Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2880 2881 [2882] 2883 2884 ... 2914

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 739505 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #43215 on: August 28, 2024, 03:05:50 PM »

Anyway, one reason Harris did not.stage.a photo op at Arlington Cemetery Monday may be that, unless her opponent she respects the law and the sacred nature of Arlington:

Federal law prohibits political campaign or election related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign,

The real question is, why does Trump continue to disrespect the military?

Anyway, one reason Harris did not.stage.a photo op at Arlington Cemetery Monday may be that, unless her opponent she respects the law and the sacred nature of Arlington:

Federal law prohibits political campaign or election related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign,

The real question is, why does Trump continue to disrespect the military?

CNN Reports

Family members of the slain soldiers had given approval for a Trump photographer and videographer to be present at the service .

We thank President Donald J. Trump for his presence at the recent Section 60 gathering, honoring our children and their fallen brothers and sisters,
on the three year anniversary of the Abbey Gate bombing.
The President and his team conducted themselves with nothing but the utmost respect and dignity for all of our service members, especially our beloved children.

We had given our approval for President Trump s official videographer and photographer to attend the event, ensuring these sacred moments of remembrance were respectfully captured and so we can cherish these memories forever continued. We are deeply grateful to the president for taking the time to honor our children and for standing alongside us in our grief, offering his unwavering support during such a difficult time.
His compassion and respect meant more than words can express.
The Cemetery's rules are for everyone. Trump ignored them. That some family members are fine with being a campaign prop are not relevant.

Where was Trump's compassion and respect and unwavering support last year, or the year before, or at any time other than a campaign photo op? He does not and never has supported any troops outside of his personal need.

Where was Kamala or Biden? President and Vice President too busy to commemorate the deaths of our own while serving  our Country.?
Both issued statements rather than use the deaths for a campaign photo op. Unlike Trump, they respected the Cemetery's policies against using it for partisan purposes.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43216 on: August 28, 2024, 03:28:05 PM »

]Both issued statements rather than use the deaths for a campaign photo op. Unlike Trump, they respected the Cemetery's policies against using it for partisan purposes.
And Trump asked the family for permission to be present.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43217 on: August 28, 2024, 03:32:07 PM »

]Both issued statements rather than use the deaths for a campaign photo op. Unlike Trump, they respected the Cemetery's policies against using it for partisan purposes.

The family did not have permission to violate the policy of no photo or video for partisan political purposes
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43218 on: August 28, 2024, 03:35:32 PM »

The family did not have permission to violate the policy of no photo or video for partisan political purposes
And you know this how?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43219 on: August 28, 2024, 03:56:44 PM »

And you know this how?
I guess you missed this statememt from Arlington National Cemetery yesterday:

Federal law prohibits political campaign or election related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign... Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants.

Trump does not care about the restrictions on this sacred ground any more than he cares about the 13.service members his agreement with the Taliban caused,.which is proven by his absence from any prior commemoration of their deaths as well as what you know as well as I do will be his absence from any future ones. He only cares about himself and his election.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43220 on: August 28, 2024, 04:06:40 PM »

Both  issued statements rather than use the deaths for a campaign photo op. Unlike Trump, they respected the Cemetery's policies against using it for partisan purposes.
LOL
The issue at Arlington was not about attending, but using it for campaign purposes.
The video et al from the commemoration was recorded by  the news media as it was news event and part of the Daily News cycle.

As always TDS makes  you look silly.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 04:10:04 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43221 on: August 28, 2024, 04:28:26 PM »

Both  issued statements rather than use the deaths for a campaign photo op. Unlike Trump, they respected the Cemetery's policies against using it for partisan purposes.
LOL
The issue at Arlington was not about attending, but using it for campaign purposes.
The video et al from the commemoration was recorded by  the news media as it was news event and part of the Daily News cycle.
Exactly. Trump illegally and without regard for the sanctity of the Cemetery used it for campaign purposes and Harris properly respected the Cemetery and did not.

As always, your claim that you do not support Trump proves your continuing status as an intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43222 on: August 28, 2024, 04:31:11 PM »

And you know this how?

ROFLMAO

Because it has been against the law for as long as there has been federal laws regarding National Cemeteries.There are no waivers.

Trumps only defense was to claim, via campaign spokesman Steven Cheung, that the official attempting to enforce the law was clearly suffering from a mental-health episode,and that the campaign was prepared to release footage of the confrontation to support its account of the clash, while refusing several requests to supply said footage.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/donald-trump-section-60-arlington-national-cemetery.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43223 on: August 28, 2024, 04:38:12 PM »

And you know this how?

ROFLMAO

Because it has been against the law for as long as there has been federal laws regarding National Cemeteries.There are no waivers.
I think you need to do more research on common sense.
There is no such LAW.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43224 on: August 28, 2024, 04:38:23 PM »

Of all the things Red tries to defend Trump for this seems the most inexplicable. Yep, Red, nothing to see here. TDS!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #43225 on: August 28, 2024, 04:40:28 PM »

Of all the things Red tries to defend Trump for this seems the most inexplicable. Yep, Red, nothing to see here. TDS!!!
Trump needs no defense.
He did nothing wrong.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43226 on: August 28, 2024, 04:46:06 PM »

Sure. Uh hmm. TDS!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43227 on: August 28, 2024, 04:50:03 PM »

Trump needs no defense.
He did nothing wrong.
I think it is RedDick and the MAGA crew who really suffer from TDS. He is so far up the Donald's ass in his hero worship he is coming out through his nose.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #43228 on: August 28, 2024, 04:51:21 PM »

And you know this how?

ROFLMAO

I think you need to do more research on common sense.
There is no such LAW.
Arlington National Cemetery begs to differ.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43229 on: August 28, 2024, 04:54:45 PM »

The cemetery staff will cite the specific statute in the report they are filing if you do not feel like looking it up yourself.

The treason weasel is really falling off his game.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 2880 2881 [2882] 2883 2884 ... 2914