Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765161 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5850 on: April 22, 2021, 07:19:41 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #5851 on: April 22, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »

CNN Attacks Babylon Bee: 'The Internet is Only Big Enough For One Fake News Site'

Right-wing humor is akin to English cooking.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5852 on: April 22, 2021, 07:40:41 PM »

You can smell GOP desperation in the air...

Yapping about the 2nd Amendment while doing their best to crush the 1st

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/21/us/politics/republican-anti-protest-laws.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5853 on: April 22, 2021, 07:48:41 PM »

Interview with PA Republican Seth Grove

C-S: Was there election fraud in 2020?

SG: Yes, there was. They have confirmed cases of election fraud.

C-S: Who committed that fraud in Pennsylvania?

SG: Right, Republicans. But it’s still election fraud. It doesn’t matter who [commits] it. We don’t want that fraud to occur. And to say there wasn’t any is a lie.

Now, I will say there’s not like this mass amount of fraud, that’s going to shift hundreds of thousands of votes. But there was election fraud. We have had repeated, repeated election fraud in this commonwealth for decades.

C-S: This is not the message that, particularly Republican politicians, were giving to their constituents-

SG: Some. Not all.

https://www.penncapital-star.com/civil-rights-social-justice/capital-star-qa-rep-seth-grove-on-election-hearings-voter-fraud-and-the-future-of-reform-in-pa/

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: April 22, 2021, 07:51:01 PM »

Outrage as White cops policing Black neighbourhoods, shooting Black youth/adults?
No worries...have Black cops only, policing Black neighbourhoods.
Could always re-organise society into...White neighbourhoods, Black Neighbourhoods, Latino neighbourhoods, Asian neighbourhoods with cops from those neighbourhoods only policing them.
Painted roads could define the areas of said neighbourhoods.
Voluntary segregation.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: April 22, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »

News Ltd today:

Crunch talks between Prince Harry and senior royals have been put on hold because of constant leaks “from the Sussex side”.
No “meaningful conversations” have taken place since the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral last week, The Sun reports.

Sources say aides still harbour deep misgivings about any future clear-the-air discussions with Harry.
They point to a flurry of articles in the US within hours of his return to California, and have become increasingly alarmed at the speed at which details of private family exchanges have emerged.

On Wednesday, US magazine People carried intimate details of a private phone call between Meghan, one-year-old son Archie and the Queen ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral.

#####

Simple solution...stop talking with them.
Don't answer the phone, don't phone them, don't answer or send emails, don't reply to texts or text them, ignore them.
They've made their bed, time they were made sleep in it.
No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:17:50 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: April 22, 2021, 08:16:46 PM »

So...Joe inc is going to cut your C02 emissions by 50% by 2030..according to what he said at his global climate phone conference yesterday...40+ leaders of nations.
Should be interesting to watch.

bambuland seems to be in his bad books..."insufficient" was levelled at it.

It seemed to be a "mine [% emissions cut] is bigger than yours" meeting. :)
That schoolgirl was there somewhere tossing in her 5 cents worth...said "bull...."...oh dear, not very ladylike.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: April 22, 2021, 08:35:18 PM »

You did that to yourself already. That is why your life is so impoverished, Bambi.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: April 22, 2021, 10:25:29 PM »

You did that to yourself already. That is why your life is so impoverished, Bambi.

My life is just fine.
I did quite well for myself really, give what I started with...and my very slow start in the workforce.
Divine providence, really.
Mild sunny autumn day, about noon...jack russell and I are sharing a recliner, flicking the tv between the "Fixer Upper" and US PGA tour golf.

ScoMo told them that bambuland is ahead of its Paris targets.
Very reasonable speech and plan I thought.
Some US official "growled"..."insufficient".
Seemed like a brag-a-thon...as China, Russia etc said how they were the best.
Joe reportedly said "Now is the time".
2050 is 3 decades from now.
China said '2060'.
US official should "growl" at China.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: April 22, 2021, 10:37:01 PM »

But what about Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Marianas?

Want to add 10 more Senators in Congress, and at least 10 more in the House?
Granting Senators to DC is too much, IMO.

Puerto Rico should be given statehood. This is pretty clear, especially since both major party's platforms have called for it (though the GOP currently only calls for a referendum at this point).

USVI, Guam, and the Marianas have not indicated a desire for statehood. American Samoa's residents are not equivalent - they are not American citizens and their government has indicated that they have no desire to change status.

But even if they were all admitted to the Union, it would not mean more members of the House, necessarily, let alone 10 of them. It would result in reapportionment of the 435 we already have.

DC is larger in population than Wyoming and Vermont. It would likely get one Representative, but not disrupt the whole very much.

Puerto Rico's population is larger than 20 states! They'd likely end up with 4 Representatives and 6 EVs.

That you don't want to give DC voters the right to form a state is hardly shocking.

How do you feel about the US VI?! Or Puerto Rico?

They can join a state. As I said.

No need to give outsized power to it, as creating a state would.

"They can join a state"  would dilute their power if they merged with a current state - as noted, Puerto Rico is larger than 20 current states. If they joined Florida, which is by far the closest to them, while they might get 4 US reps, I imagine they would find their needs shunted aside.

You don't have a reason that PR should not be a state, Ham, other than that it would be a big deal.

What states do you think the USVI or Guam should join?

And why?

I think we have had a miscommunication. The bill was about DC. They can join a state, which it was I contended in my earlier posts. The others are not asking for statehood, yet. Each should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis as to exactly how or why they'd become an integral part of the USA with proper representation in Congress.

"A miscommunication."

I asked "How do you feel about the US VI?! Or Puerto Rico?"

You replied, "They can join a state, as I said."

Your claim is that you simply ignored the direct question?! I can accept that.

"The others are not asking for statehood, yet."

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2021/04/20/puerto-ricans-voted-for-statehood-now-they-are-waiting-on-congress-column/

The USVI has to have a constitution before they can begin the process of pursuing statehood.
"On November 3rd, 2020, the Virgin Islands held a referendum on whether or not to convene a sixth constitutional convention. The proposal was approved with nearly 72% voting in favor."

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: April 22, 2021, 10:39:42 PM »

Aussie simply cannot give Joe "Now" no matter how much he wants it and his official/s seem to be demanding it.
Zero emissions by 2050...was supposed to be the plan...even though many believe that is almost impossible.
China has now added hay to its trade ban list from my world.
Aussie is in a trade etc war with China...just ripped up Victoria state's 'belt and road' agreement with China.
China is angry. Threatening retaliation.
Next thing ScoMo govt should rip up is China's lease on the port of Darwin.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: April 23, 2021, 12:09:19 AM »

You’ll get there by 2035 by buying Chinese or US products.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 2929