Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660251 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41910 on: July 04, 2024, 11:23:39 PM »

The Brits woke up and saw the light. They are tired of being a primitive nation after fourteen years and have withdrawn all trust from conservative vampire frauds propped up by right wing media. Putin is sad, but not as sad as he will be in November.

2024 will be remembered as the year of the conservative trail of tears.

Yes, the dumb Conservatives beat themselves.
They were dead in the water the minute they announced that stoopid "mandatory national service for everyone when they turn 18" policy.
Foolish in the extreme, most people were never going to vote their children into that, and most young people were never going to vote themselves into it.
Game over, election over, on that policy alone.
They got wiped out, kicked out of office.
If I'd been advising them and they'd asked me, I would've told them "are you nutz?"
"People won't vote for that, it's a crazy idea".

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41911 on: July 05, 2024, 12:49:50 AM »

14 years of terrible economic, social, and environmental policy along with the widely anticipated terrible results that followed is what the Tories got drummed out for. The national service proposal neither hurt nor helped a party that had become nothing but a monstrous unfunny joke as conservative parties do everywhere they manage to steal power.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41912 on: July 05, 2024, 10:35:02 AM »

I can't  wait to see the miracles the leftist Starmer govt is going to perform.
Sir Keir Starmer...a Knighthood...sounds like a Conservative.

He/Labour govt (left, far left) will soon discover that barking one-liners from the sidelines and promising 'change' is not successful governance.
It's what Albo inc did in bambuworld, but when it came to successful governance, failed miserably.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41913 on: July 05, 2024, 11:05:03 AM »

While I am not a huge fan of England, and while the USA fought against England twice, and while I support Ireland, Spain, and Argentina, instead of England, I would rather salvage whatever is good about England and simply let the bad go away. Emma Samms was beautiful, and I loved the movie that she made with Cheech Marin "A Shrimp on the Barbie" in Australia. Bob Hope was from England, and Elizabeth Taylor was from England. Led Zeppelin is from England, and many other good bands. Alfred Hitchcock was from England, and so was Bennie Hill, and some other greats. Monty Python was cool. Harry Potter is cool. There are many good things about England.

Meanwhile, England should never have left the European Union, and England should rejoin the EU, especially with the problems presented by Russia.

Also, the refugees from the Middle East can relocate to Canada, to the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, etc. Canada is huge, while the population of Canada is very small, Canada has lots of room for the refugees.

And for England, they need schools, and music schools, for their people, and lot of libraries, etc.

Also, England needs to make peace with Pope Francis and with the Roman Catholics, and we need to work together on mutually beneficial operations.

On the issue of their teeth, etc, the British need to start eating oranges everyday like the French and Italians, oranges are good for your teeth, and cheese, etc. The Romans had good teeth even though they did not have dentists and tooth-brushes, etc.

I hope that England will improve on the good things, while eliminating the bad things. And I hope that we can work together as a team with England on mutually beneficial operations, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 11:15:07 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41914 on: July 05, 2024, 11:17:11 AM »

While I am not a huge fan of England, and while they USA fought against England twice, and while I support Ireland, Spain, and Argentina, instead of England, I would rather salvage whatever is good about England and simply let the bad go away. Emma Samms was beautiful, and I loved the movie that she made with Cheech Marin "A Shrimp on the Barbie" in Australia. Bob Hope was from England, and Elizabeth Taylor was from England. Led Zeppelin is from England, and many other good bands. Alfred Hitchcock was from England, and so was Bennie Hill, and some other greats. Monty Python was cool. Harry Potter is cool. There are many good things about England.

Meanwhile, England should never have left the European Union, and England should rejoin the EU, especially with the problems presented by Russia.

Also, the refugees from the Middle East can relocate to Canada, to the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, etc. Canada is huge, while the population of Canada is very small, Canada has lots of room for the refugees.

And for England, they need schools, and music schools, for their people, and lot of libraries, etc.

Also, England needs to make peace with Pope Francis and with the Roman Catholics, and we need to work together on mutually beneficial operations.

On the issue of their teeth, etc, the British need to start eating oranges everyday like the French and Italians, oranges are good for your teeth, and cheese, etc. The Romans had good teeth even though they did not have dentists and tooth-brushes, etc.

I hope that England will improve on the good things, while eliminating the bad things. And I hope that we can work together as a team with England on mutually beneficial operations, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Not to mention that England/UK today is arguably America's greatest ally.
U.S. cannot alone fight China/Russia/NKorea and all their allies..but with a Coalition Of US Aligned Nations...can.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41915 on: July 05, 2024, 11:44:39 AM »

I rode the train one day with a Scientist, it was so cool to be able to talk with someone who was smart and educated, I spend so much time with uneducated people and with Spanish Speaking people, and alone, that it is really great when I get to talk with smart and educated people. You guys are my access to educated people at times sometimes. I want to marry a smart and educated wife so we can work together as a team on mutual goals but also so we can entertain each other with educated conversation. Anyhow, I was on the train talking with this really cool and smart Scientist, he worked at China Lake in a Laboratory that I helped to build and he helped to develop Laser Eye Surgery, and we were talking about who is privy to top secret information, and he said that his wife was British and that the British are privy to top secret information. He said that what he is working on now is using the technology that we use on our ports and borders to see atomic weapons, etc, to cure cancer. That is his specialty is applying science from technology to serve medical purposes, he helped invent Laser Eye Surgery, and now he is working to cure cancer. He said he lives in a beautiful home on the beach. He encouraged me to keep sending my ideas to people.

