Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2824 2825 [2826] 2827 2828 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740972 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42375 on: July 22, 2024, 07:42:04 PM »

http://www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-voters-pac-announces-support-kamala-harris-1928198

Passion on the left and conversions from the right. America might have a fighting chance against the party of trump and assorted criminals after all.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42376 on: July 22, 2024, 08:07:32 PM »

http://www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-voters-pac-announces-support-kamala-harris-1928198

Passion on the left and conversions from the right. America might have a fighting chance against the party of trump and assorted criminals after all.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42377 on: July 22, 2024, 08:12:54 PM »

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42378 on: July 22, 2024, 09:16:07 PM »

For somebody who decrees identity politics at every turn, you look like an idiot arguing that one persons opinion (even if supported by droves) constitutes the opinion of the entire community.

You are in fine fettle lately.

Watch for angry bleats from Jimdick if Kamala calls the slightest attention to her ancestry or gender in any context at any time in the next three months.  (I suspect she will mostly avoid the topic) 

Be sure if Kamala says I loved the Tamil dishes my mother cooked for us Jimdick will be seized with paroxysmal outrage at identity politics!!

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42379 on: July 22, 2024, 09:50:19 PM »

For somebody who decrees identity politics at every turn, you look like an idiot arguing that one persons opinion (even if supported by droves) constitutes the opinion of the entire community.

Watch for angry bleats from Jimdick if Kamala calls the slightest attention to her ancestry or gender in any context at any time in the next three months.  (I suspect she will mostly avoid the topic) 

Be sure if Kamala says I loved the Tamil dishes my mother cooked for us Jimdick will be seized with paroxysmal outrage at identity politics!!

He will love this!

https://youtu.be/WDRgZzkKUP8?si=2Msf6XceIXAUHZWb

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42380 on: July 22, 2024, 10:04:38 PM »

Obama won twice and race was never an issue in the general election. He just impressed voters more on policy issues than McCain or Romney. Interestingly the cheap shots against him came during the primaries from fellow democrats.
Hillary did not lose because she was a woman, in fact, if anything,  she was aided by that. She lost to the Trumpian appeal to working voters, and her disgusting put down of republican voters.
Biden chose Harris as Veep because he vowed to pick a woman. Biden won on his own, though. He swore to be a steady hand and voters were tired of Trump.
Now we have a mess created by failed Biden policies and desperate democrats trying to save the House and the Senate more than the Presidency. Identity politics have no place in this election.  Kamala Harris is no longer an unknown candidate. She has to prove, instead, that the administration she was second in command for  the last three years is capable of righting the ship that 66 per cent of country feels is headed in the wrong direction.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42381 on: July 22, 2024, 10:10:34 PM »

It's perfectly clear that Black Americans in serious numbers, males with only a high school education in particular, are losing jobs and having their wages and living standards depressed by cheap labor migrants pouring in over the Southern border.

The sixty four dollar question is ...

will they will vote for Trump, or for his leftist opponent and more of the same?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #42382 on: July 22, 2024, 10:58:11 PM »

Obama won twice and race was never an issue in the general election. He just impressed voters more on policy issues than McCain or Romney. Interestingly the cheap shots against him came during the primaries from fellow democrats.
Hillary did not lose because she was a woman, in fact, if anything,  she was aided by that. She lost to the Trumpian appeal to working voters, and her disgusting put down of republican voters.
Biden chose Harris as Veep because he vowed to pick a woman. Biden won on his own, though. He swore to be a steady hand and voters were tired of Trump.
Now we have a mess created by failed Biden policies and desperate democrats trying to save the House and the Senate more than the Presidency. Identity politics have no place in this election.  Kamala Harris is no longer an unknown candidate. She has to prove, instead, that the administration she was second in command for  the last three years is capable of righting the ship that 66 per cent of country feels is headed in the wrong direction.

ROFL

Nice alternate history spin of the last 16 years.

