Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2875 2876 [2877] 2878 2879 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740834 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43140 on: August 23, 2024, 09:45:38 PM »

RFK JR joins the Trump campaign.
Another misstep by the DNC comes home to roost.
LOL. Brain worms find each other.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43141 on: August 23, 2024, 09:47:09 PM »

Trump tariff thinking, like most of his boasting, is ego driven.Tariffs  are universal and can be adopted for a number of reasons,
(But I do feel amused that the Trump Tariffs were left untouched by BIDEN WHO ALSO has left the Tax Cuts in place  as well.)

Now we have Kamala railing against tariffs and labeling them a sales tax on the middle class.
Tariffs are certainly not a national sales tax because they only apply to imported goods, which make up a small portion of the goods and services purchased by U.S. consumers.
Small portion, maybe, but the poorer you are the higher the percentage of your spending.
WOW! What a concept. So does taxing the rich more make poorer people less poor?
The value of any tool is in what you do with them.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43142 on: August 23, 2024, 10:00:20 PM »

Trump tariff thinking, like most of his boasting, is ego driven.Tariffs  are universal and can be adopted for a number of reasons,
(But I do feel amused that the Trump Tariffs were left untouched by BIDEN WHO ALSO has left the Tax Cuts in place  as well.)

Now we have Kamala railing against tariffs and labeling them a sales tax on the middle class.
Tariffs are certainly not a national sales tax because they only apply to imported goods, which make up a small portion of the goods and services purchased by U.S. consumers.
Small portion, maybe, but the poorer you are the higher the percentage of your spending.
so how did Biden do?
2/3rds of country feel we are headed in the wrong direction?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43143 on: August 23, 2024, 10:14:58 PM »

HV4H

Gotta love it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43144 on: August 23, 2024, 10:18:54 PM »

I do not want to be the one to tell him that 50 million out of the last 51 million jobs created in this country came about under tax and spend liberalism.

It might break his poor little whatever

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43145 on: August 23, 2024, 10:19:51 PM »

so how did Biden do?
Great! Thank you Joe!
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43146 on: August 23, 2024, 10:26:13 PM »

I do not want to be the one to tell him that 50 million out of the last 51 million jobs created in this country came about under tax and spend liberalism.

It might break his poor little whatever
7 of the last 8 recessions.came under Republican presidents.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43147 on: August 23, 2024, 11:03:55 PM »

so how did Biden do?
Great! Thank you Joe!
So great the party coup sent him the basement

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #43148 on: August 23, 2024, 11:53:46 PM »

President Biden is still running the country and helping it continue to do better than it has under any republican president in living memory.

Some people are still around who can remember stuff from quite long ago, even as far back as when some Americans believed republicans had an ounce of integrity between them.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43149 on: August 24, 2024, 06:40:20 AM »

Yes!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43150 on: August 24, 2024, 06:48:51 AM »

Yeah

All the Trump donors floating his campaign can now cut larger checks for Trump.
Kennedy voters can now give their votes directly to Trump.
As they say the GOP os increasingly weird, embracing a guy has in his brain a dead worm that ate a piece of said brain. We will not discuss BBQd dogs or staged bear cub carcasses

Yeah. Dems should have embraced that guy and his anti vax conspiracy theory steroid juicing self
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43151 on: August 24, 2024, 07:05:56 AM »

so how did Biden do?
Great! Thank you Joe!
So great the party coup sent him the basement

The rightwing is still salty they cannot run against Joe because now Trump is the oldest guy in the race.
Meanwhile Uncle Joe is free to run the nation until noon January 20, 2025 at which point president Harris will shovel dirt on the rotting corpse of the GOP

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43152 on: August 24, 2024, 08:08:24 AM »

Yeah

All the Trump donors floating his campaign can now cut larger checks for Trump.
Kennedy voters can now give their votes directly to Trump.
As they say the GOP os increasingly weird, embracing a guy has in his brain a dead worm that ate a piece of said brain. We will not discuss BBQd dogs or staged bear cub carcasses

Yeah. Dems should have embraced that guy and his anti vax conspiracy theory steroid juicing self
Thanks for confirming.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #43153 on: August 24, 2024, 10:34:22 AM »

Even when posters dont place a slash S after a sentence, it should be possible to detect sarcasm. 

What Dems might have done is backchannel more money to RFKjr and promise him a cabinet post (just make one up) in order to keep him spoiling 2-4% of Trump votes.  People voting for Harris were never going to vote for Pork Tapeworm Proxy Jr.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43154 on: August 24, 2024, 11:26:44 AM »

Even when posters dont place a slash S after a sentence, it should be possible to detect sarcasm. 

What Dems might have done is backchannel more money to RFKjr and promise him a cabinet post (just make one up) in order to keep him spoiling 2-4% of Trump votes.  People voting for Harris were never going to vote for Pork Tapeworm Proxy Jr.
So why did the dems drive RFK to Trump.? Why did the dems diss Dean Phillips?
Neither was  a threat to Biden or Harris in a primary.

Because Biden or Harris would have had to defend their  record in the primary.
And that could have been messy. Phillips was not silent about  the old age infimitives of Biden  and Harris wanted nothing to do with defending her non existent policy goals against  fellow democrats.

Easier to dump democracy, something the dems  do not care about anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 2875 2876 [2877] 2878 2879 ... 2917