Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758853 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8175 on: May 31, 2021, 06:19:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/31/us/illinois-bill-ban-police-deception-minors-trnd/index.html

An important bill. It should be law everywhere.

Another win for police accountability movements and BLM.

Authoritarian wack jobs feel a little more shrinkage and resentment over this one as they should, seeing as how they are being phased out.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: May 31, 2021, 07:00:08 PM »

Larry, my social justice warrior brother, the fight goes on whether we do or not

http://www.vox.com/22456481/tulsa-race-massacre

Keep marching.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: May 31, 2021, 07:31:47 PM »

We need to teach the children not to let people fight them among themselves when they grow up, like the people do who run prisons so that they can control the prisons, they fight the prison gangs among each other to retain control of the prison. The educated people who are not in prison need to all be equal, with equal rights, and then they cannot fight us against each other because we are all on the same team. All men are created equal.

And you feed the hungry, you do not make them so desperate that they want to die, you make friends by feeding people.

That is what the Bible says, and that is good policy. Like it says in Matthew 25; 31-46.

The starving Muslims from the war zones can go live in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai, and they can work as essential workers.

And the people need to learn how to be peaceful so that they can build wealth instead of destroying everything. 

We gotta teach the children the ways of equality and peace, and we need to feed the hungry.

And sure, paying workers to plant vineyards and orchards and groves, etc, is great, it is great to create jobs for desperate people.

I also support unions for the farm workers. Like the UFW here in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: May 31, 2021, 08:12:34 PM »

Also be sure to remember all the people across the globe that the US killed and maimed and displaced in its endless series of wars.

oh? Like the Nazis? Hirohito's crew? Al Quaeda? Fuck them. And you, idiot.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: May 31, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »

And I too am fully aware of my responsibility in the recent drama, which lasted all of a day and a half.

But the real problem here is lack of moderation and I'm not blaming anyone for that.

There is a lack of moderation, but you should take credit for that.

So should Napoleon, with his newest name.

So should Larry.

But it's not a day and a half. It's largely day in and day out, and hardly restricted to you three.

Mostly, folks don't want to follow either the Elba rules or the rules of civil discourse. Nor do they mostly want me droppin hammers down, but unlike Liq I cannot put posts on moderation where I would see them first. (And even if I could, you all know the bullshit that would follow immediately.)

The sports fora get stupid, but seldom as long and seldom as stupid. Perhaps the "moderate" approach would be to shut down politics until people can agree on rules of decorum, while leaving everything else open.

I don't know.

My newest name is my name.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:19:11 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: May 31, 2021, 08:14:29 PM »

On the issue of Israel, Israel belongs to the Jews, like Vatican City belongs to the Roman Catholic Church.

But, in the USA we are all equal.

We allow the Muslims to have Mecca. We do not prevent them.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: May 31, 2021, 08:49:05 PM »

Josh

My "day and half" comment was re the recent drama. And this week-end squabble with Larry aside, I've cut way back on my posting in this forum. Speaking as a life-long liberal Dem, I found the pc-ness of the Elba's woke crowd laughable, and I mocked it, but at its core is intolerance and fear of not being woke enough.   

But I'll play by any rules imposed, PG, R or X, I prefer R, just as long as balls and strikes are called fairly.
So, you cave.

Sad.

And the response from that crowd of committed leftists here is to run away and create a safe space for talking about politics.

What? It's politics, not tiddlywinks.

The cabal of left-leaners here prompt two quotes to come to mind. 

"A liberal is a man who leaves the room when the fight begins." ---Heywood Broun (Bye, Larry. Bye, Barton.)

And, "Liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."---Lenny Bruce  (Josh, Little Stevie of AZ, the irrelevant Fac, bodidley...)

These guys have shown that they stand for nothing; they only stand against.

To be fair, the idiots on the right remind me of this quote: "In this world of sin and sorrow, there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."---H. L. Mencken

Moderation for political discussion is an imposed morality. And as Oscar Wilde put it, "Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people we personally dislike."

Think about it.

