Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758648 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8356 on: June 02, 2021, 10:53:14 AM »

Having done some research on cracker, I have concluded it does not convey exactly what I intend.

In future I will use the term alabastard.

Never saw cracker as equivalent to a racial epithet like n----,  because it specifically means a white bigot usually of rural origin.   Where n--r may refer to a person solely on their racial ancestry,  cracker is pinpointing the person's attitudes.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: June 02, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »

One of the nice, apparently new, features of Elba is that newbies are automatically ignored by the system.
Saves a lot of time.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: June 02, 2021, 11:23:21 AM »

Your ignorance is all encompassing, Red. It’s a feature of you, not Elba.

Your loss, as this Holly has added more sense in 15 posts on this forum than you have in your entire twisted history.

And your mother still dresses you funny.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8360 on: June 02, 2021, 11:44:12 AM »

Mets pitcher traumatized!!!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31551690/new-york-mets-marcus-stroman-refers-racist-undertones-crack-analyst-bob-brenly

Oh, the agony!!

Overreaction to an innocent comment

Why do you guys ALWAYS react so negatively when a black person asserts himself?

Why do we have to take slights, insults and micro aggressions by touching the back of our necks, averting our eyes, scuffing our shoe and sheepishly grinning, “yassauh?”

You don’t know how it feels so fuck you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: June 02, 2021, 11:55:11 AM »

Not negative.

I love Stroman.

Not really his reaction that was strong.  It was others.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8362 on: June 02, 2021, 11:56:00 AM »

Good thing DC has tough gun laws:

According to an indictment issued by the Justice Department on Sunday, during the week prior to the insurrection, various Oath Keepers held online meetings to plan the “DC op” for Jan. 6. They used encrypted apps and private messaging on social media to discuss preparations for a QRF, or “quick reaction force,” that would be ready to launch an armed assault in the nation’s capital. “[W]e have a shitload of QRF on standby with an arsenal,” one defendant commented on Dec. 31, responding to an offer from an unidentified individual to “coordinate help” from “friends not far from DC with a lot of weapons and ammo.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/06/january-6-conspiracy-congress-insurrection-oath-keepers-trump-roger-stone/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=naytev&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR25tV8YAIkwDgcgIiXfLU2jZGEhZaidNVgLY-6RjoFSQF5pfMfxqSY8rAU
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8364 on: June 02, 2021, 12:08:44 PM »

https://nypost.com/2021/06/01/nypd-unions-slam-maya-wileys-new-anti-cop-campaign-ad/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app&fbclid=IwAR0V677IfAGg5t4nr6x8FW34WNjWk4Hc4f8sjty_IFYX01ptS_l1xP9DjZA

No doubt she'll make plenty from the campaign

Yeah

PBA and SPBA are led by assholes

A pair of NYPD unions are suing the Civilian Complaint Review Board — again — after the watchdog expanded its power to investigate cops for sexual abuse and lying, according to new court papers.

At the heart of the latest challenge — brought by the two largest police unions, the Police Benevolent Association and Sergeants Benevolent Association — is a February rule change that broadened the abuse of authority charge that’s investigated by the CCRB.

The agency can now probe police for sexual misconduct and intentionally untruthful testimony.

But the unions claim the CCRB violated the state’s public meetings laws and “hastily” adopted the rule change.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/13/nypd-unions-sue-watchdog-to-stop-probes-into-sex-abuse-lying/

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8365 on: June 02, 2021, 12:28:39 PM »

Not negative.

I love Stroman.

Not really his reaction that was strong.  It was others.

You call it an innocent comment but I saw it as a negative comparison to my hero, Tom Terrific.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #8366 on: June 02, 2021, 12:45:54 PM »

One of the nice, apparently new, features of Elba is that newbies are automatically ignored by the system.
Saves a lot of time.

LoL!!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: June 02, 2021, 01:01:22 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: June 02, 2021, 01:03:28 PM »

Mets pitcher traumatized!!!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31551690/new-york-mets-marcus-stroman-refers-racist-undertones-crack-analyst-bob-brenly

Oh, the agony!!

Overreaction to an innocent comment

Why do we have to take slights, insults and micro aggressions by touching the back of our necks, averting our eyes, scuffing our shoe and sheepishly grinning, “yassauh?”

You don’t know how it feels so fuck you.

ALWAYS.

Yeah, that's how we do.

You love your absolutism!

Except when you're doing that whole "nuance" thing.

Heh

Toughen up, Larry.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 01:06:47 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 2928