Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2790 2791 [2792] 2793 2794

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 656213 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41865 on: July 02, 2024, 12:59:07 PM »

Biden reveals how his campaign money is to  be spent in the event of his dropping out if the race.

Nearly all of it would go to VICE President Harris since the money was raised by the Biden/Harris Campaign.
If she is not the Candidate then any other Candidate would not be entitled to it since donors expressly gave it to Biden/Harris.

Another reason why seeking a new candidate at this point is such a long shot.

I think most republicans  would be happy with Harris as the opponent if the GOP can win the House so the four years of a Harris Administration would produce little change while giving the GOP to build a strong 2028 candidate.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 01:01:03 PM by jmmengel »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41866 on: July 02, 2024, 02:01:38 PM »

Biden reveals how his campaign money is to  be spent in the event of his dropping out if the race.

Nearly all of it would go to VICE President Harris since the money was raised by the Biden/Harris Campaign.
If she is not the Candidate then any other Candidate would not be entitled to it since donors expressly gave it to Biden/Harris.

I think most republicans  would be happy with Harris as the opponent if the GOP can win the House so the four years of a Harris Administration would produce little change while giving the GOP to build a strong 2028 candidate.

Good luck with that scenario.

If Harris wins the election you can bet the remnants of the Red Wave of 2022 will be left high and dry by the women pissed about Dobbs, the Independents scared by the Imperial Court and the folks who get pulled along in the rapidly improving economy all the Republicans voted against.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41867 on: July 02, 2024, 02:14:47 PM »

Biden should in the vital security interests of the United States lock up right leaning foreign agents including all registered republicans from October through the following February in open air holding camps in the Rockies. It is his Constitutional duty to preserve and protect the Constitution. Republicans remain the most forceful and proximate threat. Now that the Supreme Court has elected him God King, it is time for President Biden to bring civilization to the unruly savage hordes of the GOP. For the ringleaders the renditions should be extra extraordinary.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41868 on: July 02, 2024, 02:31:03 PM »

Good luck with that scenario.

If Harris wins the election you can bet the remnants of the Red Wave of 2022 will be left high and dry by the women pissed about Dobbs, the Independents scared by the Imperial Court and the folks who get pulled along in the rapidly improving economy all the Republicans voted against.
The bigger issue is all of the people waiting out the Biden Presidency to take on Harris in 28. Think they will sit on the sideline with the prospect of 32 being their slot? Ambition i made of sterner stuff then that. The convention would be a blood bath. Granted, that would be a fun watch, but the convention is already late this year, and whoever gets chosen will have little time to fund raize, get known and campaign. The continual 4 year campaign for presidency does have the benefit of vetting the candidate and thinning the herd.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #41869 on: July 02, 2024, 03:04:26 PM »

Love me 1874 and Emmy L., Such an optomistic time after the Civil War. The Great Colossus was a perfect expression of the time. But please mass immigration is a big negative in 2024.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #41870 on: July 02, 2024, 03:12:10 PM »

...Granted, that would be a fun watch, but the convention is already late this year, and whoever gets chosen will have little time to fund raise, get known and campaign. The continual 4 year campaign for presidency does have the benefit of vetting the candidate and thinning the herd.

If torch were passed to anyone other than Harris, it would need to be one of the handful that already have a national profile (Newsom, Whitmer, e.g.) and could plausibly do a whirlwind campaign and get donors to willingly transfer their refund checks.  For the vast bulk of voters who get political info from ads and social media tidbits, the other governors and senators are virtually unknowns.  And I would imagine even cabinet members like Raimondo or Buttigieg are Gina Who or Pete Who to much of the electorate.  As to shortness of campaign duration I am not convinced that is entirely a negative so far as many voters are concerned.  I know a fair number of people who do not think about candidates at all until the onset of fall ads. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41871 on: July 02, 2024, 03:35:39 PM »

News Item

Former President Donald Trump s sentencing in his hush money case is delayed until September while the judge weighs whether the Supreme Court immunity ruling affects his conviction.

The judge, Justice Juan Merchan, said in a letter Tuesday that Trump would be sentenced on Sept. 18. The sentencing had previously been scheduled for July 11, just days before the beginning of the Republican National Convention.

Merchan said he would rule on whether the high court s  immunity finding affected the Manhattan case on Sept. 6. 

