerville

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41210 on: May 30, 2024, 12:10:22 PM »

The battle of the unfit continues. Donald refuses to testify just rails at judge. Santa Joe wants to create a special immigration program for Palestinians. Wouldnt that be lovely?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41211 on: May 30, 2024, 01:16:24 PM »

The battle of the unfit continues.

Are you still fighting with yourself?

Dementia diaper don got caught red handed. That is his problem in this case. It is even more of a problem for him with the documents he stole.

He will always be known as complainer and thief if for nothing else his inability to get more votes than any opponent he has ever faced or will face in any election.

The public would greatly benefit by seeing him drawn and quartered by electric tractors.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 01:19:35 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41212 on: May 30, 2024, 01:52:15 PM »

Donald refuses to testify just rails at judge.
Which is the  ultimate Trump game plan, even to the consternation of his defense lawyers.
Trump trumpets the ultimate unfairness of the trial and is confident that any conviction will be wiped out on appeal.
But the Presidency is a prize he cannot afford to wait on.

Note that his criticisms of Bragg, Biden, and the Judge during the trial have been followed by a steady rise in his poll numbers.

Losing at trial will only increase his rants of RAILROADED VICTIM and Biden has vowed to call him CONVICTED FELON any chance he can.

Will it work in the favor of Trump?  It has so far.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41213 on: May 30, 2024, 01:59:19 PM »

Trump wants to be tried postmortem. America wants speedy trials. I would like to see both parties get their wish in this matter.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41215 on: May 30, 2024, 02:24:43 PM »

Donald refuses to testify just rails at judge.
Which is the  ultimate Trump game plan, even to the consternation of his defense lawyers.
Trump trumpets the ultimate unfairness of the trial and is confident that any conviction will be wiped out on appeal.
But the Presidency is a prize he cannot afford to wait on.

Note that his criticisms of Bragg, Biden, and the Judge during the trial have been followed by a steady rise in his poll numbers.
Nope. Trump's overall rate and margin have remained pretty constant for the course of the trial. Looking at all of them as an aggregate, per 538, he was 43.1, + 2.1 on April 1. 41.s and + 1.5 now. But don't let the facts bother you. Just go vote for him.

By the way, since you love polls, 56% of Americans think Trump is guilty of felonies in the NY vase.

Losing at trial will only increase his rants of RAILROADED VICTIM and Biden has vowed to call him CONVICTED FELON any chance he can.

No it has not. Personally I suspect, and the polling bears me out, that a conviction in this case will have little effect on the race. For the same reason that people as a whole did not hold perjury against Clinton. A lot of people's response is sort of, yeah, I would lie about that too.

- William of Baskerville

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41216 on: May 30, 2024, 02:34:08 PM »

No it has not.
Yes it has in the opinion of Donald Trump.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41217 on: May 30, 2024, 02:39:26 PM »

A conviction should not cost trump more than four or five points in his national standing. Republican  unity and the popular positions they take on eliminating social security and criminalizing pregnancy could theoretically allow them to crawl back to somewhere.

The important thing is to demolish republican operations before they get into their more serious plans to cheat and destroy as much civilization as possible in order to avoid accountability and preserve the powers they use to propagate evil.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41219 on: May 30, 2024, 02:46:39 PM »

No it has not.
Yes it has in the opinion of Donald Trump.
I have no interest in alternate realities.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 2746 2747 [2748] 2749 2750 ... 2779