Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758688 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8310 on: June 01, 2021, 05:22:34 PM »

Joe Biden’s speech in Tulsa is going BIG and BOLD!

"We must not give hate a safe harbor."--Joe Biden

And yet, you routinely do just that.

Your naked hatred is on display day in and day out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: June 01, 2021, 05:27:02 PM »

Well if I was teaching Henry Miller in a lit class,  I would probably point out that cunt is offensive but also that some literary tropes involve deliberate offense.   It's my hope that students,  at the college level anyway and maybe HS,  can get to where they are sorting out their personal discomfort and not taking offense at the study of literature.  Or language that,  for the sake of art,  goes off the rails.   

Banks,  I agree the possibility of censorship looms over all artistic expression where an ethos says characters or images  cannot transgress in certain ways, and cause discomfort.   A lot of great artists have aimed to make audiences uncomfortable.  What I often can't tell is where a benign warning turns into censorship.   When I was a teenager,  any warnings on books were more like eyeball magnets.   :-)

Art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPRgUhPZy-w

Uh-huh.

Sure.

Thanks, humpty-ham. Both tracks are going on a play list. You are not entirely useless after all, whatever the internet seems to think about you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 05:30:48 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8312 on: June 01, 2021, 05:35:48 PM »

Well if I was teaching Henry Miller in a lit class,  I would probably point out that cunt is offensive but also that some literary tropes involve deliberate offense.   It's my hope that students,  at the college level anyway and maybe HS,  can get to where they are sorting out their personal discomfort and not taking offense at the study of literature.  Or language that,  for the sake of art,  goes off the rails.   

Banks,  I agree the possibility of censorship looms over all artistic expression where an ethos says characters or images  cannot transgress in certain ways, and cause discomfort.   A lot of great artists have aimed to make audiences uncomfortable.  What I often can't tell is where a benign warning turns into censorship.   When I was a teenager,  any warnings on books were more like eyeball magnets.   :-)

Uh-huh.

Sure.

Thanks, humpty-ham. Both tracks are going on a play list. You are not entirely useless after all, whatever the internet seems to think about you.

heh

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8313 on: June 01, 2021, 05:36:21 PM »

When I read folks are against reparations I think you are stuck on reparations for slavery which would be incalculable.

However, reparations for the generational wealth stolen from the end of Reconstruction, the early 20th century pogroms, the mid century theft through Urban Renewal and contemporary gentrification should not be dismissed out of hand.

For your thoughtful consideration.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8315 on: June 01, 2021, 05:50:15 PM »

Uh-huh.

Sure.

Here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVdyemx3qrI

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: June 01, 2021, 05:55:36 PM »

Thanks for proving my point.

Your boy fac seems to have a fascination with seeing how bigoted he can be, yet he draws only your praise.

Your wife would be embarrassed by your idiocy here.

I mean, if she were here.

Which she's not.

Sadly.

For ALL our sakes.

Because she kept you in check.

But now?

Well , we see what we see.

An angry old man who rails against the invisible.

So sad.

So, so sad.

Run along, now and...
Cue the Posse to ride to your rescue. Hurry!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: June 01, 2021, 05:58:13 PM »

When I read folks are against reparations I think you are stuck on reparations for slavery which would be incalculable.

However, reparations for the generational wealth stolen from the end of Reconstruction, the early 20th century pogroms, the mid century theft through Urban Renewal and contemporary gentrification should not be dismissed out of hand.

"Gentrification". It means "no white people allowed in our neighborhood".

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8318 on: June 01, 2021, 06:06:09 PM »

Your boy fac seems to have a fascination with seeing how bigoted he can be, yet he draws only your praise.

Which she's not.

Sadly.

For ALL our sakes.

But now?

So sad.

So, so sad.

Run along, now and...

Oh well.

You asked for it.

My wife sat down and read the forum a while back during one of the particularly nasty flame wars that concerned me.

She not only read the forum she read some of the posters.

She was an accomplished attorney as prosecutor, defender and judge.

One of things we became adept at once she could no long practice was to consult pro bono on jury selection and witness prep things most defendant can’t afford even if they believe in their innocence enough to go to trial.

She thought you were a desperately unhappy unfulfilled person who thought he never got credit or his due. She thought you were bitter unloved and repressed in your personal life and shitting on other people is what made you feel you had value. She is the one who told me you spent a long time in a career where you worked under people to whom you felt superior. She guessed they were black women,

Trust me. That was only a surface reading on you.

She felt sorry for you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 06:28:56 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8319 on: June 01, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »

"Gentrification". It means "no white people allowed in our neighborhood".

No it means after decades of bringing neighborhoods back from despair that effort led to property values skyrocketing to where the folks who put in the work became priced out through tax assessments.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8320 on: June 01, 2021, 06:20:05 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: June 01, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »

Which she's not.

Sadly.

For ALL our sakes.

But now?

So sad.

So, so sad.

Run along, now and...

Oh well.

You asked for it.

My wife sat down and read the forum a while back during one of the particularly nasty flame wars that concerned me.

One of things we became adept at once she could no long practice was to consult pro bono on jury selection and witness prep things most defendant can’t afford even if they believe in their innocence enough to go to trial.

She thought you were a desperately unhappy unfulfilled person who thought he never got credit or his due. She thought you were bitter unloved and repressed in your personal life and shitting on other people is what made you feel you had value. She is the one who told me you spent a long time in a career where you worked under people to whom you felt superior. She guessed they were black women,

She felt sorry for you.

So, she was as off base as you.

Funny how that is.

Anyway, she did keep you in check.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: June 01, 2021, 07:20:54 PM »

Ham hands, it’s truly something to see you here rip your dick off each day and stuff it in your mouth.

Some people put their foot there, but you take it to another level.

Unwatchable, yet truly amazing.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: June 01, 2021, 07:27:25 PM »

Which she's not.

Sadly.

For ALL our sakes.

But now?

So sad.

So, so sad.

Run along, now and...

Oh well.

You asked for it.

She felt sorry for you.

It may also be that he has a face like a long diseased cunt to match his skanky personality. I wouldn’t rule it out without some evidence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: June 01, 2021, 07:30:44 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/01/biden-anwr-alaska-oil-491498

The goal is 10% fewer republicans by 2022 and 20% fewer in 2024. Great things happen when republicans have no say in the matter at all.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 2929