Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764185 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6435 on: May 03, 2021, 12:54:20 PM »

Was Tim Scott full of shit then or is he full of shit now?

Then:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/the-senates-only-black-republican-opens-up-about-being-mistreated-by-police/491435/?fbclid=IwAR149ZStBcYMBq_FPu4tbE99hCRDBnbD0mTfrVskAoKsrFF3Req2M-Yl61c

I don't mind that he believes in small government or that his values align with the GOP.  I'm okay with Flat Earthers and snake handlers, too.  Freedom means you can try out any system of cognitive dissonance you want.  But I do mind his equivocations on racism. 

barton

« Reply #6436 on: May 03, 2021, 12:55:05 PM »

Nope

Barton brought the case - only fair Barton follows up rather than hiding from future judgments.

Follow it your damn self.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: May 03, 2021, 01:12:54 PM »

"They didnt plan for the overflow of people coming in from the border"

No shit - since they were not allowing it

YOU allowed it - and all prior to making the proper adjustments, for a political win.

You can defend what you are doing now to make the mass influx more tenable - that's fine.  But why are you critiquing a past system that worked?

During the treasonous misadministration of the racist grifter and thief, people were coming in on $5 DIY ladders. They were hopping the multi-billion dollar failure-fence all the time. Neither you nor the cracker DHS of the trump years have any clue how many got in.

Nice try though, ugly cracker.

The continued use of racial slurs by this poster, who simultaneously claims to be anti-racist, goes unchecked by moderator here.

Not surprised.

But I'd like to hear why this is considered okay by you, josh.

Still struggling with your own punishments, despite very clear statements of what it takes, huh?

Ham, I've asked you folks what you want to be forbidden and gotten little (though not no) feedback. The strongest expressions of what should be banned have been you.

It's pretty funny that you want me to flex my moderator powers when you are the single biggest violator of what few rules and rulings I have made regarding our posters.

I think racial epithets are a good place to drew the line.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: May 03, 2021, 01:41:29 PM »

Damn shame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/05/02/zoom-teacher-george-floyd-racist/

Well then.....

Is this even fact checking?

Good case study for teacher's union.  Keep us posted.

We can't have people telling the truth and fucking up the officially acceptable view of the historically oppressed, can we?

Here is another example of idiocy in action, as future lawyers show that their views don't need to include following the Constitution:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/nyregion/Rutgers-law-school-n-word.html

Why the need to apologize for anything here?

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Can't follow the Constitution, how you gonna be a good lawyer?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: May 03, 2021, 01:42:54 PM »

YOU allowed it - and all prior to making the proper adjustments, for a political win.

You can defend what you are doing now to make the mass influx more tenable - that's fine.  But why are you critiquing a past system that worked?

During the treasonous misadministration of the racist grifter and thief, people were coming in on $5 DIY ladders. They were hopping the multi-billion dollar failure-fence all the time. Neither you nor the cracker DHS of the trump years have any clue how many got in.

The continued use of racial slurs by this poster, who simultaneously claims to be anti-racist, goes unchecked by moderator here.

Not surprised.

Still struggling with your own punishments, despite very clear statements of what it takes, huh?

Ham, I've asked you folks what you want to be forbidden and gotten little (though not no) feedback. The strongest expressions of what should be banned have been you.

It's pretty funny that you want me to flex my moderator powers when you are the single biggest violator of what few rules and rulings I have made regarding our posters.

Really, "Buckwheat"?
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6440 on: May 03, 2021, 01:43:28 PM »

Not surprised.

Calling Senator Tim Scott Uncle Tim is an insult to Uncle Tom. Tim is more like Stephen

Doubling down on the bigotry.

You are who you are, Larry.

A fat loser bigot.

Oh my!

Gonna be 63 this year and some internet asshole called me fat.

Do you think I don’t know?

The first few times that shit happened I felt embarrassed and small. But one day in 8th grade one of the “got any change?” snapped on me about being a fat boy after I ignored it his request. Then he said it again, just like you tried, “I’m talking to you fat boy, you hear me?”