Your characterization of the Biden administration is laughable fiction.  Now there is only one old dude in the race and his sidekick is a mini me who is now dead weight.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42383 on: July 22, 2024, 11:11:03 PM »

I am waiting to hear Kamala's stance on immigration. Doubt she could possibly so misled. Bigots are those saying she is the same or worse than Santa Joe. She is in her political prime and does not owe the fringe element of the dems anything but the back of her hand.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42384 on: July 22, 2024, 11:24:52 PM »

ROFL

Your characterization of the Biden administration is laughable fiction.  Now there is only one old dude in the race and his sidekick is a mini me who is now dead weight.
66 per cent say Biden headed us in the wrong direction. Kamala Harris was his top assistant.
Joe decided not to go down  with the ship.
So Kamala, the left of center progressive, will soon be in charge but she will need to figure out a way to appeal in all 50 states, not just the lock step marching of the Golden State. Good luck with that.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42385 on: July 23, 2024, 01:56:07 AM »

I am waiting to hear Kamala's stance on immigration. Doubt she could possibly so misled. Bigots are those saying she is the same or worse than Santa Joe. She is in her political prime and does not owe the fringe element of the dems anything but the back of her hand.

It is not a question of if you will feel let down by her policy preference but when.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42386 on: July 23, 2024, 07:41:32 AM »

I'm guessing that anything less than Trump's proposals of shooting border crossers in the legs would not be sufficient for Luee.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42387 on: July 23, 2024, 09:04:50 AM »

Obama won twice and race was never an issue in the general election.
The Hell it wasn't. McCain and Romney did not make much of it because they both had a modicum of class, but the undercurrent was always there with voters and opportunistic hacks and wannabe authoritarians who pushed the birther lie. Some of the worst claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii who could not believe the things they were finding.
He just impressed voters more on policy issues than McCain or Romney. Interestingly the cheap shots against him came during the primaries from fellow democrats.
The more and more I hear what Trump and his allies say about Democrats like me the less and less I feel any empathy for anyone objecting to Clinton correctly, factually, noting that a lot of Trump supporters were deplorable. And the number of people offended that remark who were not already Trump supporters is statistically zero.
Biden chose Harris as Veep because he vowed to pick a woman.
As always, choosing a Veep to demographically balance the ticket only matters when that candidate lacks balls and a penis and has an excess of melanin.
Biden won on his own, though. He swore to be a steady hand and voters were tired of Trump.
Now we have a mess created by failed Biden policies and desperate democrats trying to save the House and the Senate more than the Presidency.
Snicker. Biden has our economy the envy of the world. Record job growth, low unemployment. So many people forget what the economy was like in 2021 2hen he took over,, and what the timeline was thought to be for recovery. He turbocharged our economy to bring us back far faster than anyone thought.
Identity politics have no place in this election.
Tell that to JD Vance. Of course, we all know what "identity politics" actually means.
Kamala Harris is no longer an unknown candidate. She has to prove, instead, that the administration she was second in command for  the last three years is capable of righting the ship that 66 per cent of country feels is headed in the wrong direction.
I think she can make the case effectively. The numbers are on her side.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 09:12:42 AM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42388 on: July 23, 2024, 09:07:30 AM »

It's perfectly clear that Black Americans in serious numbers, males with only a high school education in particular, are losing jobs and having their wages and living standards depressed by cheap labor migrants pouring in over the Southern border.
Record job growth under Biden and historically low sustained unemployment rates, and.3specially unemployment rates for African Americans, say that comment is bull shit.

The sixty four dollar question is ...

will they will vote for Trump, or for his leftist opponent and more of the same?
More of the same. Because they will recognize the real enemy.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42389 on: July 23, 2024, 09:08:43 AM »

ROFL

66 per cent say Biden headed us in the wrong direction. Kamala Harris was his top assistant.
Joe decided not to go down  with the ship.
So Kamala, the left of center progressive, will soon be in charge but she will need to figure out a way to appeal in all 50 states, not just the lock step marching of the Golden State. Good luck with that.
No, five or six states. The same 5 or 6 Trump needs.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 2824 2825 [2826] 2827 2828 ... 2917