Anyhow, the Scientist said that England is a great ally, and England is privy to top secret information, and he even married a British wife.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41916 on: July 05, 2024, 01:43:28 PM »

He/Labour govt (left, far left) will soon discover that barking one-liners from the sidelines and promising 'change' is not successful governance.
It's what Albo inc did in bambuworld, but when it came to successful governance, failed miserably.

It is very disappointing that you have yet to be eaten by wild dogs.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41917 on: July 05, 2024, 03:08:17 PM »

The British all move to America when they get rich, even the Beatles.

I was told that taxes are high and oppressive in England, and that it did not pay to work extra hard or to put in extra hours, they said there was no incentive. America used to have high taxes on the top wage earners, but Reagan and others lowered the taxes. Roy Rogers was paying super high taxes. But now it is lower. And I just asked Siri, and Siri said that the top tax bracket in the USA is 37% and that it is 39% in England, so they are close to the same. England could improve incentives by lowering taxes. Also, lower interest on Business Loans.

And just like in California, England needs to clean things up for the Tourists, and protect the tourists.

Just those two things alone would help England; lower taxes, and have a clean and safe environment for the tourists.

And of course, schools and libraries are always a plus.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41918 on: July 05, 2024, 03:59:09 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/05/us-added-206-000-jobs-in-june-in-a-sign-of-continued-economic-strength-00166606

US economy added another 200K jobs. We are still the envy and the engine of the world.

Thank you Santa Joe for your excellent judgment and policy decisions.

Four more terms!

Richard P. Feynman

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #41919 on: July 05, 2024, 04:10:51 PM »

...it was so cool to be able to talk with someone who was smart and educated, I spend so much time with uneducated people and with Spanish Speaking people, and alone, that it is really great when I get to talk with smart and educated people.

Apparently in Tony s world smart and educated people and Spanish-speaking people are mutually exclusive categories.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41920 on: July 05, 2024, 05:02:13 PM »

It is very disappointing that you have yet to be eaten by wild dogs.

Two wild dog (dingo) puppies were featured on my tv news the other day...super cute they were/are.

I read thru the Labour Party UK policy promises ...'5 Missions' manifesto.
Most of it reads fine.
'Border security' was mentioned. Wonder how it's going to achieve that other than by shipping the people-smuggled/self-smuggled asylum-seekers  away to another country for processing, Rwanda?
"Offshore processing".

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #41921 on: July 05, 2024, 05:32:32 PM »

UK Labour Party ...
"Mission 2:
Make Britain a clean energy superpower

...to cut bills, create jobs, and deliver security with cheaper, zero-carbon electricity by 2030, accelerating to net zero."

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41922 on: July 05, 2024, 05:42:10 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/7/5/2250335/-13-states-with-Republican-governors-opt-out-of-summer-food-program-for-kids?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=top_news_slot_1&pm_medium=web

Republican governors upset about the strong economy and growing resistance to their fascist agenda use their powers to starve children.

All together republicans are the Antichrist.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #41923 on: July 05, 2024, 06:02:10 PM »

...it was so cool to be able to talk with someone who was smart and educated, I spend so much time with uneducated people and with Spanish Speaking people, and alone, that it is really great when I get to talk with smart and educated people.

Apparently in Tony s world smart and educated people and Spanish-speaking people are mutually exclusive categories.

In my neighborhood, many of the Spanish speakers do not speak English, they never attended school, and they are working as maids at Disneyland hotels, or they are landscapers, or they are construction workers, etc. But, I used to go to the bodega and drink beer with the guys in the evening.

And in Lancaster I was in a cheap RV Park with the homeless people. The Spanish speakers picked onions in the fields, etc, and they were not educated, but I did drink beer with them and we had tacos, etc.

Meanwhile, my Doctor is from the Philippines and he speaks several languages, and the Pharmacists here all have to be bilingual, etc.

( Of note, Latinos are the majority here, White people are in the minority. And all of the school teachers are bilingual, etc, and the clerks at the grocery store are all bilingual, etc. )

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 06:24:24 PM by FlyingVProd »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41924 on: July 06, 2024, 10:52:52 AM »

The Biden interview with Stephanopulos  revealed a comparison between the President and Captain Queeg.
Donald Trump has had similar criticisms.
A good indication why neither is fit to lead.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 11:06:24 AM by jmmengel »