Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2822 2823 [2824] 2825 2826 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740883 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42345 on: July 22, 2024, 11:32:56 AM »

Does an opinion piece by one African-American Republican speak for the African-American "community"?
Why would it not?
Okay. One person speaks for the community. Gotcha.
Facts from the
article you did not read

Black Chicagoans of the South Shore neighborhood came out in droves to reject a recent proposal to convert a public high school building into a migrant facility. With chants of build the wall and calling the city council to task for making decisions about us, when none of you live here, Black American South Side residents took a stance against more crime from unvetted migrants, siphoning financial resources away from Black citizens, and imposing unnecessary competition for jobs.

Do gooders have for too long ignored the ways their disproportionate concern for illegal migrants has contributed to noncitizens siphoning resources from the multigenerational Black American communities of Chicagoland and beyond.

That is one of the messages sent by the Black Chicagoans as they spoke out against migrants being inserted into their South Shore Chicago neighborhood Focus on implementation of tangible resources toward Black communities or get out of the way!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 11:36:27 AM by jmmengel »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42346 on: July 22, 2024, 11:34:22 AM »

Wonderful piece thanks for posting. Stating the obvious. I can see where those that follow Biden blindly feel betrayed but wake up Santa Joe is going bye bye into a retirement he richly deserves.Three years late. Two thirds agree that his open door policy has been an unmitigated disaster. Senile man controlled by the fringe element of his party.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42347 on: July 22, 2024, 11:46:35 AM »

Does an opinion piece by one African-American Republican speak for the African-American "community"?
Why would it not?
Facts from the
article you did not read

Black Chicagoans of the South Shore neighborhood came out in droves to reject a recent proposal to convert a public high school building into a migrant facility. With chants of build the wall and calling the city council to task for making decisions about us, when none of you live here, Black American South Side residents took a stance against more crime from unvetted migrants, siphoning financial resources away from Black citizens, and imposing unnecessary competition for jobs.

Do gooders have for too long ignored the ways their disproportionate concern for illegal migrants has contributed to noncitizens siphoning resources from the multigenerational Black American communities of Chicagoland and beyond.

That is one of the messages sent by the Black Chicagoans as they spoke out against migrants being inserted into their South Shore Chicago neighborhood Focus on implementation of tangible resources toward Black communities or get out of the way!

So the entire opinion of one Republican woman, albeit an African-American one, speaks for the entire African-American community?  That's the argument you choose to make.
Gotcha.    I'll keep this in mind and attribute any idiocy spouted by Donald Trump as the opinion of all white folks.

For the record, a statement that: "Do gooders have for too long ignored the ways their disproportionate concern for illegal migrants has contributed to noncitizens siphoning resources from the multigenerational Black American communities of Chicagoland and beyond" is an opinion, not a fact. 

For somebody who prides himself on being nothing more than a dispenser of "facts", you probably want to learn the meaning of the word. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 11:48:15 AM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42348 on: July 22, 2024, 12:03:57 PM »

Why would it not?
Facts from the
article you did not read

So the entire opinion of one Republican woman, albeit an African-American one, speaks for the entire African-American community?  That's the argument you choose to make.
I post facts.
I cannot make you understand them

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42349 on: July 22, 2024, 12:08:48 PM »

Keeping telling yourself that. Just realize that when you do, you're not listening to an intelligent person.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42350 on: July 22, 2024, 12:21:26 PM »

Surely the Black community would be wanting integrity restored at the Southern border...and all the cheap labour immigrants prevented from entering.

I have seen qualified veterans denied services because they can walk and talk a little. This is by the VA. Clearly Biden is obsessed with needy illegals to the cost of everyone else. Mumble, stumble, duh.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42351 on: July 22, 2024, 12:26:07 PM »

Keeping telling yourself that. Just realize that when you do, you're not listening to an intelligent person.
What kind of intelligent person changes  Black Chicagoans came out in droves to protestas the  view of a SINGLE person?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42352 on: July 22, 2024, 12:29:19 PM »

What kind of intelligent person changes  Black Chicagoans came out in droves to protestas the  view of a SINGLE person?
Anyone who read anything else in the article except the attendance stuff.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42353 on: July 22, 2024, 12:36:28 PM »

Isn't it possible that "Black Chicagoans" who didn't come "in droves" view things differently? Aren't they part of the African-American community, too?   Or do you count the African American community as only those who agree with her? 

Nice job twisting your initial assertion which was that her essay spoke for the African-American community.  Again, if it's your argument that the opinion of one African-American Republican woman (or even the alleged "droves" of Black Chicagoans" who attended) speaks for entirety of the African-American Community, your initial argument, then you're a moron.  Even if that's not your argument, and you care to change it, you're a moron anyway.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 01:06:58 PM by Yankguy1 »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42354 on: July 22, 2024, 01:11:33 PM »

Joe Manchin would have been appealing to republicans, me included.

Fuck that guy!

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42355 on: July 22, 2024, 01:28:06 PM »

Why would it not?

There are Negroes who will never fight for freedom. There are Negroes who seek profit for themselves alone from the struggle. There are even some Negroes who will go over to the other side. These facts should distress no one. Every minority and every people has its share of opportunists, traitors, freeloaders and escapists. The hammer blows of discrimination, poverty and segregation must warp and corrupt some. No one can pretend that because a people may be in oppressed, every individual member is virtuous and worthy. The real issue is whether in the great mass the dominant characteristics are decency, honor and courage.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42356 on: July 22, 2024, 01:44:45 PM »

Isn't it possible that "Black Chicagoans" who didn't come "in droves" view things differently? Aren't they part of the African-American community, too?   Or do you count the African American community as only those who agree with her? 

Nice job twisting your initial assertion which was that her essay spoke for the African-American community.
Which it did since she documented their protests . You simply  ignored them.  Bambu made a point. I offered anecdotal support.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42357 on: July 22, 2024, 02:01:37 PM »

You offered the opinion of one African American (supported by alleged "droves" of others).  Again, not the opinion of the African American "community" (apparently another word you don't know the meaning).

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42358 on: July 22, 2024, 02:03:42 PM »

Why would it not?
Facts from the
article you did not read

Something omitted from the article is the CRISIS is caused directly by the public relations operation run by Gov. Abbott by busing migrants north without any effort to coordinate logistics. Also no mention of Chicago activist Cata Truss, an operative on the GOP payroll who was principal organizer of the protests complete with ringers yelling Build The Wall That was a dead give away.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 02:07:41 PM by LarryB! »

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42359 on: July 22, 2024, 02:05:03 PM »

Wonderful piece thanks for posting. Stating the obvious. I can see where those that follow Biden blindly feel betrayed but wake up Santa Joe is going bye bye into a retirement he richly deserves.Three years late. Two thirds agree that his open door policy has been an unmitigated disaster. Senile man controlled by the fringe element of his party.

You are such a sucker
Pages: 1 ... 2822 2823 [2824] 2825 2826 ... 2917