Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2874 2875 [2876] 2877 2878 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740851 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43125 on: August 23, 2024, 12:46:49 PM »

Harris did well in her CONVENTION speech.
It would been BOFFO is she was running against Biden.

Red has come around to endorsing Biden as he starts to appreciate all the good work the President has done in his term to reverse the decay and decline suffered in the United States under the most recent republican administration.
I think RedDick's Trump worship has gotten out of hand when he starts capitalizing random words just like his idol.

Woman Police Officer Gladys Moss: You capitalize your Fs.

Rose Gooding: It looks better. Is there some sort of rulebook that says which letters you capitalize and which ones you don't, and when?

Woman Police Officer Gladys Moss:  ...yes.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43126 on: August 23, 2024, 01:06:54 PM »

Still waiting for WLL.  Library ordered it two months ago - is it shipped via mule team?

Trump resuscitated Boffo back in 2020.

There has never been a time in either of my two Campaigns when I felt we had a stronger chance of winning than we do right now. Early voting reports look far stronger than originally anticipated. Every RALLY is BOFFO. MarkMeadows  and team are doing a fantastic job.

(on Twitter, Oct 19, 2020) 

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43127 on: August 23, 2024, 01:13:51 PM »

Still waiting for WLL.  Library ordered it two months ago - is it shipped via mule team?

Trump resuscitated Boffo back in 2020.

There has never been a time in either of my two Campaigns when I felt we had a stronger chance of winning than we do right now. Early voting reports look far stronger than originally anticipated. Every RALLY is BOFFO. MarkMeadows  and team are doing a fantastic job.

(on Twitter, Oct 19, 2020) 
I liked the movie, but the wait may make it seem a letdown. The best part of that interaction, which does not show up in a quote, is the look on Jessie Buckley's face at the end. Granted, "the look on Jessie Buckley's face" would be the best part of a lot of things.

Boffo is a word ripped from the headlines of a 1940's edition of Variety. Along with the all caps it makes me wonder if RedDick just did a C&P from a Trump tweet.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 01:20:59 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #43128 on: August 23, 2024, 01:30:15 PM »

Santa Joe made the right choice she obviously was better looking than the grand orange, with positive energy that poured through. Had to say yes to some of Santa's weird obsessions. Yeah sure we really need 300k more Venezuelans. Take from everywhere to fund mass immigration.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43130 on: August 23, 2024, 02:37:50 PM »

Luee makes me a little stronger in my support of compulsory civic education for all Americans every time he posts.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43131 on: August 23, 2024, 03:29:11 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/8/23/2265255/-This-Conspiracy-is-Real-Breaking-news-from-the-DOJ?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=trending&pm_medium=web
You know, lost in the economist hand wringing over companies losing the right to price gouging is the absolute bat shit idiocy of Trump's tariff proposal. Trump seems rather stupidly unaware of who actually pays the tariffs, which is dumbfounding for someone who spent four years imposing them. Foreigners do not pay tariffs. Not foreign countries, not foreign companies. Tariffs are paid by the importer, not the exporter. Americans will be paying the tariffs. And for people who argue against every tax on corporations as being ultimately paid by the consumer to ignore the inflationary effect at a time when inflation is a huge issue in the campaign is hypocritically hilarious.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43132 on: August 23, 2024, 04:07:22 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/8/23/2265255/-This-Conspiracy-is-Real-Breaking-news-from-the-DOJ?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=trending&pm_medium=web
You know, lost in the economist hand wringing over companies losing the right to price gouging is the absolute bat shit idiocy of Trump's tariff proposal. Trump seems rather stupidly unaware of who actually pays the tariffs, which is dumbfounding for someone who spent four years imposing them. Foreigners do not pay tariffs. Not foreign countries, not foreign companies. Tariffs are paid by the importer, not the exporter. Americans will be paying the tariffs. And for people who argue against every tax on corporations as being ultimately paid by the consumer to ignore the inflationary effect at a time when inflation is a huge issue in the campaign is hypocritically hilarious.
Tariffs are just one of the reasons TRUMP does not get my vote.
As for the article referenced. It was full of economic nonsense. The credibility of KOS has never  been very high since it insists on publishing articles its staff has not even read.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43133 on: August 23, 2024, 04:18:53 PM »

I do not believe you. I suspect.no one here does. Though I am glad you recognize the mortifying stupidity of Trump's proplsal.
As for the article referenced. It was full of economic nonsense. The credibility of KOS has never  been very high since it insists on publishing articles its staff has not even read.
Then I have that in common with them, assuming the article was more than two paragraphs.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 04:21:22 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43134 on: August 23, 2024, 04:57:39 PM »

I do not believe you. I suspect.no one here does. Though I am glad you recognize the mortifying stupidity of Trump's proplsal.
Then I have that in common with them, assuming the article was more than two paragraphs.

The key paragraph is a little farther down,

So, just today the Biden-Harris Department of Justice filed suit against Harlan Crow and his RealPage software for violating the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. California, Colorado, Minnesota, North Carolina and Washington, as well as other states joined the suit. Notice, all those states have Democratic Party governors and/or AGs

RealPage is a service that facilitates landlords in illegally colluding to Jack up rents.

Lowering rents for hardworking Americans can be accomplished by screwing Harlan Crow as bigly as possible.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43135 on: August 23, 2024, 06:59:06 PM »

Trump tariff thinking, like most of his boasting, is ego driven.Tariffs  are universal and can be adopted for a number of reasons,
(But I do feel amused that the Trump Tariffs were left untouched by BIDEN WHO ALSO has left the Tax Cuts in place  as well.)

Now we have Kamala railing against tariffs and labeling them a sales tax on the middle class.
Tariffs are certainly not a national sales tax because they only apply to imported goods, which make up a small portion of the goods and services purchased by U.S. consumers.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 07:03:26 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43136 on: August 23, 2024, 07:09:24 PM »

Trump tariff thinking, like most of his boasting, is ego driven.Tariffs  are universal and can be adopted for a number of reasons,
(But I do feel amused that the Trump Tariffs were left untouched by BIDEN WHO ALSO has left the Tax Cuts in place  as well.)

Now we have Kamala railing against tariffs and labeling them a sales tax on the middle class.
Tariffs are certainly not a national sales tax because they only apply to imported goods, which make up a small portion of the goods and services purchased by U.S. consumers.
Small portion, maybe, but the poorer you are the higher the percentage of your spending. Looked at the label on your clothes lately?
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43137 on: August 23, 2024, 07:17:10 PM »

Harris did well in her CONVENTION speech.
It would been BOFFO is she was running against Biden.

The only thing BOFFO was the ketchup that splattered the wall at Mar a Largo when Trump threw his dinner plate.

WHERE IS HUNTER?

Donald Trump Truth Social 10:35 PM EST 08/22/24 @realDonaldTrump
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 07:26:59 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43138 on: August 23, 2024, 07:42:11 PM »

Small portion, maybe, but the poorer you are the higher the percentage of your spending.
WOW! What a concept. So does taxing the rich more make poorer people less poor?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 07:46:08 PM by jmmengel »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43139 on: August 23, 2024, 07:49:37 PM »

RFK JR joins the Trump campaign.
Another misstep by the DNC comes home to roost.
Pages: 1 ... 2874 2875 [2876] 2877 2878 ... 2917