“Yeah I hear you and you’re right. I am fat and you’re fucking ugly, so what? I might lose weight but you’re stuck.”

Okay, Buckwheat.

Have a seat
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6441 on: May 03, 2021, 01:44:05 PM »

Not surprised.

Really, "Buckwheat"?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6442 on: May 03, 2021, 01:45:40 PM »

Damn shame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/05/02/zoom-teacher-george-floyd-racist/

Well then.....

We can't have people telling the truth and fucking up the officially acceptable view of the historically oppressed, can we?

Here is another example of idiocy in action, as future lawyers show that their views don't need to include following the Constitution:

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Why don’t you try being a decent human?

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: May 03, 2021, 01:55:20 PM »

It would destroy his career as a famous ass-clown.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6444 on: May 03, 2021, 01:55:47 PM »

Damn shame.

Well then.....

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Professor Bergelson, who emigrated from Moscow as an adult, said her belief that slurs rooted in racism, bigotry or misogyny should be avoided in class stems from her personal history. Her grandmother, she said, was a journalist who was executed in 1950 by the Stalin regime for associating with the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee. Another relative was executed in 1952.

Professor Bergelson said her mother, who was 16 when her own mother died, never fully recovered from the trauma.

“I certainly grew up in the shadow of this tragedy,” she said. “I am very sensitive to how a word can trigger painful episodes. I would never use the words in class.”

Still, she said, other professors and students should be free to make their own choices.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: May 03, 2021, 02:54:52 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/3/2028751/-Within-weeks-Biden-could-scrap-negotiations-with-Republicans-in-favor-of-passing-his-proposals

Serving the American people is a far higher priority for the administration than negotiating with terrorists and grifters.

Talking to republicans at the White House is what the dogs are for.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: May 03, 2021, 03:56:54 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/3/2028778/-Florida-Republicans-are-so-devoted-to-boosting-Trump-s-hoaxes-they-may-have-screwed-their-own-base

That would be the greatest thing in living memory republicans have done for Florida if it goes far enough to end their hold on power there.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: May 03, 2021, 04:14:53 PM »

Not surprised.

Calling Senator Tim Scott Uncle Tim is an insult to Uncle Tom. Tim is more like Stephen

Doubling down on the bigotry.

You are who you are, Larry.

A fat loser bigot.

Oh my!

Gonna be 63 this year and some internet asshole called me fat.

Do you think I don’t know?

The first few times that shit happened I felt embarrassed and small. But one day in 8th grade one of the “got any change?” snapped on me about being a fat boy after I ignored it his request. Then he said it again, just like you tried, “I’m talking to you fat boy, you hear me?”

“Yeah I hear you and you’re right. I am fat and you’re fucking ugly, so what? I might lose weight but you’re stuck.”

Okay, Buckwheat.

Have a seat

Hey, hey, hey!!!

If you're comfortable with "cracker", then can't bitch about anything coming back your way.

That's the fucking point, Fat Albert.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: May 03, 2021, 04:16:56 PM »

Damn shame.

Well then.....

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Why don’t you try being a decent human?

They're studying to become lawyers, not decent human beings.

But go ahead and deflect from the real issue in that story. It's what you do.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: May 03, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »

Damn shame.

Well then.....

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Professor Bergelson, who emigrated from Moscow as an adult, said her belief that slurs rooted in racism, bigotry or misogyny should be avoided in class stems from her personal history. Her grandmother, she said, was a journalist who was executed in 1950 by the Stalin regime for associating with the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee. Another relative was executed in 1952.

Professor Bergelson said her mother, who was 16 when her own mother died, never fully recovered from the trauma.

“I certainly grew up in the shadow of this tragedy,” she said. “I am very sensitive to how a word can trigger painful episodes. I would never use the words in class.”

Still, she said, other professors and students should be free to make their own choices.

The student quoted from a legal record.

But immediately a petition circulated trying to create an issue where none exists for those who have the capacity to separate quotation from advocation.

Maybe the petitioners aren't cut out to be lawyers.

Trigger was Roy Rogers's horse. He dropped a lot of horseshit along the way, too.

Giddy-up, Trigger.

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 2929