Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758580 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8370 on: June 02, 2021, 01:28:21 PM »

Mets pitcher traumatized!!!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31551690/new-york-mets-marcus-stroman-refers-racist-undertones-crack-analyst-bob-brenly

Oh, the agony!!

Overreaction to an innocent comment

Overreacting is the primary marker for the woke crowd.

Some,  maybe.  But you are hardly the arbiter of how do-rag mockery might land on a black person.  It veers pretty close to "hey, look!  a pitcher with nappy hair!  haha!"

Here's the thing.  The commentator may have made the remark innocently.  So what usually happens IRL when we, innocently, say something offensive to someone?  Well, usually, we apologize and thank the person for making us aware of how our remark could be taken the wrong way.  This is the approach most people use with people in a peer group, or in a workplace, or in a relationship.  But, for some reason, the apology seems less available when it's concerning a remark about a black or POC's appearance.  Why do you think that is? 

Why does KidCarter, when Larry says something like "stop sucking your own cock in public," he instantly calls for a temp ban of Larry, but when you call Larry a racial slur or make fun of his weight or drop in a pointed remark about his late wife, Kid is as silent as a mouse?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: June 02, 2021, 01:46:40 PM »

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31551690/new-york-mets-marcus-stroman-refers-racist-undertones-crack-analyst-bob-brenly

Oh, the agony!!

Some,  maybe.  But you are hardly the arbiter of how do-rag mockery might land on a black person.  It veers pretty close to "hey, look!  a pitcher with nappy hair!  haha!"

Here's the thing.  The commentator may have made the remark innocently.  So what usually happens IRL when we, innocently, say something offensive to someone?  Well, usually, we apologize and thank the person for making us aware of how our remark could be taken the wrong way.  This is the approach most people use with people in a peer group, or in a workplace, or in a relationship.  But, for some reason, the apology seems less available when it's concerning a remark about a black or POC's appearance.  Why do you think that is? 

Why does KidCarter, when Larry says something like "stop sucking your own cock in public," he instantly calls for a temp ban of Larry, but when you call Larry a racial slur or make fun of his weight or drop in a pointed remark about his late wife, Kid is as silent as a mouse?

Okay, Nanny.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: June 02, 2021, 01:51:33 PM »

Funny stuff.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8373 on: June 02, 2021, 02:04:00 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

Why do you guys ALWAYS react so negatively when a black person asserts himself?

Why do we have to take slights, insults and micro aggressions by touching the back of our necks, averting our eyes, scuffing our shoe and sheepishly grinning, “yassauh?”

You don’t know how it feels so fuck you.

ALWAYS.

Yeah, that's how we do.

You love your absolutism!

Except when you're doing that whole "nuance" thing.

Heh

Toughen up, Larry.

You ALWAYS choose to be an asshole because that’s all you have.

You tell people to “toughen up” why don’t you just dail it  back on being a dick head... or do you want to more of what Francel thought about you?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8374 on: June 02, 2021, 02:08:30 PM »

Funny stuff.

It’s not funny.

It’s petty and mean.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: June 02, 2021, 02:21:02 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

Is it an overreaction? I mean to you it is, but you are not in an ethnic minority that sees its expression of self constantly denigrated by the dominant culture. As in...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1c0tEGfrU

A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8376 on: June 02, 2021, 02:21:55 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

Okay, Nanny.

No one is defending me from you.

They are telling YOU

you’re being an asshole.

You and I both know why you act the way you do.

You’re nothing but a frightened little boy desperate to feel you’re a tough guy.

You’re kidding yourself.

Get some therapy for your own sake.

PS - that is the last time I will show you any compassion.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8377 on: June 02, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

Is it an overreaction? I mean to you it is, but you are not in an ethnic minority that sees its expression of self constantly denigrated by the dominant culture. As in...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1c0tEGfrU

When my daughter was undergrad at Pitt she wrote a research paper on “Good Hair”

Her paper was published and is frequently cited

One of the things black people have to deal with in nearly all settings is someone asking if they can touch your hair...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: June 02, 2021, 05:19:08 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

Why do we have to take slights, insults and micro aggressions by touching the back of our necks, averting our eyes, scuffing our shoe and sheepishly grinning, “yassauh?”

ALWAYS.

Yeah, that's how we do.

Heh

Toughen up, Larry.

You tell people to “toughen up” why don’t you just dail it  back on being a dick head... or do you want to more of what Francel thought about you?

You haven't learned anything, Larry.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: June 02, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »

BIDENOMICS!!

The U.S. economic recovery is unlike any in recent history, powered by consumers with trillions in extra savings, businesses eager to hire and enormous policy support. Businesses and workers are poised to emerge from the downturn with far less permanent damage than occurred after recent recessions, particularly the 2007-09 downturn.

New businesses are popping up at the fastest pace on record. The rate at which workers quit their jobs—a proxy for confidence in the labor market—matches the highest going back at least to 2000. American household debt-service burdens, as a share of after-tax income, are near their lowest levels since 1980, when records began. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up nearly 18% from its pre-pandemic peak in February 2020. Home prices nationwide are nearly 14% higher since that time.

WSJ

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: June 02, 2021, 05:35:27 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: June 02, 2021, 05:43:27 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

Okay, Nanny.

No one is defending me from you.

They are telling YOU

you’re being an asshole.

You and I both know why you act the way you do.

You’re nothing but a frightened little boy desperate to feel you’re a tough guy.

You’re kidding yourself.

Get some therapy for your own sake.

PS - that is the last time I will show you any compassion.

Sure thing, Bucky.

Your problem, and most people's here, is that you take all this shit seriously, as though what happens here will alter the world and make it better place.

Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons,
Packed up and ready to go
Heard of some grave sites, out by the highway,
A place where nobody knows

The sound of gunfire, off in the distance,
I'm getting used to it now
Lived in a brownstone, lived in a ghetto,
I've lived all over this town

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
This ain't no fooling around
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey,
I ain't got time for that now.

Transmit the message, to the receiver,
Hope for an answer some day
I got three passports, a couple of visas,
You don't even know my real name

It's only rock and roll to me, Larry.

You don't define me, but you sure do let others define you!

Ciao.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: June 02, 2021, 05:53:01 PM »

So? Was his cousin Whitey Herzog?

Isaac Herzog elected as Israel's 11th president

https://www.yahoo.com/news/isaac-herzog-elected-israels-11th-112843068.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: June 02, 2021, 06:03:23 PM »

To say that the Biden administration inherited a slew of major issues when they took office in January is an understatement—and top among them is the student debt crisis, which is estimated to be approximately $1.6 trillion dollars these days. When President Biden and Vice President Harris were sworn in, they vowed to erase student loans—but now months have passed without change. And for every day of inaction, present and former students are drowning in debt and demanding the administration give loan forgiveness the gravity it deserves.

Liz King, the Director of Education Equity for the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, says it’s a symptom of our broken system of higher education, particularly for students of color. “As we wrestle with deep structural inequalities, and the significant harms of a global pandemic, student debt forgiveness provides a clear path to support families and racial equity,” King tells Cosmopolitan, before elaborating

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/biden-administration-were-serious-racial-185800448.html

Give us money. Give us more money.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8384 on: June 02, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »

Oh, the agony!!

ALWAYS.

Yeah, that's how we do.

Heh

Toughen up, Larry.

You haven't learned anything, Larry.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 2928