Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764593 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #600 on: January 29, 2021, 09:02:55 PM »

Bloomberg columnist Eli Lake blasted members of the mainstream media who "couldn't stop swooning" over New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D., amid his nursing home scandal. 

Throughout much of the pandemic, Cuomo benefited from glowing media coverage ( CNN ESPECIALLY)over his response to the coronavirus outbreak despite the growing controversy surrounding his ill-fated nursing home policy last spring. The policy required assisted living facilities to accept COVID-positive patients in order to not overcrowd hospitals, which for months received little to no scrutiny. 

But also shame on the journalists who couldn’t stop swooning," Lake added. 

Watching chickens return to roost can be a lot of fun.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 29, 2021, 09:05:37 PM »

A jury verdict isn’t secret.
It isn’t?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 29, 2021, 09:09:18 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 29, 2021, 09:13:00 PM »

Bloomberg columnist Eli Lake blasted members of the mainstream media who "couldn't stop swooning" over New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D., amid his nursing home scandal.

Throughout much of the pandemic, Cuomo benefited from glowing media coverage ( CNN ESPECIALLY)over his response to the coronavirus outbreak despite the growing controversy surrounding his ill-fated nursing home policy last spring. The policy required assisted living facilities to accept COVID-positive patients in order to not overcrowd hospitals, which for months received little to no scrutiny.

If anyone in the said assisted living facilities died as a result of his policy, then surely he should be held accountable.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2021, 09:17:18 PM »

It isn’t?
Deliberations are secret. The losing side almost always asks that each juror be polled.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »

"Republicans Can’t Believe Democrats Don’t Want to Work With Them Just  Because of the Guns and the Death Threats and the Congresswoman Who  Thinks Jews Started the California Wildfires With Space Lasers".

Headline of a Reddit thread.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2021, 09:30:00 PM »

It isn’t?
Deliberations are secret. The losing side almost always asks that each juror be polled.
Almost all of criminal and Federal trials require a unanimous decision as to guilt or innocence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2021, 09:31:15 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2021, 09:33:37 PM »

It isn’t?
Almost all of criminal and Federal trials require a unanimous decision as to guilt or innocence.
What does that have to with my answer? The losing side will ask each juror to state their concurrence with the verdict before it’s entered. And thus their “vote” is not secret. Which is what I said in the first place. The “I” being your apparent sole reason to argue.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:36:23 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2021, 09:33:43 PM »

Republicans lied about the election results. Their followers attacked the US Capitol.

Have fun while it lasts..
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2021, 09:35:12 PM »

It isn’t?

yeah, so?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2021, 09:35:47 PM »

It isn’t?
What does that have to with my answer? The losing side will ask each juror to state their concurrence with the verdict before it’s entered.
I guess you just don’t understand much about trials.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 29, 2021, 09:37:15 PM »

It isn’t?
What does that have to with my answer? The losing side will ask each juror to state their concurrence with the verdict before it’s entered.
I’m not just guessing that you don’t.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 29, 2021, 09:38:59 PM »

So it’s still your argument that a jury verdict is secret?

Looking forward to the clever way you phrase your usual “I didn’t make that argument” assertion.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:40:42 PM by Yankguy1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 29, 2021, 09:39:24 PM »

It isn’t?
I’m not just guessing that you don’t.
LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 2929