Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757757 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8715 on: June 06, 2021, 12:53:05 PM »

Manchin wants to be re-elected in a state that went 70-30 Trump.

that's reality.

his reality is he need the 30% to stick with him, while getting enough indy support and enough Repubs who like he's sticking it to Joe B to vote for him in '24.

Its not moderate Dems

Moderate Dems are not a problem in most non 3rd world areas of the US.

But fuck Joe Manchin and all his chins.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:55:16 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: June 06, 2021, 12:55:31 PM »

that's reality.

his reality is he need the 30% to stick with him, while getting enough indy support and enough Repubs who like he's sticking it to Joe B to vote for him in '22.

Its not moderate Dems

BING---FUCKINg---GO.

The way to reach a guy like Manchin is with a little arm-twisting.

Either the dead girl or the live boy would work, with latter being tough for the woke stem of the Dems to see being employed, but it would work in WVA.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 01:00:09 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: June 06, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »

When one party, our current republicans, has devolved into lawlessness and terrorism, champions of bipartisanship are really moving this country into another hot and bloody civil war.

Beat them at the ballot box, break them on the witness stand, and bury them in prison. Then we won’t have to use our Swiss Army knives to carve their rot out of the body politic.

The best bet to avoid the bloodbath is flipping Romney and or Murkowski so we can dump Manchin and or Sinema.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 01:02:29 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: June 06, 2021, 01:03:44 PM »

Its an interesting belief that the politics of progressive Dems which has only modest support outside of progressive circles will be a killer platform in  for Dems in '22.

I think its deadly politics, in most states, for Dems, but...

Although Speaker of the House Marjorie Taylor Greene doling out committee chairs might prove entertaining.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: June 06, 2021, 01:12:48 PM »

that's reality.

his reality is he need the 30% to stick with him, while getting enough indy support and enough Repubs who like he's sticking it to Joe B to vote for him in '22.

Its not moderate Dems

BING---FUCKINg---GO.

The way to reach a guy like Manchin is with a little arm-twisting.

Either the dead girl or the live boy would work, with latter being tough for the woke stem of the Dems to see being employed, but it would work in WVA.

Manchin is playing both sides middling Biden v McConnell for whatever he can get.

He got dealt a lotta of undeserved power so he's leveraging it for whatever he can.

politics as usual, SSDD

Right now he's leveraging it to retain support with former coal miners and meth hounds for his eventual re-election bid

But Manchin wants some pork and bennies for his constiuents.

And he'll get it in some fashion.

Maybe pulled pork

heh

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: June 06, 2021, 01:17:28 PM »

It's worth googling " Trump wearing his pants backwards" to get a sense where the RW of the GOP is going.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8721 on: June 06, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »

that's reality.

his reality is he need the 30% to stick with him, while getting enough indy support and enough Repubs who like he's sticking it to Joe B to vote for him in '24.

Its not moderate Dems

Moderate Dems are not a problem in most non 3rd world areas of the US.

But fuck Joe Manchin and all his chins.

If Manchin helps get Biden’s economic plans become law he’ll be re-elected in 2024 in a walk.

If he lets GOP rerun their “victory of No” game plan of 2009 you will surely lose the House Majority in 2022.

Deliver on Biden’s BIG spending plan and the mid terms look like 2002.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8722 on: June 06, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »

Its an interesting belief that the politics of progressive Dems which has only modest support outside of progressive circles will be a killer platform in  for Dems in '22.

Although Speaker of the House Marjorie Taylor Greene doling out committee chairs might prove entertaining.

You are so far out of step with rest of the nation it’s a crying shame.

Your perspective is 20 years out of date. After this pandemic people want big changes and they’d love it sooner than later.

The MAJORITY of Americans across the political spectrum want what you call progressive economic policies
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8723 on: June 06, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »

I’ve been sprung from rehab and I’m back home.

I hav not been on any pain meds since they stopped giving me Flexeril four days post op

Please, no more drug japes

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: June 06, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »

Biden's already come down BIG from his initial Infrastructure plan, but I suspect whatever eventually gets agreed to will be called HUGE!!!

And Rs will claim credit for rebuilding highways, bridges and tunnels in red states.

But turning democracy into rubble.

I don't feel like searching and pulling but In June 2020 I proposed a limited to do list for Joe to do: Beat covid, get America back to school and work, pass an infrastructure plan to goose the economy and put food on the table, pay the rent. Things most Americans could easily support. And then work on voting rights.

Then intro some EPA/Green initiatives so we don't continue pollute ourselves to oblivion. And most Americans would support that agenda and he'd have a fighting chance to hold Congress in '22.

its kind of playing out as I imagined.

Everybody wanted the covid relief, and most want an infrastructure, depending upon the definitions.

Repubs want and need voter suppression, Dems don't.

So a Voting Rights bill might be tricky to get done.

So I think Joe should ratchet up a plan to double or triple legal hiring at DoJ.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: June 06, 2021, 01:56:10 PM »

Failed policy:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1401223261820751883

President Biden talking about the record number of people using ACA to access health insurance with his friend Barry.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: June 06, 2021, 02:00:51 PM »

You are so far out of step with rest of the nation it’s a crying shame.

Your perspective is 20 years out of date. After this pandemic people want big changes and they’d love it sooner than later.

The MAJORITY of Americans across the political spectrum want what you call progressive economic policies

as I keep on telling you Larry there's a difference between politics and policy.

But keep on blaming mod Dems and Indies for not thinking like about 20% of the country.

You want a form of minority rule, you just haven't figured that out.

I may be out of step, but I'm comfortable in general with majority rule.

Keep on goose stepping Larry

and feel better soon

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 02:03:10 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: June 06, 2021, 02:04:37 PM »

Speaker Taylor Green only happens if we let republicans rig the vote. That is what Manchin is doing. He’s losing his country to pander for his seat. If it weren’t my country, I’d be happy to let republicans March him off to a final Gym Jordan “frisky” shower as reward for his cowardice and deep denial. The trouble is he will be far from the only one.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: June 06, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »

Biden's already come down BIG from his initial Infrastructure plan, but I suspect whatever eventually gets agreed to will be called HUGE!!!

And Rs will claim credit for rebuilding highways, bridges and tunnels in red states.

But turning democracy into rubble.

I don't feel like searching and pulling but In June 2020 I proposed a limited to do list for Joe to do: Beat covid, get America back to school and work, pass an infrastructure plan to goose the economy and put food on the table, pay the rent. Things most Americans could easily support. And then work on voting rights.

Then intro some EPA/Green initiatives so we don't continue pollute ourselves to oblivion. And most Americans would support that agenda and he'd have a fighting chance to hold Congress in '22.

its kind of playing out as I imagined.

Everybody wanted the covid relief, and most want an infrastructure, depending upon the definitions.

Repubs want and need voter suppression, Dems don't.

So a Voting Rights bill might be tricky to get done.

So I think Joe should ratchet up a plan to double or triple legal hiring at DoJ.

The republicans, by rejecting all reasonable offers and providing none of their own, have kept the 2-3 trillion dollar version of the infrastructure package alive and well. We’ll use reconciliation by Labor Day if republicans haven’t forced Manchin to kill the filibuster by then by doubling and then tripling down on their disgusting psychotic godless terrorist ways.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: June 06, 2021, 02:12:59 PM »

The “reinstatement” of loser trump is off to a fantastic start…

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 2928