Trump lawyers had argued that under the SCOTUS ruling, prosecutors would have been barred from presenting evidence including social media posts from the Trump presidency and witness testimony about Oval Office meetings. The lawyers said that this evidence involved acts that would be considered official under the high court

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41872 on: July 02, 2024, 03:37:48 PM »

Love me 1874 and Emmy L., Such an optomistic time after the Civil War. The Great Colossus was a perfect expression of the time. But please mass immigration is a big negative in 2024.

Yeah, so optimistic both Republicans and Democrats fucked over the recently freed Blacks withe Compromise of 1877.

Because of a tie in the 1876 election that came down to Florida, (Florida, Florida, Florida!) the Republicans and candidate Rutherford Hayes cut a deal with Democrat Samuel Tilden and agreed to withdraw the federal troops from the South in return for the presidency.
The Southerners no longer had to worry about the Army protecting Black folks so Goodbye Reconstruction! Hello Jim Crow!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41873 on: July 02, 2024, 03:38:50 PM »

...Granted, that would be a fun watch, but the convention is already late this year, and whoever gets chosen will have little time to fund raise, get known and campaign. The continual 4 year campaign for presidency does have the benefit of vetting the candidate and thinning the herd.

If torch were passed to anyone other than Harris, it would need to be one of the handful that already have a national profile (Newsom, Whitmer, e.g.) and could plausibly do a whirlwind campaign and get donors to willingly transfer their refund checks.  For the vast bulk of voters who get political info from ads and social media tidbits, the other governors and senators are virtually unknowns.  And I would imagine even cabinet members like Raimondo or Buttigieg are Gina Who or Pete Who to much of the electorate.  As to shortness of campaign duration I am not convinced that is entirely a negative so far as many voters are concerned.  I know a fair number of people who do not think about candidates at all until the onset of fall ads.

What are Refund Checks?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41874 on: July 02, 2024, 04:41:14 PM »

Yeah, so optimistic both Republicans and Democrats fucked over the recently freed Blacks withe Compromise of 1877.

Because of a tie in the 1876 election that came down to Florida, (Florida, Florida, Florida!) the Republicans and candidate Rutherford Hayes cut a deal with Democrat Samuel Tilden and agreed to withdraw the federal troops from the South in return for the presidency.
The Southerners no longer had to worry about the Army protecting Black folks so Goodbye Reconstruction! Hello Jim Crow!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41875 on: July 02, 2024, 05:24:35 PM »

A lot negative, I would suggest.

Something pursued at one's own very substantial risk.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41876 on: July 02, 2024, 05:37:11 PM »

Yeah, but your knowledge of America comes solely from deliberately slanted bitch videos on YouTube you already agree with and are mentally incapable of analyzing.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41877 on: July 02, 2024, 05:55:58 PM »

Yeah, but your knowledge of America comes solely from deliberately slanted bitch videos on YouTube you already agree with and are mentally incapable of analyzing.

Bambu, study about Alexis de Tocqueville and read what he wrote about America, he believed that America was great because a poor person from Europe could come to America and could clean themselves up and study, etc, and could join the American Aristocracy, the poor people from all around the world can clean themselves up and they can learn and study and they can join the upper class in America. One example of a poor man getting rich in America was Frank Capra, one of my favorite filmmakers of all time, he came from a poor family from Sicily, Italy, and he came to America and he studied and he worked hard and he rose to the very top in Hollywood and was awarded with an Oscar. Poor people from Europe can succeed in America, and Alexis de Tocqueville loved America.

America is a special place, and is one of a kind, it is the only place where all people are created equal, and all men have a chance to succeed.

There is a famous brain surgeon who was an illegal immigrant from Mexico, he worked in the fields, and he went to school, and ended up becoming a great brain surgeon here in America.

And we need to have altruistic companies which help the homeless and which help their communities, and which make America better, etc.

And we have Kiwanis International, and the Catholic Church, and UNICEF, and other good groups to help people.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 06:00:41 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #41878 on: July 02, 2024, 09:18:20 PM »

What are Refund Checks?

If a candidate has dropped out, they can simply refund the money to their donors. They can also donate it to political allies, political parties, or (with a 2,000 dollar limit) other candidates.

https://www.fec.gov/about/mission-and-history/

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41879 on: July 02, 2024, 09:22:07 PM »

What are Refund Checks?

If a candidate has dropped out, they can simply refund the money to their donors. They can also donate it to political allies, political parties, or (with a 2,000 dollar limit) other candidates.

https://www.fec.gov/about/mission-and-history/
Refunds are voluntary  and , in this case, cannot be given to other presidential candidates.
Pages: 1 ... 2790 2791 [2792] 2793 2794