Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657111 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4710 on: April 02, 2021, 06:21:15 PM »

Let’s see.
You need an ID to pick up tickets to attend a baseball game. Or to get a beer inside once you’re there. But MLB is moving the all star game because you need an ID to vote in Georgia?
From Atlanta which stands to reap $millions in economic benefits in a city that is 88% Black?

No

They pulled out because the GOP legislature gave themselves the power to over rule county election boards if they don’t like the outcome of the vote

Corporations may figure citizens in an autocracy ain’t gonna be big consumers.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: April 02, 2021, 06:21:41 PM »

Let’s see.
You need an ID to pick up tickets to attend a baseball game. Or to get a beer inside once you’re there. But MLB is moving the all star game because you need an ID to vote in Georgia?
From Atlanta which stands to reap $millions in economic benefits in a city that is 88% Black?

They don't need the cash.  Federal government taking care of em.

Freddie been on yet?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:25:57 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: April 02, 2021, 06:23:01 PM »

Let’s see.
Let’s see. Do you actually think about what you’re plagiarizing?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4713 on: April 02, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »

BTW

Cop witnesses tied 100 pounds of lead to the Chauvin defense and tossed it into the deep part of the nearest Great Lake.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: April 02, 2021, 06:35:10 PM »

Red sees very little.

He sees what he wants to see and ignores everything else.

GA Republican party's aim is to suppress urban and suburban voting, areas that have become increasingly Democratic, through many different means. IDs, fewer days to vote, shorter voting hours, fewer drop boxes, and less access to the drop boxes. No water or food can be given to voters forced to wait for hours.

The Repubs have settled on a solution to a problem they have a problem fixing. How do we win elections as a minority party?

The problem isn't voter fraud, The problem is the fraudulent intent of the Republican Party. 

And as has become increasingly obvious Republicans are afraid of democracy.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: April 02, 2021, 06:43:58 PM »

Let’s see.
Let’s see. Do you actually think about what you’re plagiarizing?
Say what? Do you not even know what Driver’s Licenses
(or free state issued ID’s) are needed for in the 21st century?  Are you also ignorant of American demographics? Seems so.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:55:55 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: April 02, 2021, 06:50:13 PM »

Let’s see.....I guess the answer to my question is “no.”  You need to find better and smarter sources to steal your words from.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:52:29 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: April 02, 2021, 06:57:29 PM »

Let’s see.....I guess the answer to my question is “no.”  You need to find better and smarter sources to steal your words from.
I can’t steal facts.
I am sorry you are ignorant of them.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4718 on: April 02, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »

I can’t steal facts.

LOL

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: April 02, 2021, 07:16:51 PM »

Her ya go, bambu...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2021/03/31/church-fishing-trip-sexual-misconduct/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlynborysenko/2020/02/12/the-dark-side-of-metoo-what-happens-when-men-are-falsely-accused/?sh=5f11219d864d

The Dark Side Of #MeToo: What Happens When Men Are Falsely Accused

Stories have since come out showing that upwards of 60% of men are afraid to mentor women at work, fearing what will happen if they meet behind closed doors without a third party present.
 According to research from the Pew, a majority of respondents—both male and female—said that the movement has made it harder for men to know how to interact with women in the workplace.

#####

Workplace, church place, fishing boat place, fishing place, retirement place, shopping place, footy place, every place.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:18:22 PM by bambu. »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: April 02, 2021, 07:23:00 PM »

BTW

Cop witnesses tied 100 pounds of lead to the Chauvin defense and tossed it into the deep part of the nearest Great Lake.

What defense?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: April 02, 2021, 07:35:41 PM »

In a statement to the Times, Gaetz's office said: "Matt Gaetz refutes all the disgusting allegations completely." Greenberg's attorney declined to comment to the Times.

I dont think this included the allegations of the meeting, with the looking through IDs.

1 : to prove wrong by argument or evidence : show to be false or erroneous. 2 : to deny the truth or accuracy of refuted the allegations.

Definition 2. He denied it.

And no doubt, be believed that the meeting was not what Gaetz thinks of as "disgusting."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: April 02, 2021, 07:48:36 PM »

"Unemployment among people of color remains far too high"

- Acting President Biden

What about the other folk?

If you want a serious discussion of this topic,  you should not give POTUS an insulting title.

Since when has Kid Carter ever wanted a serious discussion?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: April 02, 2021, 07:49:04 PM »

I can’t steal facts.

LOL

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/4/2/2024180/-Increasing-taxes-on-the-wealthy-and-corporations-is-extremely-popular-and-has-been-for-years

The most salient fact surrounding this issue.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: April 02, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »

I loathe right wing monsters in people suits like the ones you mentioned, Uno, in part because their demonization is pure projection. It’s a little sad to watch people muster indignation on their behalf though it’s interesting in a way to see if what does come up is ill informed or insincere.

This is the proper treatment for so many big lie spreaders, though few as disgusting as this guy,

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6066823cc5b6c00165bf9056

Don't you see your invective as "Proper treatment" of the "big lie spreaders" and labeling others as "racist" or "disgusting political pariah" or "fascist" or your other forms of political demonization as doing the exact same thing as those you claim to loathe?

Seems you could use some self-reflection.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:55:55 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 2795