Heal yourself, weaklings.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8182 on: May 31, 2021, 08:50:19 PM »

“American believers should remember and lament the terrible violence of May 31, 1921. We should remember and change. And one thing we should remember is the profound sin of the church. One church that remembers and laments is First Baptist Tulsa, a congregation located just a few blocks from the Greenwood District. It has a prayer room dedicated to remembering the massacre, and its purpose is to “provide a place for our church and our community to explore the history of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921 and to prayerfully oppose the sin of racism in our world, in our churches and in our heart.”
. *

—- David French

https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/when-our-forefathers-fail

* This is a “pull quote”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8183 on: May 31, 2021, 08:51:44 PM »

Josh

My "day and half" comment was re the recent drama. And this week-end squabble with Larry aside, I've cut way back on my posting in this forum. Speaking as a life-long liberal Dem, I found the pc-ness of the Elba's woke crowd laughable, and I mocked it, but at its core is intolerance and fear of not being woke enough.   

But I'll play by any rules imposed, PG, R or X, I prefer R, just as long as balls and strikes are called fairly.
So, you cave.

Sad.

And the response from that crowd of committed leftists here is to run away and create a safe space for talking about politics.

"A liberal is a man who leaves the room when the fight begins." ---Heywood Broun (Bye, Larry. Bye, Barton.)

And, "Liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."---Lenny Bruce  (Josh, Little Stevie of AZ, the irrelevant Fac, bodidley...)

To be fair, the idiots on the right remind me of this quote: "In this world of sin and sorrow, there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."---H. L. Mencken

Moderation for political discussion is an imposed morality. And as Oscar Wilde put it, "Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people we personally dislike."

Think about it.

Put your legs down.

Go indoors and stop sucking your cock in public.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8184 on: May 31, 2021, 08:52:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/31/us/illinois-bill-ban-police-deception-minors-trnd/index.html

An important bill. It should be law everywhere.

Another win for police accountability movements and BLM.

Authoritarian wack jobs feel a little more shrinkage and resentment over this one as they should, seeing as how they are being phased out.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: May 31, 2021, 08:57:07 PM »

Josh

So, you cave.

Sad.

Think about it.

Once again, one utter fool, I offer you a taco.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: May 31, 2021, 09:03:25 PM »

And I too am fully aware of my responsibility in the recent drama, which lasted all of a day and a half.

But the real problem here is lack of moderation and I'm not blaming anyone for that.

There is a lack of moderation, but you should take credit for that.

So should Napoleon, with his newest name.

So should Larry.

But it's not a day and a half. It's largely day in and day out, and hardly restricted to you three.

Mostly, folks don't want to follow either the Elba rules or the rules of civil discourse. Nor do they mostly want me droppin hammers down, but unlike Liq I cannot put posts on moderation where I would see them first. (And even if I could, you all know the bullshit that would follow immediately.)

The sports fora get stupid, but seldom as long and seldom as stupid. Perhaps the "moderate" approach would be to shut down politics until people can agree on rules of decorum, while leaving everything else open.

I don't know.

My newest name is my name.

Holy shit that’s funny. It confirms a lot. Party on dude!

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: May 31, 2021, 09:11:00 PM »

Discussions are better than fights, Ham Sam,  because a fight is to find out who wins, and a discussion is to find what is true.  If people leave,  it's actually because they're not here to win and to be "right" but rather to find what is true.    Liberals are interested in the ideas of others as a path towards learning something.   Your interest seems to be more a path to abusing people and declaring victory.   

As for truth,  why do google and IWP come up empty for your "real name. "  ??
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: May 31, 2021, 09:14:52 PM »

Josh

So, you cave.

Sad.

Cave?

Nope wrong again

I took ownership and responsibility for my words.

And made it clear I will play by the rules, any rules, because I'm not afraid of rules.

I'll play in PG, R or X

home or away

doesn't matter to me, the message will be the same, but the tone may be moderated for the faint of heart.

As an aside, it took about 30 minutes after my post, that we got deep thoughts about US foreign policy.

And I answered kid's hypothetical (concentration camps etc)

Rather than being more pointed I just laughed,

you just can't be too woke in Elba

But I'm trying to be good

I'm trying Ringo, trying real hard to be the shephard.

LMAO

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: May 31, 2021, 10:18:03 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 2929