Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763185 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #930 on: February 04, 2021, 12:07:17 PM »

WTF is with White people in Florida?

https://twitter.com/sambrocknbc/status/1357047400548950023?s=21

Paint with a broad brush, much?

There are many good folks in FL who happen to be white.

Check your bigotry.

fuck off, asshole.

I see you are committed to your stupidity.

I'm committed to treating you with the respect you've earned.

Don't like it?

Tough.

Either put me on ignore or just skip past my posts.

Now go fuck yourself with a jagged stick.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 04, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »

They can still have intramural sport teams -- ones that play against other teams at the same school.  The gym and track remain open for students to use.

The big money semi-professionalized sports where the athletes don't get paid are very problematic.  As they don't actually encourage or allow much time for academics.  And they bring in ringers not prepared to earn 4 year degrees.  And there are a good deal of injuries in such high level sports.

It's really been a huge money making scam for a long time, mostly wherein black and poor athletes provide their skills and labor to make white folks money, while "student-athlete" workers go unpaid.

Basketball, baseball, NFL etc...I see lots of rich Black and once-poor athletes.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 04, 2021, 12:09:04 PM »

Another GOP legislator making news for all the wrong reasons:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/us/missouri-lawmaker-fake-covid-19-treatment-trnd/index.html

Medical fraud instead of election fraud - she's apparently been selling fake stem cells as a cure for COVID-19.

She did plead not guilty, so she'll get "her day in court," but it sounds pretty solid at this point.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 04, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »

I am vastly amused that (a) Liz Cheney got re-elected to her position by the GOP House members, (b) Matt Gaetz is struggling to accept the election results, and (c) they held the vote by secret ballot!

Sure the vote was only 145 for and 61 against, but it tells you that the 61 anonymous US Reps who opposed her are more out of step with their party than they like to think. Just under 30% of them, when allowed to cast their votes without fear of retribution, wanted to punish Rep. Cheney for her vote to impeach Trump.

I am not a big Liz Cheney fan and I don't care much for how the House GOP folks vote, in general, but this was important for the country.

Now if only the GOP Senate will show as much, without the mask of anonymity.

NOT holding my breath, I fear.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 04, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/voting-rights-state-legislation/index.html

The GOP is pushing more than 100 bills across the country to try to restrict (and reduce) voting.

I posted about one in GA the other day, but it's just the tip of the efforts of a desperate party to retain power.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #935 on: February 04, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/voting-rights-state-legislation/index.html

The GOP is pushing more than 100 bills across the country to try to restrict (and reduce) voting.

I posted about one in GA the other day, but it's just the tip of the efforts of a desperate party to retain power.

The whole stolen section lie and ensuing insurrection was based on the fact black voters had an outsized influence on the elections.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 04, 2021, 01:38:06 PM »

Updating national voting and election standards is a piece of legislation worth burying the filibuster under to end that flavor of GOP ratfuckery
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 04, 2021, 01:45:02 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/02/04/how-one-billionaire-family-bankrolled-election-lies-white-nationalism--and-the-capitol-riot/

The hub of the conspiracy at the heart of the RICO investigation. Trump, like some posters here, is clearly merely a sock puppet.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 04, 2021, 02:01:17 PM »

I’m guessing if Biden creates a “ Reality Czar” Sandy Cortez need not apply. LOL!

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #941 on: February 04, 2021, 02:05:03 PM »

I’m guessing if Biden creates a “ Reality Czar” Sandy Cortez need not apply. LOL!

Ha ha ha.... ha.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 2929