Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 2706

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 497260 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #540 on: January 28, 2021, 05:13:12 AM »

Sweet. They’ll be selling you your energy shortly.

Exactly.  Another positive.  The poor indigenous folk might start profiting from their interior scrubland.  Though it won't surprise me if they get bypassed and don't.

More likely the energy bill will arrive in Chinese.

It's very complicated...Black and White [including the rest].

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 28, 2021, 05:20:39 AM »

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:22:19 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 28, 2021, 06:45:20 AM »

Bambu, you should read the Snopes article you posted and took quotes from.

Carefully.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:33 AM »

Why is the GOP censuring Cindy McCain, Jeff Flake, and Doug Ducey?  I thought they were against cancel culture?

When they do it, it's not cancel culture. It's protecting their purity.
They are only against "cancel culture" when it applies to them. And when they use it, they usually mean, "I've said something horrible and people are holding me.accountable."

And and Kelli Ward wants to be Senator.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2021, 12:04:47 PM »

Iowa Sen. Grassley, is 87 and will be 89 if he chooses to run for an eighth term. Grassley is so old his grandson, Pat Grassley the Iowa state House speaker, might run to succeed him.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2021, 12:32:23 PM »

If u lost ur pet pidgin /it’s dead in front yard my Iowa farm JUST DISCOVERED here r identifiers Right leg Blue 2020/3089/AU2020/SHE ///LEFT LEG GREEN BAND NO PRINTED INFO. Sorry for bad news
    — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley) September 19, 2020

Move over, Gertrude Stein.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 12:44:13 PM by barton »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 28, 2021, 12:34:57 PM »

The first 22M Americans have been vaccinated for COVID-19, and initial safety data shows everything is going well, CDC says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/28/covid-19-vaccines-cdc-safety-data-pfizer-moderna-coronavirus/4281434001/

Things are looking up!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #547 on: January 28, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »

It's rare when "cancel culture" actually means anything besides "arghhh, people are holding me accountable for what I said" or "I need a cheap shot here, to make someone with a conscience look like Stalin."  Sometimes, a college will ban a controversial guest speaker with views deemed unsavory, and I would allow that this can be unfortunate, and a missed opportunity for students to use those critical thinking skills the college is supposed to be teaching them.  Really, just let Milo Yoknapatawpha (or whatever his name is) have his moment on the soapbox, and face whatever jeers or cheers come his way.  It's also good to have a Q&A session when such guest speakers show up, so that students can learn how to challenge the flaws they encounter in someone's ideas.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 28, 2021, 01:12:33 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/south-africa-coronavirus-variant/2021/01/27/1b8ab6a0-5f4d-11eb-a177-7765f29a9524_story.html

This very contagious new variant may also require a special booster shot, with some of the present vaccines.  And it's here in the USA.  Keep those quality multi-layer masks on.  And fuck these bozos who walk around with a bandana or a neck gaiter on their lower face, like that's actually doing something. 

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 28, 2021, 01:37:53 PM »

It's rare when "cancel culture" actually means anything besides "arghhh, people are holding me accountable for what I said" or "I need a cheap shot here, to make someone with a conscience look like Stalin."  Sometimes, a college will ban a controversial guest speaker with views deemed unsavory, and I would allow that this can be unfortunate, and a missed opportunity for students to use those critical thinking skills the college is supposed to be teaching them.  Really, just let Milo Yoknapatawpha (or whatever his name is) have his moment on the soapbox, and face whatever jeers or cheers come his way.  It's also good to have a Q&A session when such guest speakers show up, so that students can learn how to challenge the flaws they encounter in someone's ideas.
You have used too much punctuation. Consider rewriting this post as a single sentence.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 28, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Feds-CT-man-who-threatened-to-kill-Trump-gets-9-15904684.php

This is part, though only part, of why I do not want threats to kill anybody on our forum, folks.

The other non-morality based part is the ongoing effort to ditch Section 230 that protects hosts of sites from implicit guilt through the actions of those using the platform. The day that comes down or gets altered is the day that I, Liq, and whomever our hosting company is become vulnerable to the actions of our posters.

But honestly, the first one is cause enough. I do not trust all of our members to choose not to "turn in" the posters they are less fond of, for whatever reason, to authorities, saying "So-and-so threatened the president!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 28, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »

You have used too much punctuation. Consider rewriting this post as a single sentence.

Heh

Barton = Elaine Benes
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #553 on: January 28, 2021, 03:54:00 PM »

War, what is it good for?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 28, 2021, 04:17:05 PM »

Bambu, you should read the Snopes article you posted and took quotes from.

Carefully.

I did.
Then removed it, deleted the post.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:18:41 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 2706