Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2800 2801 [2802] 2803 2804 ... 2850

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 694796 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42015 on: July 11, 2024, 12:10:10 PM »

Bidenites are incredibly delusional. Homelessness is not an issue. No inflation, what crimes surely not involving drugs or sex trafficking. Wars no everyone respects Joe too much. He is not a stumbling,mumbling 80 year old. Just a head cold.
Based on your description, "Bidenites" are not delusional.  You are, because as described "Bidenites" are a fantasy you have created.
Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.

There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one's head spin. But the way to really be despicable is to be contemptuous of other people's pain.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42016 on: July 11, 2024, 12:39:08 PM »

Bidenites are incredibly delusional. Homelessness is not an issue. No inflation, what crimes surely not involving drugs or sex trafficking. Wars no everyone respects Joe too much. He is not a stumbling,mumbling 80 year old. Just a head cold.

I have a hard time figuring if you are ignorant or just a dick.

Homelessness is an issue because there is a housing shortage for the working poor that exponentially exacerbates an existing problem of not enough funding for dealing with the mentally ill. This is a problem Republicans refuse to solve.

Inflation? Within one percentage point of Federal reserve goal of 2.0%. 
https://www.voanews.com/a/us-consumer-inflation-eases-to-3-0-in-june/7693859.html

Crime? violent crime from January to March dropped 15.2% compared to the same period in 2023, while murders fell 26.4% and reported rapes decreased by 25.7%. Aggravated assaults decreased during that period when compared to last year by 12.5%, according to the data, while robberies fell 17.8%.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/10/us/us-violent-crime-rates-statistics/index.html

Putin is trying to be the new Czar Peter the Great and re-establish the Russian Empire. He will not stop with Ukraine. Allowing him to continue with his goals would be akin to allowing Hitler to annex the Sudetenland.

Putin is getting his ass kicked in Ukraine (Kyiv would fall in five days - 2022) and is now depending on North Korea, China and Iran to keep the war effort going and he is spending Russia into a deep hole,

In Israel Netanyahu is taking advantage of the natural outrage from the Hamas attack to get all BIBLICAL (You must remember what Amalek has done to you, says our Holy Bible, and we do remember, Netanyahu said. In the first Book of  Samuel God says to punish the Amalekites, Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys) on the Palestinians as he enacts an urban renewal plan to clear land for Jared Kushner to develop resorts on the Gaza beachfront and whole new towns in the West Bank and fuck all the Palestinians already there.

Joe Biden did Bibi a solid and publicly acted like the stand up guy he is and told the world he Israels back and Bibi spit in his eye and said FUCK YOU Joe! oh and thanks for all the help.

You have no sense or history or understanding of how this world works.

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #42017 on: July 11, 2024, 12:43:06 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/11/new-york-times-trump-unfit

The Times editorial underscores the reasons to view Trump as the candidate most clearly unsuited for office. 

And possibly the reason to view Harris as the one best situated to defeat him, if given the chance.

I am rooting for Joe to get a win, on bringing Gaza peace talks and a ceasefire - it would be good for him to get some boxes checked on a Legacy checklist in the next few months. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #42018 on: July 11, 2024, 12:51:05 PM »

Homelessness is an issue because there is a housing shortage for the working poor that exponentially exacerbates an existing problem of not enough funding for dealing with the mentally ill. This is a problem Republicans refuse to solve.

This was a frequent problem in the second half of my working life, when I switched to social work.  Our culture has nurtured greed for too long.   Gandhi has a great line

There is enough on Earth for everybodys need, but not enough for everybodys greed 

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42019 on: July 11, 2024, 02:01:37 PM »

This was a frequent problem in the second half of my working life, when I switched to social work.  Our culture has nurtured greed for too long.   Gandhi has a great line

There is enough on Earth for everybodys need, but not enough for everybodys greed 
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42020 on: July 11, 2024, 03:02:01 PM »

I see you are still hoping to be named an honorary white person after a fascist coup succeeds in the United States. I hope you are holding your breath.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42021 on: July 11, 2024, 07:16:57 PM »

I see you are still hoping to be named an honorary white person after a fascist coup succeeds in the United States. I hope you are holding your breath.

His points seem very close to the mark...although an increasing number of them are seeing the light, maybe realising just how far Joe's capability to be a competent President has declined.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42022 on: July 11, 2024, 09:18:19 PM »

Improved only 2 name flubs. Big winner Kamala now plus 3 over Trump in the polls.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42023 on: July 11, 2024, 10:48:53 PM »

Improved only 2 name flubs.
That would be pretty much the norm for a 60 year old Biden.

There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one's head spin. But the way to really be despicable is to be contemptuous of other people's pain.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42024 on: July 11, 2024, 11:04:24 PM »

Improved only 2 name flubs. Big winner Kamala now plus 3 over Trump in the polls.

But she's not the candidate for President...yet.
Will be if Obama gets his way.
George reportedly rang Barack before he said anything.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42025 on: July 12, 2024, 03:18:07 AM »

So, can the Party replace President Biden with another candidate before the election?
ie: tap him on the shoulder and say..."We've had a meeting and the vote was that we replace you with another candidate for President in November."

or 

Does President Biden have to resign from office of his own accord before the election to be replaced with another candidate?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sky News told us the answer tonite.
He was elected President by the People and is not subject to anything the majority of the Party might want.
He can dig his heels in and stay in the race....contest the election.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 06:33:30 AM by bambu. »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42026 on: July 12, 2024, 08:54:51 AM »

It happened with LBJ, a disastrous loss for hh. A very different situation.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42027 on: July 12, 2024, 09:12:56 AM »

It's a fair argument that if the 1968 election were held two weeks later or if he had broken with LBJ a week or two earlier, Humphrey would have won the 1968 election.

Not to mention what might have happened if RFK decided not to walk through the kitchen. 

In any event the world would have been incredibly different.

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42028 on: July 12, 2024, 10:58:47 AM »

no 4 dead in ohio

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42029 on: July 12, 2024, 11:06:43 AM »

So, can the Party replace President Biden with another candidate before the election?
ie: tap him on the shoulder and say..."We've had a meeting and the vote was that we replace you with another candidate for President in November."

or 

Does President Biden have to resign from office of his own accord before the election to be replaced with another candidate?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sky News told us the answer tonite.
He was elected President by the People and is not subject to anything the majority of the Party might want.
He can dig his heels in and stay in the race....contest the election.
You seem confused on the difference between staying in office and staying in the race. He does not have to resign to drop out of the race, and his being elected President has nothing to do with the ability to remove him as a candidate. Party rules do. He won all of the delegates in the primaries and caucii and by party rules they are bound to vote for him in the convention unless he releases them. And there is no mechanism to force him to release delegates.

It would actually be easier to remove him from the Presidency. There is a Constitutional process for that, at least for a temporary removal.

Pages: 1 ... 2800 2801 [2802] 2803 2804 ... 2850